New Kid in Town

• Thread starter Neo Zen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Neo Zen

Neo Zen

Howdy Gang,

I am very new grower. I helped some guys harvest last week and they kicked me down some buds and gave me one Pineapple Express and a Blue Dream to take home and do my first grow. They are currently in my bathroom under a florescent bulb on a timer at 18/6 and I am hoping they will revegitate (cross your fingers). I have been lurking around here for a few weeks and have gained some valuable knowledge from many of the members so today I decided to jump in and join. I use to smoke a lot in my youth, but I don't smoke anymore (I got some crazy panic attacks last two time I smoked 10 + years ago) but I strongly support the legalization of cannabis. My cup is empty and I am here to share, learn, and contribute in any way possible. Thanks for having such an awesome forum filled with a great community of people.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

welcome. for re-vegging, you might want to ditch the timer and leave them on 24hr light til you're ready to flip again.

clones from flowering plants can be quite vigorous, just might need some extra time before they get their hormones re-aligned. best of luck.

Neo Zen

Neo Zen

Will do. Thanks EC. By flipping you mean going back to 18/6 after I know for sure they have gone back into a veg state? What happens to the little buds that are flowering? I am guessing they are going to become stems yes?

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
Will do. Thanks EC. By flipping you mean going back to 18/6 after I know for sure they have gone back into a veg state? What happens to the little buds that are flowering? I am guessing they are going to become stems yes?

when they reveg those lil buds will have several branches shoot out dnt freak out if they look hella funny with single blade leaves and shit its just what they do and i would recommend vegging 24/7 and not 18/6 unless you have issues with the electric bill 24/7 vegg is superior to 18/6 as far as growth i never use 18/6 but thats just me imop 18/6 should only be used if your gonna put them out doors because they will start flowering on spot if u use 24hrs vegg and then go out side 18/6 is old school imop but thats just me.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

You could go back to 18/6, but they might start flowering again faster than you want, and the back/forth stress isn't good (super-stall). Some varieties are more sensitive to this anyway, and there are sativa-leaners which will want to pre-flower on that schedule. For flowering cuts I've re-vegged, I just keep them on 24hr until flipping to 12/12 (usually with a week of progressive transition, esp since they've already been through some stress).

Carefully pick off the buds and things will go faster, also once they show some new growth enough to sustain, prune the old fans and eventually any weird new leaves that grow incomplete. Just be patient and don't rush it, the new starts need some leaf to breathe so don't pick them down to the stems. Use some dipNgrow or other cloning solution with IBA/NAA (search here, some good thread on the subject). I bet you'll be blown away with how fast they root, even though might not look like much going on above the surface.

Neo Zen

Neo Zen

Thanks for the help guys. Naw they're just under a florescent desk lamp so 24/7 won't really affect my electric bill. I have an experienced grower who has offered to help me but I don't want to be calling him all the time and bugging him so I'll seek his advice if I can't find what I need on this site. I moved the Pineapple Express (currently 7" tall) into a larger pot because the Blue Dream (currently 9" tall) was in a bigger pot and is kicking the PE's ass in growth so I figured the PE needed more room to grow. I'll probably ask my friend to come over and help me with cloning so I don't screw it up. Like I said, I have no really hands on experience. I have just been reading a few hours everyday, watching videos, etc. I will be scouring all the threads on this site for my education.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

oh so these are actually mature plants rather than just cuts. You might want to search for better advice on that, probably more tips that I don't know. Comments above still apply though.

Is your goal to establish some mother plants to take future cuttings? If not, curious why not just flower these out vs trying to re-veg first? For the effort involved it could be faster/easier to go with some fresh vegetative cuttings or even seeds, but of course nothing wrong with re-vegging these either if you're trying to save keep the genetics. Veg room is always a much calmer place to experiment and learn too, sounds like a good project.

Neo Zen

Neo Zen

Sorry I didn't mention earlier that these plants were 7-9" tall. Honestly I don't even know what constitutes a mature plant. I have never grown anything in my life and don't really know what I'm doing. I'm kinda learning as I go. The guy who gave them to me had a bunch sitting outdoors and he had to move so he gave me one of each to try and grow. My initial goal was to do a closet grow and see how much I can yield off of each plant. That is still my goal but I also want to attempt to grow a few clones off each of these because the mother of these plants looked great and I think preserving the genetics is a good idea.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Yeah, and
what constitutes a mature plant.
I probably should've used a better word there. In actuality, any 'clones' you take are the same age/maturity as the mother, in fact the are the same plant. Maturity is really more something to consider with seeds, and refers to the hormone development prior to being ready to flower (reproduce). So your plants are already mature, as will be the cuttings whenever you take new ones, so those cuttings won't need any extra time to mature the way a new seedling would (short of letting them veg to the size of your preference).

You'll find a lot of good info as you read the relevant threads here. For cloning, one started by Desertsquirrel comes to mind (numerous other techniques too though). Lots of people don't realize just how advanced the search function here is, so you can really dig down for specific info you want without having to read for months like most of us tend to do anyway :cool:

Top Bottom