New here - Discoloration of seedlings ( Autos) - cause for concern?

• Thread starter digidemi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
digidemi

digidemi

Doing 1 bubblicious and 1 Tonic Ryder CBD Auto, indoors, basic bubble bucket DWC. Using Advanced Nutrients Micro / grow / bloom + Voodoo Juice. 1/8th of recommended for first week ( full dose of the Voodoo Juice because its just beneficial cultures ). Any thoughts on what is going on with the discoloration of leaves? Am I overly concerned or is there an issue going on here? 79F temps, 30% humidity. Both plants have a root system down into the buckets already.

New here   discoloration of seedlings  autos   cause for concern
New here   discoloration of seedlings  autos   cause for concern 2
New here   discoloration of seedlings  autos   cause for concern 3
New here   discoloration of seedlings  autos   cause for concern 4
New here   discoloration of seedlings  autos   cause for concern 5
New here   discoloration of seedlings  autos   cause for concern 6
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Doing 1 bubblicious and 1 Tonic Ryder CBD Auto, indoors, basic bubble bucket DWC. Using Advanced Nutrients Micro / grow / bloom + Voodoo Juice. 1/8th of recommended for first week ( full dose of the Voodoo Juice because its just beneficial cultures ). Any thoughts on what is going on with the discoloration of leaves? Am I overly concerned or is there an issue going on here? 79F temps, 30% humidity. Both plants have a root system down into the buckets already.
30% humidity is waaaay to low you should be 65-70% right now

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So should kill the fan/filter for now?
Seedlings don't need a lot of air exchange Infact they need next to none at this stage. No idea what kind of setup you are using but that may help. Humidity dome that partially open (be careful not to have the humidity to high as this can cause it's own problems), adding a humidifier. Are all options. But at 30% that going to make a lot of stress on the root system and the plant itself

digidemi

digidemi

Gotcha, cut the carbon fan down to low, misted walls and floor. Thanks man! This is my first go, just plan on using above mentioned + big bud and overdrive. I basically input twice the water volume of my setup on advanced nutrients calculator and printed a schedule.

digidemi

digidemi

+ pics of setup are in post: 600w Mars Hydro ECO 98 LED, fairly cheap fan / carbon filter combo, ebay DWC Bubble buckets.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Gotcha, cut the carbon fan down to low, misted walls and floor. Thanks man! This is my first go, just plan on using above mentioned + big bud and overdrive. I basically input twice the water volume of my setup on advanced nutrients calculator and printed a schedule.
That gal will only need about 100-200ppm right now. Are you using tap water? If so you don't need nutes yet

digidemi

digidemi

and correction, input half the water volume of my buckets so i get a schedule for half the typical nutes.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

No, using distilled
No, using distilled
Good cause those nutes are designed for that. Now disregard what I said about ppm cause I just realized these are ph perfect nutes. Sometimes ppl have issues when running very low ppm with these nutes. So if you do just bump up to 1/4 strength.

Don't even try to adjust ph. And you don't want to run anything in addition to ph perfect nutes as far as I know. Even cal mag can piss these nutes off. If your ph goes haywire just do a res change. I have never used these nutes but I have read enough about them. Hopefully someone who uses them can give ya more info.

digidemi

digidemi

Gotcha, I'm following their nute schedule and big bud / overdrive are included as they are advance nutrient products as well. Using the phperfect grow / micro / bloom + their voodoo juice beneficial bac / fungus for root development. Both these little sprouts already have 10" of root from bottom of basket :)

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Gotcha, I'm following their nute schedule and big bud / overdrive are included as they are advance nutrient products as well. Using the phperfect grow / micro / bloom + their voodoo juice beneficial bac / fungus for root development. Both these little sprouts already have 10" of root from bottom of basket :)
Good stuff. If they say they can be used with the ph perfect nutes then should be ok. Just don't try any other additives I have seen so many people try chasing ph and adding cal mag that have all ended badly. Sounds like you sat down and educated yourself. Koodos on that man. It's refreshing

digidemi

digidemi

From what I read, these nutes do nothing to change the ph, they are just chelated so they don't change the PH of your water. I can see where adding cal/mag could drop your PH, or it could "unchelate" the cal / mag in these nutes and dramatically drop PH?

digidemi

digidemi

Thanks for the help man! I'm a developer so I guess I have a habit of researching the shit out of everything. I like to know how things tick.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

From what I read, these nutes do nothing to change the ph, they are just chelated so they don't change the PH of your water. I can see where adding cal/mag could drop your PH, or it could "unchelate" the cal / mag in these nutes and dramatically drop PH?
The ph will change with those nutes idk how exactly they work but bases on nutrient uptake the ph will change on its own. Also ph will affect the form of some nutrients like calcium so I can't explain it but the ph will literally adjust it self. And yeah the chelation is a factor. I never sat down to go through how it all works.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Anyhow off to bed. Sounds like you have your ducks in a row. Just try to get that humidity over 60 and preferably 65-70 for the next 2 weeks then 60-65 should do you until mid flower

digidemi

digidemi

Anyhow off to bed. Sounds like you have your ducks in a row. Just try to get that humidity over 60 and preferably 65-70 for the next 2 weeks then 60-65 should do you until mid flower
Any Idea whats going on here now? Lost the first plant (larger one that was yellowing the most, it just stopped growing so i plucked it a few days ago and dropped a few more seed in it's bucket to start over. The smaller one in original pics took off once i got my humidity levels right. However it's having some brown spotting on the bigger leaves. I took the first set of leaves as they spotted really bad and was worried it was bacteria or fungus. I have a hunch it might be cal deficiency so i rush ordered some advanced nutrients cal-mag.

IMG 20191122 124515
IMG 20191122 124523
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Any Idea whats going on here now? Lost the first plant (larger one that was yellowing the most, it just stopped growing so i plucked it a few days ago and dropped a few more seed in it's bucket to start over. The smaller one in original pics took off once i got my humidity levels right. However it's having some brown spotting on the bigger leaves. I took the first set of leaves as they spotted really bad and was worried it was bacteria or fungus. I have a hunch it might be cal deficiency so i rush ordered some advanced nutrients cal-mag.
Pictures of the roots? What's your humidity now?

scyncegrown

scyncegrown

Like Aqua Man said earlier, careful with that Cal-Mag!
Does look/sound like a nutrient issue not fungal/bacterial root system picture would be helpful

scyncegrown

scyncegrown

Like Aqua Man said earlier, careful with that Cal-Mag!
Does look/sound like a nutrient issue not fungal/bacterial root system picture would be helpful

Latest posts

Top Bottom