New here

• Thread starter Dadd
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dadd

Yes, I do grow indoors, and the occasional outdoor plant, but I perfer to control the environment. Those in the photo were grown indoors I just took the photo outside because natural light I believe takes a better picture. And no on the hydroponics. I've been growing dor a good couple years and learned alot throughout that time, reading alot of books and checking other people's stuff out on internet, I've just never did a forum and think I'd be nice to talk to other people about my passion.

G

grapeape1972

Yes, I do grow indoors, and the occasional outdoor plant, but I perfer to control the environment. Those in the photo were grown indoors I just took the photo outside because natural light I believe takes a better picture. And no on the hydroponics. I've been growing dor a good couple years and learned alot throughout that time, reading alot of books and checking other people's stuff out on internet, I've just never did a forum and think I'd be nice to talk to other people about my passion.
I can't get anything near that, only been growing 2 years learning as I go. There has been some deaths, some Jane's turned to John's and a couple shorties I had to take out.. started with kratky they flowered but the buds were small and airy. I had about 5 that didn't suck. So any ideas on how to get them to harvest is greatly appreciated...

D

Dadd

I can't get anything near that, only been growing 2 years learning as I go. There has been some deaths, some Jane's turned to John's and a couple shorties I had to take out.. started with kratky they flowered but the buds were small and airy. I had about 5 that didn't suck. So any ideas on how to get them to harvest is greatly appreciated...
I'll start out by saying that I just learned somthing new, "kratky" I have to say I've never heard of it but just read up about it. So my question is, are ypu using clones, photos, or autos? Also what type of lights and system are you working with, and lastly how big are your pots??

G

grapeape1972

I'll start out by saying that I just learned somthing new, "kratky" I have to say I've never heard of it but just read up about it. So my question is, are ypu using clones, photos, or autos? Also what type of lights and system are you working with, and lastly how big are your pots??
I have 5 clones 2 are Galato auto other 3 are Apple Betty, 1 scroged clone from a bag seed, 1 Galato auto mother, I didn't know about cloning autos. 1 Grandmomma purple seedling, 1 Gorilla Glue auto, and 1 Godzilla Cookies auto. 3 seedling is in 1 gallon buckets the rest are 5 gallon buckets..I have 2 100w Gecon led lights, 1 100w Growspect led, 2 650w leds not sure actual watts. Growing in closet 2×2 at each end title 4×4×6, 1 air pump, as for nutrients I use masterblend, I have Grow, Micro, and Bloom from Advanced Nutrients, also have TPS Bloom, Garden Friendly Fungicide, Big Bud, Overdrive, & Flourish +, PH Up & PH down, regular tap water ph to 5.5-6.4. 1 fan at each end. That's it just a cheap setup but I have grown some killer smoke but small buds if they don't die in flower, that's were everything goes to crap...

D

Dadd

I have 5 clones 2 are Galato auto other 3 are Apple Betty, 1 scroged clone from a bag seed, 1 Galato auto mother, I didn't know about cloning autos. 1 Grandmomma purple seedling, 1 Gorilla Glue auto, and 1 Godzilla Cookies auto. 3 seedling is in 1 gallon buckets the rest are 5 gallon buckets..I have 2 100w Gecon led lights, 1 100w Growspect led, 2 650w leds not sure actual watts. Growing in closet 2×2 at each end title 4×4×6, 1 air pump, as for nutrients I use masterblend, I have Grow, Micro, and Bloom from Advanced Nutrients, also have TPS Bloom, Garden Friendly Fungicide, Big Bud, Overdrive, & Flourish +, PH Up & PH down, regular tap water ph to 5.5-6.4. 1 fan at each end. That's it just a cheap setup but I have grown some killer smoke but small buds if they don't die in flower, that's were everything goes to crap...
I'll start out by saying, wow you have alot going on at once, from my experience less is better especially from the size of your tent, personally I've played with cloning autos just for fun but never expected anything from it. Autos have a set life span no matter what, they will never reach there potential by cloning they will be very small and so will the buds, also you said ypur seedling were in 1 gal pots and if there autos that means your planning on transplanting them at some point I'd assume and that's a big no no, I used to do that myself and that shocks them and they don't grow to there potential at all, autos need to be from seed in my opinion at least a 5 gal pot and never transplant, this will ensure they never stunt and will produce great buds, now depending on the type of strain they can be a bit tricky when it comes to tge flowering stage and you have to go very light on feeding and see what they can handle, some want a fare amount and some want barely any at all but start say a quarter of the recommended dose and slowly inch your way up from there, the plant itself will show you when it needs some nutrients, this is a photo of my last two I just harvested two weeks ago and these two plants alone took up half of my 4x4 tent they are mazar auto, and big devil auto, but I can only give best advice from my standpoint and I use a soil medium and it's much simpler I belive

20230809 122629
20230809 122557
G

grapeape1972

Ok gotcha on the auto clones, I wanted to see what would happen, a little research. As for the autos the Galato is my first one to grow..I had no clue on transplanting autos so that really helps..The most I've gotten from a plant so far is about 3oz's nothing to be proud of but I'm trying.

D

Dadd

Ok gotcha on the auto clones, I wanted to see what would happen, a little research. As for the autos the Galato is my first one to grow..I had no clue on transplanting autos so that really helps..The most I've gotten from a plant so far is about 3oz's nothing to be proud of but I'm trying.
3 ozs sounds good to me, I hope I was able to help and yes Trans planting is a big thing with autos unless you start your seedling in a coconut coir starter pot, if you use this you can directly put the pot into another that you have set up and the roots will just grow through it into new bigger pot and you won't have to worry about transplant shock

G

grapeape1972

3 ozs sounds good to me, I hope I was able to help and yes Trans planting is a big thing with autos unless you start your seedling in a coconut coir starter pot, if you use this you can directly put the pot into another that you have set up and the roots will just grow through it into new bigger pot and you won't have to worry about transplant shock
Thanks never thought of that, the buds on the 2 galato clones look deformed..Harvested the mother Galato she drying now..Besides light burn what would make a plant look like it's dried out and dead???

G

grapeape1972

Thanks never thought of that, the buds on the 2 galato clones look deformed..Harvested the mother Galato she drying now..Besides light burn what would make a plant look like it's dried out and dead???

G

grapeape1972

If 3 oz"s is good after 8 months of sweat, worry and money I'm done. When you buy seeds, nutes, fans, lights, and a ballooned electric bill for 3oz's I'm better off just quitting..Who spends all that time and money for 3oz's ,that's just stupid that's like paying 300 a quarter.. Time to find new hobby..

D

Dadd

That's never the way I'd go about it, this isn't a hobby that you can expect to work exactly the way you want it. After some trials I'd hope that you'd take the time to evaluate the situation and want to get better, I feel you just might not have that want, you need that, and patients to do this!

Z

Zill

Grape,

Without knowing your location and laws, grow outside. I am always impressed with folks that take on indoor cultivation. It’s tough. Many, many variables you have to deal with. I’ve done it all with loads of personal experience and experience surrounding me. It’s a job to manage all that.

Go onto Craigslist. Tons of grow equipment sold.

I’m in NY. Dispensaries all around me. I totally agree with you. It’s nice to say I grew the yeast, wheat and used my well water to make my delicious flakey baguette bread. But I think I’d rather simply buy a 1/2 oz now and again and save $300+ on higher electric bills.

Zill.

Top Bottom