New grower looking for advice

• Thread starter Lion1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JustAdude

Hello all,

I am also new to the game, would you be able to help me understand why is this happening?

TerraAquatica - TriPart at .5ml per L
CalMAG - at .5ml / L
bacterial inoculant to prevent root rot
15000 lux 18/6
pH 5.8-6.3 adjusting every other day - (maybe I should stop doing this)

Thanks a lot for any advice.

Leaf 1
Pt1
GuySmiley

GuySmiley

The success of anyone's grow is directly proportional to the amount and quality of the information they have on the subject BEFORE starting.

J

JustAdude

The success of anyone's grow is directly proportional to the amount and quality of the information they have on the subject BEFORE starting.
Thanks for sharing your valuable wisdom, though you comment was not helpful at all.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I'm kind of on the fence on this one. Yes the plant is pretty rough and I would tend to agree with GNick and BEL that the plant is going to take some time to recover. My suggestion would be to do BOTH. Keep trying to revive your plant but if you really want to GROW, start new.

IMO, my method is probably the simplest. I just use base grow and bloom with a few amendments in soil. Nothing complicated.

Floranova Grow and Bloom
Hormex
Cal/Mag
ProTekt Silicate

Voodoo Juice first 2 weeks after seed soil break or immediately after clone transplant.

Soil and prep. Roots Organic Original amended with Extreme Gardening MYKOS Mycorrhizae. Myco goes on bottom of transplant hole and sides to envelope the root system in beneficial fungus and bacteria.

Bud Candy the first six weeks of flower and you halve the Hormex, Cal/Mag and Silicate after that until harvest. I use PPM as my nute guide so whatever I cut in amendments I add bloom to reach my PPM number.

That's it.....

OP, probably the most important aspect to your grow is the selection of your genetics.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I'm kind of on the fence on this one. Yes the plant is pretty rough and I would tend to agree with GNick and BEL that the plant is going to take some time to recover. My suggestion would be to do BOTH. Keep trying to revive your plant but if you really want to GROW, start new.

IMO, my method is probably the simplest. I just use base grow and bloom with a few amendments in soil. Nothing complicated.

Floranova Grow and Bloom
Hormex
Cal/Mag
ProTekt Silicate

Voodoo Juice first 2 weeks after seed soil break or immediately after clone transplant.

Soil and prep. Roots Organic Original amended with Extreme Gardening MYKOS Mycorrhizae. Myco goes on bottom of transplant hole and sides to envelope the root system in beneficial fungus and bacteria.

Bud Candy the first six weeks of flower and you halve the Hormex, Cal/Mag and Silicate after that until harvest. I use PPM as my nute guide so whatever I cut in amendments I add bloom to reach my PPM number.

That's it.....

OP, probably the most important aspect to your grow is the selection of your genetics.

I use a different nutrient line but the advice above is solid. This is a plant. It's too easy to over-think it. Your best practice is to keep things as simple as you can. As you have a few grows under your belt, you'll begin to see things ... patterns ... then you can begin to fine-tune and "complicate it" if you so choose. I've been growing for years now. I'm good, but no where's near being a master. To get to that stage takes a lot of time and each strain is a bit different. For example, I've got 3 Greenhouse Seeds "Chem Dogs" and I hate to say it, they have been a very finicky strain ... a "goldilocks" variety. Right next to them are @Kanzeon's Kaleidoscope. It's a strain a member here sent me to try. That strain is humming along as happy as can be.

Simple in my book means a 2 or 3 part line-up (nutrient salts are the best for a newbie to start with). The extras would include cal-mag, silica, and beneficial microbes. All those are what @RootsRuler is suggesting above. He's just giving you brand names. Those are great brands ... there are others too. Be careful though, some are out of this world in cost. Remember what I said above? It's a plant. Keep it simple. You'll be glad you did.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Hello all,

I am also new to the game, would you be able to help me understand why is this happening?

TerraAquatica - TriPart at .5ml per L
CalMAG - at .5ml / L
bacterial inoculant to prevent root rot
15000 lux 18/6
pH 5.8-6.3 adjusting every other day - (maybe I should stop doing this)

Thanks a lot for any advice.
Look up Aquaman. He has extensive experience in DWC.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I use a different nutrient line but the advice above is solid. This is a plant. It's too easy to over-think it. Your best practice is to keep things as simple as you can. As you have a few grows under your belt, you'll begin to see things ... patterns ... then you can begin to fine-tune and "complicate it" if you so choose. I've been growing for years now. I'm good, but no where's near being a master. To get to that stage takes a lot of time and each strain is a bit different. For example, I've got 3 Greenhouse Seeds "Chem Dogs" and I hate to say it, they have been a very finicky strain ... a "goldilocks" variety. Right next to them are @Kanzeon's Kaleidoscope. It's a strain a member here sent me to try. That strain is humming along as happy as can be.

Simple in my book means a 2 or 3 part line-up (nutrient salts are the best for a newbie to start with). The extras would include cal-mag, silica, and beneficial microbes. All those are what @RootsRuler is suggesting above. He's just giving you brand names. Those are great brands ... there are others too. Be careful though, some are out of this world in cost. Remember what I said above? It's a plant. Keep it simple. You'll be glad you did.
This^^^^^

The issue I have with alot of the amendments that come out are that they are usually geared towards large grow issues or advances so while they may "improve" your yield how much is debatable. I can see if a particular amendment that improves your crop yield by 5% would be worth it if I'm cultivating 1000+ plants but when you're growing 2 or 3 or 4 plants is the 5% you got really worth the hassle and money?

I kind of liken it to snow skiing or boarding. Doesn't matter how good a board or planks you have if you can't stay upright......

Last edited:
J

JustAdude

Thank you all for your advice, much appreciated. The plant looks still the same, yellow patches all over. However, it is growing well, no other signs of poor health.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Thank you all for your advice, much appreciated. The plant looks still the same, yellow patches all over. However, it is growing well, no other signs of poor health.
What's damaged won't heal. It's your new growth that you should be paying attention to. If the new growth looks healthy, you're on your way to a more positive outcome.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

You can have all the guides, info, genetics, top of the line nutrients and best environment in the world. Some people just aren't good at growing things and I've come to accept this 🤣

Trial & error. Try different methods. Eventually you'll find something that clicks and you will have that eureka moment. Or you'll realize that dispo weed is the best you'll ever get.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

You can have all the guides, info, genetics, top of the line nutrients and best environment in the world. Some people just aren't good at growing things and I've come to accept this 🤣

Trial & error. Try different methods. Eventually you'll find something that clicks and you will have that eureka moment. Or you'll realize that dispo weed is the best you'll ever get.
Ive got a few friends that need to read this and give up growing. Theyve killed more plants in a year than ive grown in 4 years! Lmao

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Oh God! No.....

From what I know most growers keep the best and sell the rest to dispensaries.
That would probably depend on where you are at.

I don't think Michigan dispensaries can legally accept anything that doesn't come from a licensed facility. Before regulation hit, state licensed caregivers could legally sell their overages to the medical market. Then for a short time, medical caregivers could sell to a recreational facility if all other legal requirements were met. Now, a license issued by LARA is required to sell. No products can change hands without lab testing, seed to sale tracking, and a COA. In Michigan, it's a multi-step and rather expensive process to be able to sell legal cannabis. Even a craft grower's license is expensive and comes with a bunch of red tape.

I

Ilike2grownow

I’ve gotten disp weed before and it was top shelf stuff, but it was nowhere as good as the stuff I grow. Shit… I’ve grown a mazar before that was leagues better then disp weed and that was the crappiest plant I’ve ever grown.

Top Bottom