New here - Discoloration of seedlings ( Autos) - cause for concern?

• Thread starter digidemi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
digidemi

digidemi

Can't hurt either way, it's not really "messing" with my ph other than bringing it up a little higher but still in the good zone. Added Bonus: more nitrogen and my auto isn't showing any signs of burn, so could kick up the next change a bit in PPM if she will let me 😁

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yea I just mean it was twice as pronounced yesterday, added cal-mag, and most of it went away and a nice growth spurt, plant is more perky than droopy. It's either a cal/mag deficiency, or the PH increase closer to 6 from cal mag fixed whatever the issue was. I did notice these nutes are pretty acidic. took my PH down to 5.4 or 5.5.
The damage will not go away. that's what i was getting at that it appears to be old damage.

digidemi

digidemi

Gotcha, I trimmed off almost all of the old damage previously. I'll up nutes a little more next change and leave out cal mag again and see how it goes.

digidemi

digidemi

Do you think that is old light burn? I did put my lights pretty low when i started until I saw that LEDs need to stay far back.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Do you think that is old light burn? I did put my lights pretty low when i started until I saw that LEDs need to stay far back.
looks like an old nutrient or PH issue. I would stick to just the nutes since your using PH perfect. I would assume the old damage is from adding cal/mag and PH adjusting. I have seen several people with the similar issues using them. Its a hard concept to get but they need to just be left alone. They also should be used with RO water

digidemi

digidemi

I didn't cal mag or ph adjust until the damage was pronounced. Although I did run a tiny dose of nutes the first 2 weeks to play it safe since they are autos

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I didn't cal mag or ph adjust until the damage was pronounced. Although I did run a tiny dose of nutes the first 2 weeks to play it safe since they are autos
yeah that may have been it. These nutes from my under standing should be run as directed but I wouldn't change anything until someone who uses em confirms that. They are looking much better

digidemi

digidemi

yeah that may have been it. These nutes from my under standing should be run as directed but I wouldn't change anything until someone who uses em confirms that. They are looking much better
She's going hard man.. Rigorous LST and I'm counting 18 flowering Colas!

IMG 20191213 153803
IMG 20191213 153840
IMG 20191213 153901
IMG 20191213 153933
IMG 20191213 154036
Top Bottom