new here..would love advice on 1st indoor grow..pics & specifics in post

• Thread starter Winnies.buds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Winnies.buds

Winnies.buds

I don't know how to measure leaf temp.. What do you use?

I raised the lights this week. I thought that might be the cause.?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

A Laser No-touch thermometer. I know the local Walmart or drug store will have them. Or you can order them online.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Leaf temps should never go higher than 80 if possible. Mid 70's is best during lights on.
In the lights off part, they can go down to 59-60.

C

CryptoKnight

Hey
Howdy, name's Matt. glad to be amongst fellow dude & dudette growers and thank yawl in advance for your feedback~

started my 1st indoor grow last month & need some guidance/suggestions

pics are today at 4 weeks

autoflower bruce banner

3 gal fabric pots

6 pots, 3 of which are twins (2 plants) which is just an experiment to see yield per sq. ft. grow space

miracle grow potting mix since seedlings

2 single led 24w bulbs since germination

added 1000w led w/ dimmer 2 weeks ago. 1st week I had light distance about 12-16 in and full on (think i got light burn) so this past week I raised light to 26-30 in and dimmed to 80%

watering with well water which is hard to saturation (3-4 cups) every 3-4 days (trying to let grow medium to dry out)

So i'm looking for feedback & am questioning;
1. if there are any nutrients left in grow media & concerned i may be slowly starving them
2. how to measure nutrients and what tools you like to measure
3. if i'm over or under watering them
4. lighting recommendations (distance & percentage of 1000w)

Thanks guys & gals~
Matt
Howdy, name's Matt. glad to be amongst fellow dude & dudette growers and thank yawl in advance for your feedback~

started my 1st indoor grow last month & need some guidance/suggestions

pics are today at 4 weeks

autoflower bruce banner

3 gal fabric pots

6 pots, 3 of which are twins (2 plants) which is just an experiment to see yield per sq. ft. grow space

miracle grow potting mix since seedlings

2 single led 24w bulbs since germination

added 1000w led w/ dimmer 2 weeks ago. 1st week I had light distance about 12-16 in and full on (think i got light burn) so this past week I raised light to 26-30 in and dimmed to 80%

watering with well water which is hard to saturation (3-4 cups) every 3-4 days (trying to let grow medium to dry out)

So i'm looking for feedback & am questioning;
1. if there are any nutrients left in grow media & concerned i may be slowly starving them
2. how to measure nutrients and what tools you like to measure
3. if i'm over or under watering them
4. lighting recommendations (distance & percentage of 1000w)

Thanks guys & gals~
Hi Matt, I'm also growing Bruce Banner myself however not autoflower. BB is a vigorous growing plant and mine atleast grew quite tall/large vigorously. I daily water however or every other day atleast. Making sure top 1" of soil is dry before watering.

Soil, yeah bro as others have already said don't use the miracle grow potting soil it's designed more for flowering plants not the Marijuana kind and hard to control your microorganisms and nuts levels. I'd honestly replant into a Fox Farms Monkey or Ocean Soil if you can.

Hard to tell but looks like you might be getting a calcium deficiency as well, try adding about 5ml/gal of Cal-mag to your watering see if yellow spots correct. Also some browing on the edges of leaves looking like possible nutrient burn, very slight so could also just be low calcium/magnesium/boron levels causing nutes to get trapped in lower leaves. I'd definitely start slowing applying a good Cal-Mag supplement to see if it corrects and better growth.

Per your light, is that a Phlizon LED..? Definitely right on the 80% setting 👌 bump too 100% 2nd week of flowering. Although when you have the ability I'd recommend highly upgrading to a HLG RSPEC or SCYNCE LED. I'm here to tell you that you'll notice a huge improvement in growth, honestly quite dramatic. Then utilize your other light as a supplemental side light if you have the room and ventilation for extra lighting. Or even a Spider Farms or Mars LED would be better. I'm using HLGs though and they are absolutely phenomenal, but a bit pricey.

But biggest thing I'd recommend is getting reported into an appropriate soil and getting a good nutrient regime and PH balancing. That Miracle Grow is going to really become a hindrance in flowering stage and your yield will be light and sparse as well as taste will be compromised by the soil due to you'll need to flush it and not the easiest to do in Miracle Grow due to compounds.