New growth is light green

• Thread starter mortyb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mortyb

mortyb

I'm noticing light green growth on all my new plants. The odd thing is that they're all in different mediums. I have one in coco soil & I'm only feeding GH nutrients and 2 in different super soil mixes. For the coco & super soil mix #1, I've been feeding it a mix of RO water + dechlorinated tap water (my cities water is very hard). For super soil mix #2, I've been feeding it straight RO water.

Does this new growth look normal, or perhaps is it a CalMag deficiency?

Coco

New growth is light green

Mix 1

New growth is light green 3

Mix 2

New growth is light green 2

bigdaddyg8

bigdaddyg8

how about just magnesium ? are you using LED's? (i would) add epsom salt @1gram per gallon. to up the magnesium .

BigCube

BigCube

I'm noticing light green growth on all my new plants. The odd thing is that they're all in different mediums. I have one in coco soil & I'm only feeding GH nutrients and 2 in different super soil mixes. For the coco & super soil mix #1, I've been feeding it a mix of RO water + dechlorinated tap water (my cities water is very hard). For super soil mix #2, I've been feeding it straight RO water.

Does this new growth look normal, or perhaps is it a CalMag deficiency?

Coco

View attachment 952490

Mix 1

View attachment 952492

Mix 2

View attachment 952491

My last strain of white widow would do that regardless of what you gave it. Sometimes its genetic.

Watch the new growth, as it gets older if it darkens up in a few days, its genetic and you dont need to do anything. If the light green lasts past the new growth stage, then it may be a calmag issue.

The coco is most definitely going to need calmag as a rule.

Good luck man! Hope a few others chime in to give you more options.

visajoe1

visajoe1

that is the color of happy, healthy, new growth. nice job

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
When your plant grows new leaves, they take a little while to fill up with chlorophyll, which is what makes them green. As the new growth gets bigger, it should darken, usually a day or two.

Latest posts

Top Bottom