New grower leaf problems help needed please

• Thread starter Ryanboii
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeh I don't think the ph is the cause iv tried a few things to see if it will help but only time will tell atm ill keep posted. Thanks.
I kinda feel like it's a salinity issue... aka high ppm. The ph itself is not so bad but it is a slight indication you may have a nutrient buildup

Garg710

Garg710

I just use tap water but I have ph up and down if needed but never had to yet as the water has always been between 5.5-6.5 so then I add what nutes im using and feed never had a problem until this occurred im gutted other 1 is doing fine and iv done the exact same to each only difference is this 1 is closer to the fan and as I noticed recently when I water I notice some roots on or near the surface so iv topped it up with some living soil. Moved the plants round and gone back to my original routine of having extractor off for a day every now and then. So it don't get too dry.
See, the chlorine in your tap water sterilized your soil in turn you get much smaller roots and leaf issues. Also screws with nutrient absorption regardless of ph. The least you could do is let your tap water sit in buckets at least 24 hours before using it. That will get rid of all the chlorine but not chloramine.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

See, the chlorine in your tap water sterilized your soil in turn you get much smaller roots and leaf issues. Also screws with nutrient absorption regardless of ph. The least you could do is let your tap water sit in buckets at least 24 hours before using it. That will get rid of all the chlorine but not chloramine.
Chlorine is a micro nutrient and is not allowed to be higher than 4 ppm in drinking water. Most often times its 1 ppm. It reacts with organics, bacteria etc and is destroyed in the process. While it may damage the population of microbes its insignificant... in a tea its much different.

Its not going to kill the soil. Much more of an issue is overwatering. That creates anaerobic conditions.

Garg710

Garg710

Chlorine is a micro nutrient and is not allowed to be higher than 4 ppm in drinking water. Most often times its 1 ppm. It reacts with organics, bacteria etc and is destroyed in the process. While it may damage the population of microbes its insignificant... in a tea its much different.

Its not going to kill the soil. Much more of an issue is overwatering. That creates anaerobic conditions.
Maybe not kill the soil but dull it's full potential.. but I get where you're coming from.

Top Bottom