New guy running Nutrients. Help

• Thread starter Jspayd
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jspayd

Jspayd

Are these auto flowers growing slow? Im about 35 days in and just started running Fox farm grow and bloom about a week ago. Im feeding everyother watering. What do you guys think?

New guy running nutrients help
New guy running nutrients help 2
Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

Yes, those are looking a little small for 35 days. The stems appear pretty thin, which can usually indicate a lack of intense light as well as lack of food in the soil to promote vigorous growth. It could be the genetics as well, but likely as @growsince79 mentions, it could be the low intensity and spectrum of your light.

Jspayd

Jspayd

Yes, those are looking a little small for 35 days. The stems appear pretty thin, which can usually indicate a lack of intense light as well as lack of food in the soil to promote vigorous growth. It could be the genetics as well, but likely as @growsince79 mentions, it could be the low intensity and spectrum of your light.
So i have a 600 watt led about 2 1/2 ft from them...is that not enough?

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

@growsince79 is dead on. Its always good to know what wattage the light is drawing from the wall. On top of that, it's important to know how much of that is actually getting converted to usable light. So if you were in the 100w range at the wall, moving it down would definitely help. Try it at 24" and after 4 days move it another 6" and try that for 4-5 days, then maybe an inch at a time until you find the sweet spot. 16-18" would probably be good, but build up to it in increments.

Porky1982

Porky1982

35 days in they should of started flowering and I can’t see any signs of it. You sure they autos.
As the others have said your light is massively under powered for your space.
Personally I would get it really close like 10 inches and go from there. No way that light has enough power to damage them. Or better yet buy a proper light.

growsince79

growsince79

35 days in they should of started flowering and I can’t see any signs of it. You sure they autos.
Personally I would get it really close like 10 inches and go from there. No way that light has enough power to damage them. Or better yet buy a proper light.
Depends on what kind of blurple chip it is. If its double chip 10w like the one I got, the plants would be dead at 10". 5w chips can be closer.

Jspayd

Jspayd

Def autos there northern lights from Growers choice

Jspayd

Jspayd

Yeah, trash light bro. Chinese internet rip off. You get what you pay for with lights.
Ok well will it work for now if i lower it? And should I turn on the "bloom" setting along with the Veg setting?

Thisbudz32

Thisbudz32

Ok well will it work for now if i lower it? And should I turn on the "bloom" setting along with the Veg setting?
It will work. You just end up with small airy buds. Not the dense dank you might be used to. But yeah, turn them both on. More light the better.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
You can grow just fine with burples, even cheap Chinese knock offs. If you need more intense lighting just lower the fixture. However you do have to take other things into consideration at this point. I doubt those plants are lacking nutrition, especially with the feeding regime you describe and their dark green leaves.

What I see is possibly overwatering and most likely the soil isn’t loose enough to promote root development. Given you are growing auto flowering plants I’d say time is of the essence to get them back on track. Some stats you didn’t divulge are temp and RH. Leaf temp would be ideal. Also how stable are your temps. Do they fluctuate?

Next time I’d add more perlite to the soil mix. I always like to dilute FFOF with some coco coir as well as with perlite so it doesn’t burn your young plants. Then as they grow you can feed them like you have been with bottled nutrients.

What I think has happened here is a combination of a hot soil along with overwatering has stunted their growth. But that’s going based off the little information gleaned from reading the thread.

Jspayd

Jspayd

You can grow just fine with burples, even cheap Chinese knock offs. If you need more intense lighting just lower the fixture. However you do have to take other things into consideration at this point. I doubt those plants are lacking nutrition, especially with the feeding regime you describe and their dark green leaves.

What I see is possibly overwatering and most likely the soil isn’t loose enough to promote root development. Given you are growing auto flowering plants I’d say time is of the essence to get them back on track. Some stats you didn’t divulge are temp and RH. Leaf temp would be ideal. Also how stable are your temps. Do they fluctuate?

Next time I’d add more perlite to the soil mix. I always like to dilute FFOF with some coco coir as well as with perlite so it doesn’t burn your young plants. Then as they grow you can feed them like you have been with bottled nutrients.

What I think has happened here is a combination of a hot soil along with overwatering has stunted their growth. But that’s going based off the little information gleaned from reading the thread.
I really appreciate all the help man. My temp has stayed around 20c. And 50 percent humidity. Ive heard thats good. I've gotten Super Lucky with the closet I'm using for some reason it has stayed at a perfect 20 degrees Celsius and 50% humidity almost 24/7. I also leave my lights on 24/7 is that okay? And I always pH at 6.5 I just lowered my light to 18in do you think that I can still get some good growth and bugs out of these plants?

Dwcmagic

Dwcmagic

What Nut's u using? And how much was that light? Im on a budget unfortunately

The lights were about $175 apiece. Im usimg advanced nutrient oh perfect grow, micro, bloom and advanced nutrients big bud for flower. I only had 1 sf1000 on these 2 super silver haze autos up until about a week ago. This is a homemade dwc hydro setup, works well but wish i had went with a larger reservior.

Top Bottom