New member not new to growing

• Thread starter FlatheadFisherman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FlatheadFisherman

FlatheadFisherman

Hey all. Here to learn more about indoor gardening, been growing outdoors for a few years. Grew indoors about 25 years ago, but much has changed since then. Just getting all the necessary components together to get going indoors. Being that it’s legal here now it’s a bit easier doing research on the interwebz. I’m using a 2 by 4 as my veg tent and a 5 by 5 for flower. I spent about a month researching lights and finally pulled the trigger on a Mammoth light for the big tent and a Spider Farmer light for the small tent. I’m using a homemade aero system that I used back in the day. Got it all setup last night. A few tweaks still have to be made while I wait for the lights. I’ll be growing OG Kush and some Sour Diesel plants a buddy gave me. Also popping some Cereal Milk and Grape Stomp seeds I came across. Looking forward to getting to know and learn from anyone willing to offer an old dog some tips!
New member not new to growing

New member not new to growing 2
FlatheadFisherman

FlatheadFisherman

Well I have most everything I ordered except the most important element, the light. Did get a Spider Farmer veg light that I’m using until the Mammoth shows up. Kinda getting the run around on that thing. I’m not sure the plants I had originally planned on growing are gonna make it though. I’m too embarrassed to even post pics lol. I moved them into the pots and am gonna give them a week.

Popped 4 seeds also. 2 Grape Stomp, an Amsterdam mystery seed a buddy gave me, and 1 Cereal Milk. They were gonna be my outdoor plants but may replace the other 4. Really hope they bounce back but we shall see.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
hey absolutely no reason to be embarrassed, quite the opposite if anything you’ll get a ton of help and probably make some friends along the way..
we all failed in some way and still do in some ways haha..
pictures help with us in determining what went wrong..
let’s see what you got going on..

FlatheadFisherman

FlatheadFisherman

hey absolutely no reason to be embarrassed, quite the opposite if anything you’ll get a ton of help and probably make some friends along the way..
we all failed in some way and still do in some ways haha..
pictures help with us in determining what went wrong..
let’s see what you got going on..
Thanks man

FlatheadFisherman

FlatheadFisherman

Go easy on the lights. Hows the toots lookin brother?
I just transplanted last night. They were in dirt and they seemed fine when I shook the dirt off to make the move into the pots. I have noticed they did turn towards the light since I had them sideways in the pots prior. I’ve done everything in my power to kill these poor things with crappy lighting.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I just transplanted last night. They were in dirt and they seemed fine when I shook the dirt off to make the move into the pots. I have noticed they did turn towards the light since I had them sideways in the pots prior. I’ve done everything in my power to kill these poor things with crappy lighting.
Ok transplanting from dirt to hydro is going to cause them to freak out and have a tough transition.
i suggest starting them in rapid rooters, peat pellets or Rockwool. All of which the smaller the better

FlatheadFisherman

FlatheadFisherman

Ok transplanting from dirt to hydro is going to cause them to freak out and have a tough transition.
i suggest starting them in rapid rooters, peat pellets or Rockwool. All of which the smaller the better
Used to do exactly that but these were given to me by a buddy that grows in dirt. I will keep you updated on how they are doing. Should I just pull the light further away from them?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Used to do exactly that but these were given to me by a buddy that grows in dirt. I will keep you updated on how they are doing. Should I just pull the light further away from them?
Yeah i would put it at the too of the tent for now… just be prepared for a bit of a rough start is all. Its nothing your doing so dont go crazy trying to fix things. They just gonna likely start rough because the root structures are quite different between soil and water and it will take time to adjust.

if they are bare root too feed them a couole times a day or as you can. If there is soil in there once every couple days will be plenty.

you have airstones in there?

Top Bottom