new grower looking for opinions

• Thread starter imbecile
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

imbecile

i have a 4X10 closet with a 400 watt hps light and an rubbermaid tub 18 gallon w 4 4in net pots a 250 gph pump and 7 360degree sprayers here are some pix second time ever growing hydro is new to me.. got technaflora nutes

New grower looking for opinions
New grower looking for opinions 2
New grower looking for opinions 3
New grower looking for opinions 4
New grower looking for opinions 5
New grower looking for opinions 6
New grower looking for opinions 7
New grower looking for opinions 8
New grower looking for opinions 9
dextr0

dextr0

Man, OK first of all you babies are stretching like a muthafucker. Get them right up on that flouro light (check the temp with back of hand to see if its too hot if its to hot for your hand to hot for plants). 2nd the cuttings (i supposed thats what they are) need humidity...put a dome on that bitch. And trim them leaves down. If you have no roots on them cuttings go ahead and cut them shorter. All that length is really unnecessary and causes the plant to work harder when its in an already fragile state. Good luck.

R

ReadySetGrowD9

Man, OK first of all you babies are stretching like a muthafucker. Get them right up on that flouro light (check the temp with back of hand to see if its too hot if its to hot for your hand to hot for plants). 2nd the cuttings (i supposed thats what they are) need humidity...put a dome on that bitch. And trim them leaves down. If you have no roots on them cuttings go ahead and cut them shorter. All that length is really unnecessary and causes the plant to work harder when its in an already fragile state. Good luck.

Took the words outta my mouth lol.... also if i were you b4 i started growing in there i would cover or pull up that carpet too

I

imbecile

sorry i was really stoned last night those babies are dead....lesson learned i have now ones kept lights much much closer...plus i haver a new setup for my clones/seedlings i did away with the florescent and whent with a cfl ste up will take more pix today.

I

imbecile

yeah those are old and outdated pix learned an importaint lesson lost all those clones but i had 5 but 3 i burnt up with the hps light...opps...lol trial and error right i will get some better pix up later of my seedling clone area....changed the lights to cfl's in there from them walmart floros

dextr0

dextr0

there is nothing wrong with that flouro. Maybe take off the light cover...thats just what i would do. Long story short CFLs are great....but they throw light in all directions. 2ndly they dont have as much coverage. Your getting great coverage and consistency with that walmart flouro, dont give up on that. Imvho I think that flouros are the safest best bet on clones and seedling starting...if not then stick the clones and seedlings far from the light (like in a shady corner) if using HPS or MH.

I

imbecile

updates

here are the current pix with the grow room (hps room) not included due to mistakes made....anyways heres what i got as far as seeds and clons go may be alittle veggin

IM000071
IM000072
IM000073
IM000074
IM000075
IM000076
dextr0

dextr0

The seedlings in the first pic look to far from the light.

dextr0

dextr0

And the clones might be a little too close...i would stick those clones in that little space you have in the seedling tray, take the clear dome out from under and scoot that whole black tray as close to the light as possible. No clear tray under the black tray...or really its up to you i cant really distance it from where I'm looking. Just dont burn your seedlings and give the clones a little space from the heat (light) for now. Lookin good...what happened to the other long flouros?

I

imbecile

i am looking to relocate them to the wall behind??? see any problems with that

I

imbecile

the floros that clone is/was deader than dead i fried it with the hps light i was trying to use humidity dome to bring it back failed miserably once the light fred it it was ov.

dextr0

dextr0

you wanna use the floros as side lighting? That b tha shit.

dextr0

dextr0

Definitely. Just becarefull with the heat and you should be ok. Good luck.

Dextr0

I

imbecile

i am still looking how i am gonna mount them since i am everchanging what i have...prolly gonna go vertically

I

imbecile

heres what got for the moment....any opinions changes seen that i need to make... i think i may need to raise the cups up more......towards the light.. what kinda potting soil is recommended? my hydro res keeps leaking and i cannot keep it under control so i guess back to dirt for the moment

IM000077
IM000078
dextr0

dextr0

The side lighting is doing nothing at all right there. Attach it to the wall. Horizontal not vertically. The same way your other light is just the bulb facing the side of your plants instead of the top. Your pots are high so make sure the light is not blocked by the pots. You should raise them up a little keep the canopy (top of the plant as close to the source of light possible (the light bulb). Remember that floros have limited penetration strength. Your gonna have to work with the light. You see how the whole top part of those lights are way up there and partially covered by that other light also. Not good. Only a Portion of your light is getting utilized. Remember the further your canopy is from the light source the less penetration and light that is getting to your plant period but also to esp the bottom of the plant.

Top Bottom