New Member 1st Hydro Grow Pics Clone to Current

• Thread starter Mindbender
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mindbender

Hello Everyone!

Please allow me to introduce my self, im a newby and this might be lame.. ha ha. 7 weeks ago I started my very 1st Hydro Drip grow. Thought I would share some of my pics. Growing my own medicine is rewarding.

Please let me know what you think.

600 watt lumatek, 5x5 tent, 3 part GH formula.

8/04 aquired Purple Kush clones and began. Do not know very much about curing and drying. Your comments would be appreciated.

Thx in advance.

New member 1st hydro grow pics clone to current
Infant pics 005jpg
New member 1st hydro grow pics clone to current 3
New member 1st hydro grow pics clone to current 4
New member 1st hydro grow pics clone to current 5
New member 1st hydro grow pics clone to current 6
darksideX

darksideX

welcome to the farm Mindbender..enjoi ur stay! :hi:

..ur setup looks nice and clean..lookin' forward to see more of ur work :)

R

Rolln J

welcome to the farm Mindbender..enjoi ur stay! :hi:

..ur setup looks nice and clean..lookin' forward to see more of ur work :)

welcome MB - Im looking forward to smoking some of your work!

R

revolutionseeds

Premium Member
Supporter
Looks like shit. Totally kidding man, everything looks great, you seem to be on the right track. When it comes to drying and curing, this is what I do. I dry my herb, the whole plant partially untrimmed, upside down on string, ideally in a cool (60-70F) dark place, with fans on but not blowing directly on the plants. The longer it takes, up to 14 days, the better. Then I use 20 gal tubs and cut only the buds, untrimmed, into the tubs and put the lid on. Sometimes, I trim immediately, however this allows for the buds to cure, up to 30 days, while I'm trimming other tubs or on vacation, you get the idea. Then the buds, trimmed, go into GLASS jars. Why 20 gallon tubs? Well, that's a great question and I would love to answer it. Tubs larger then 20 gallons hold too much bud, and the weight of the buds, over time, will crush the buds on the bottom of the tub. Over 20 gallons and the bottom shit is going to get pancaked. Hope this helps, ya. peace

M

Mindbender

Revolution Seeds,

Thx for the advice about curing. I think I have about 3-4 weeks left. I have to figure when the tricomes will start turning amber so I can do my final flush and then go with 5.8pm water until the finish.

Also need to thank those who have replied with the great welcome. I very much appreciate the good will.:winking0067:

Thanks again to all u folks out there in Medi Cali yea!!

R

revolutionseeds

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah, it's called the microwave, and I don't recommend it. Do yourself and your plants justice take the time 10-14 days of drying. The worst thing you can do is dry buds out fast.

R

redroot

nice grow setup. looking cool. bet they smelling sweet. respect

N

nomistheboss

Hi Mindbender and all other growers on here

Nice grow dude, looking sweet, really cool set up, I'll pop back from time to time and watch how your going, was nice to hear your growing your own medicine, fair play, hope it works out good, if you get a min, check my first grow out and leave us a reply, heres the link dudes

or search for it in grow diarys

16 Pod Hydropod/DWC Cheese Grow

T

TheMiracle

what wattage lamp is running all those plants? i see just one light 2 16 plants will you add more light when flowering or will that one lamp do? im about to order a HPS but i need to learn alot more.. thx!

M

Mindbender

Miracle,

My light is a 600 watt. Lumatek Ballast. It's giving me enough light however I will do a couple things different next time. These are: Better trim on the under-canopy, also will spread the girls farther apart with initial flower. I have the 4x4 rockwool cubes on top of rockwool slabs that I cut into fours. There is about 6 inches empty space all around the 4x4 tray I am using. Next time I will move the blocks all the way to the edges. I've heard guys on the forum say your doing awesome when a grower can get 1 gram per watt. Once I harvest I will determind weight of harvest and change things up accordingly if need be. Might go with a 1000 watt? I really like the Halo drip system. It gives a great coverage of nukes when watering.

M

Mindbender

Update Sept 21st

I just flushed and changed resivoir. Add GH Kool Bloom powder to the mix. PPM's @ 1160. The girls hairs are starting to turn red. Check the pics - comments welcome!

100 0458
100 0459
100 0457
100 0455
100 0454
stickyicky

stickyicky

Damn nice work for a newbie. Bet you can't wait to smoke your own stuff.

Welcome to the farm!!. You'll like it over here.

M

Mindbender

Update Sept 30th 45 Days Flowering

I've added some pics. Yes, so far so good. Hope I do not screw it up in the next weeks or when I cure.

What do you think the dry yield will be? Purple Kush. :rock

Sept 30th 2009 001
Sept 30th 2009 002
Sept 30th 2009 003
Sept 30th 2009 004
Sept 30th 2009 005
Sept 30th 2009 006
R

Rolln J

bro they look good - you should pack on a lot of weight in the next 2 weeks!

you been checking crystals yet for milkiness? hope you gave em one more shot of kool bloom like we talked about.

M

Mindbender

bro they look good - you should pack on a lot of weight in the next 2 weeks!

you been checking crystals yet for milkiness? hope you gave em one more shot of kool bloom like we talked about.

I have checked crystals, they are still all clear. No milky, no amber. I did give them another round of Kool Bloom and added the molasses.

I suspect another 12 days of feeding, do a flush, and then just PH water for 12-14 days. Should put me around 65-70 days total.

L

LEBDOG

When you dry the plants, you may be able to cut a day or 2 off the time by not watering the plants at all the last 3-5 days of the flush before cutting them down.

I hang the plants upside down for about 7 days (a little less depending on if I cut water or not). I run a dehumidifier in the room during the hanging (I think this helps absorb ambient humidity - trays - reservoir). I check stems from about day 5 on, and from the point you can snap a stem (on the last holdout moist plant), I put the plants in air tight glass jars to cure. Every 8-12 hours I open the glass jar to allow air to get in (so the buds don't mold). I like to simply exchange the buds from 1 glass jar to another. After about 10-14 days of this, I call the buds cured for my tastes.

I have a snobbier friend than me and he cures for 30 days minimum. He also has a lot more going (multiple grows on rotation) on than me allowing him to do this. I have a less snobby, more entrepreneurial friend who packs the plants in large (no air tight) sealed clothing boxes (5' tall, 3' wide and 1' deep) to cure and basically calls them dry after the hang (he hangs 7-14 days until stem snap). The clothing boxes allow the plants to breath without needing to, "Burp" them.

I am sure there are better ways to do this, this is just what myself and a few others I know do for your assistance. Good luck!

For a first grow your stuff is on!

This may be the best first hydro grow I have seen!

There is another THCF 1st time grower using hydro right now, but at 8K and with such a clean setup; I am interested to see his results.

Latest posts

Top Bottom