*NEW INFESTATION* PLZ HELP ME DIAGNOSE

• Thread starter Deebs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Deebs

Deebs

Last week, I moved my ladies from the safety of my home, down into my unfinished basement. I sprayed the entire basement with pesticide and poison before the move. The plants are, well were doing great untill I came home from work this afternoon and I noticed that one plant in particular has tiny white dots all over the top of the leaves. I have looked them over thoroughly and I have not yet discovered anything underneath the leaf. In the beginning of their lives I had my run with fungus gnats but swiftly and effectively ridded myself of those. Hopefully one of you gurus out there will see this read this and tell me that I have some sort of effed up Mite infestation. Please somebody help me diagnosis and then please tell me what I've got to do to get rid of them. Thank you so much 🌱🌱😎

New infestation plz help me diagnose
New infestation plz help me diagnose 2
New infestation plz help me diagnose 3
New infestation plz help me diagnose 4
New infestation plz help me diagnose 5
New infestation plz help me diagnose 6

Deebs

Deebs

Last week, I moved my ladies from the safety of my home, down into my unfinished basement. I sprayed the entire basement with pesticide and poison before the move. The plants are, well were doing great untill I came home from work this afternoon and I noticed that one plant in particular has tiny white dots all over the top of the leaves. I have looked them over thoroughly and I have not yet discovered anything underneath the leaf. In the beginning of their lives I had my run with fungus gnats but swiftly and effectively ridded myself of those. Hopefully one of you gurus out there will see this read this and tell me that I have some sort of effed up Mite infestation. Please somebody help me diagnosis and then please tell me what I've got to do to get rid of them. Thank you so much 🌱🌱😎

View attachment 1011093View attachment 1011094View attachment 1011095View attachment 1011096View attachment 1011097View attachment 1011098
😟i know help meeeee

Deebs

Deebs

Spider mite, spider mite, does whatever a spider might, spins a web, makes it tight, kills your buds in the morning light, look out, you've got spider mites.
Lol i love the reply😀. So you say spider mites ehh? Well what would you recommend the best course of action?

Sennsimilla

Sennsimilla

Lol i love the reply😀. So you say spider mites ehh? Well what would you recommend the best course of action?
lol I think they're right about spider mites, I just finished killing off some myself. I used Neem oil on the leaves and diatemaceous earth on the soil to kill the larvae as a long term fix. I hope it helps!

Deebs

Deebs

lol I think they're right about spider mites, I just finished killing off some myself. I used Neem oil on the leaves and diatemaceous earth on the soil to kill the larvae as a long term fix. I hope it helps!
Thank you 😀 i have the diatemaceous already. I used it wheni had the fungus gnats. And i was just reading up on neem oil

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I'd go heavy with sulphur, both wettable and vaporized personally. If that failed I'd wash them down thoroughly to remove all the sulphur then hit them with a rosemary, peppermint and garlic oil spray.

cottageman

cottageman

Don’t use sulfur and oils close together it can burn your plant. Just finished battling them and spraying with something like plant therapy every 3 days exactly for a week or two should easily kill them. I did something similar to that and then released beneficial bugs on my plants for a complete kill. Try not to use Neem if your in flower as well

P

PurSaveer

That's not spider mites, it's thrips. Thrips are teeny tiny little things shaped like an elongated grain of rice. They lay right up against the veins on the undersides of the leaves, to 'hide'. They move very quickly, and are hard to actually spot. Spider mites are slow-moving, and much easier to spot. If you see damage like you have and no mites- you don't have mites.

I use abamectin, also called Avid. I imagine medical growers might cringe at that? I use it at twice the recommended strength for thrips. They can be eliminated in one application with this product. I've practically bathed in it over the years with no ill effects. It's toxic to dogs. It can be ordered online. It also works better for spider mites than anything I've ever tried. It works so well, resistance is not an issue. One bottle last for years if you don't keep bringing in new pests ;)

P

PurSaveer

Dirtbag, if there's no mites, it's not mites. They don't run, they sashay ;) I already had the Avid, and it said it works for thrips. I used the tool I had in my belt. I've had to use it (in veg) maybe 10 times over the decades. It's thrips, I'd bet your life on it :)

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Anytime I've had thrips they leave what looks like miniature slug trails. I'm not seeing that at all in the OPs pics. I'm not saying it's not thrips, it could be, but it doesnt look like it to me.

P

PurSaveer

Dirtbag, you know what, I might be out to lunch. I got my glasses and looked real close. In the fifth photo, I think I actually see a couple of mites on the leaf, hanging out on the north side of the middle vein. My mite damage never looked 'chunky' like that, it always looked more powdery. I'll shut up now.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Dirtbag, you know what, I might be out to lunch. I got my glasses and looked real close. In the fifth photo, I think I actually see a couple of mites on the leaf, hanging out on the north side of the middle vein. My mite damage never looked 'chunky' like that, it always looked more powdery. I'll shut up now.

You've got a fucking good eye I'll give you that. That is 2 two spotted spider mites sitting right there. 100%

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I have found my doner for eyeballs. When do we start sir?

Latest posts

Top Bottom