New reality show "Kop Busters" gets the footage for their pilot

• Thread starter Cali smoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cali smoke

Cali smoke

Source:

Like Mark Draughn, I've been somewhat skeptical of Barry Cooper, the former drug cop turned pitchman for how-to-beat-the-cops videos. He comes off as more of a huckster than a principled whistle-blower, which I think does the good ideas he stands for (police reform) more harm than good.

But damn. I have to hand it to him. This might be one of the ballsiest moves I've ever seen.

KopBusters rented a house in Odessa, Texas and began growing two small Christmas trees under a grow light similar to those used for growing marijuana. When faced with a suspected marijuana grow, the police usually use illegal FLIR cameras and/or lie on the search warrant affidavit claiming they have probable cause to raid the house. Instead of conducting a proper investigation which usually leads to no probable cause, the Kops lie on the affidavit claiming a confidential informant saw the plants and/or the police could smell marijuana coming from the suspected house.

The trap was set and less than 24 hours later, the Odessa narcotics unit raided the house only to find KopBuster’s attorney waiting under a system of complex gadgetry and spy cameras that streamed online to the KopBuster’s secret mobile office nearby.

To clarify just a bit, according to Cooper, there was nothing illegal going on the bait house, just two evergreen trees and some grow lamps. There was no probable cause. So a couple of questions come up. First, how did the cops get turned on to the house in the first place? Cooper suspects they were using thermal imaging equipment to detect the grow lamps, a practice the Supreme Court has said is illegal. The second question is, what probable cause did the police put on the affidavit to get a judge to sign off on a search warrant? If there was nothing illegal going on in the house, it's difficult to conceive of a scenario where either the police or one of their informants didn't lie to get a warrant.

Cooper chose the Odessa police department for baiting because he believes police there instructed an informant to plant marijuana on a woman named Yolanda Madden. She's currently serving an eight-year sentence for possession with intent to distribute. According to Cooper, the informant actually admitted in federal court that he planted the marijuana. Madden was convicted anyway.

The story's worth watching, not only to see if the cops themselves are held accountable for this, but whether the local district attorney tries to come up with a crime with which to charge Cooper and his assistants. I can't imagine such a charge would get very far, but I wouldn't be surprised to see someone try.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3Fu4YVH8nA[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHmP_KtmcB4[/YOUTUBE]

D

Donk Frog

Right on.......the war to expose the shitty truth about cops has begun:muscle:party
Way to go cop busters

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Thats just great!!!

But I can see people getting done with wasting police time. As this has been clearly done to dupe the police and waste their time. I am all up for it tho!

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Funliy there website is down due to high demand. LOL.

I reckon this show could do better than big brother if put on a major network and shown every night at 6. LOL

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Barry Cooper is one crazy Texan...he actually has another video on how to hide drugs in your car when transporting...he is a former DEA task force guy and knows all the dirty tricks.

He's goin to get arrested and charged with obstruction of justice, you just watch or if he keeps it up in Texas, he will get a "friendly" visit from law enforcement and this will all be over...hell, he may just dissappear..not uncommon in the south.

Tex

E

El Barto

There seems to be a missing piece to this story. How did the cops know to bust the house? Did someone on Cooper's team tip them off?

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Exactly what I have been thinking El Barto.

If they worked so hard to get all recording / surveillance euipment in with out people noticing, and with in 24 hours of the trees going in, the door gets popped.

Whilst its a great watch, they blatently tipped the fuzz off to the op, so as to waste their time.

I have to agree wit TK on this one. He will go walkies, never to be seen again.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
One thing I know about Texas cops is they don't like being made fools of, or looked at wrong, or questioned, or screwed or cars egged, or prank calls, you really don't want to mess with them in any way..

Tex

A

adam

i cant see any legit charges against him or the production crew. only way they can stick him on that is if he released or had someone purposely give the false info that led to the search warrant. i aint from the south so i have no idea about missing people.could happen but he aint no civilian he can probaly take care of himself.also remember he knows alot of the tricks that they deploy. most likely lawyered up pretty good to.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Civilains can't sting cops, no matter how noble the intention and definately not without cooperation from a federal agency....

Obstruction of justice for sure and they have already filed charges against all of them from what I understand, him, the production company, the crew, I bet all are in the line of fire..

We may think this is good and exposes the cops but trust me, this will not be well recieved by the masses and especially the law enforcement community. It will be business as usual after all, even with the prospect of gettin duped.

Now if Barry Cooper stayed in the house and was like sittin there watchin TV when they busted in to sieze his christmas tree, now that would be funny as shit to see and then the beat down on barry that would follow...Cops Gone Wild styley

Tex

S

sweetleaf

i would imagine, There lawyers would have known the consequences prior to them pulling this off. FUKIN AWSESOME, I must say. Like TK said they don't like being made fools of and I gotta funny feeling they will get hosed also. There pigpen there sure does smell. The best thing we could do is to email this to every news agency around and maybe someone will pick it up and draw the attention it needs.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
The guys that do that 'Perverted Justice" stuff for the the news, all have been sued, charged, fined, and flat out run out of towns by the cops and the different municipalities

And they catch child molesters and internet predetors but they get hammered in the courts, gotta think screwin with the cops will get an even more harsh responce.

Tex

A

adam

i only recently heard of Barry. i was happy to finally hear an ex-cop tell the truths about corruption. some hate him i think he helped alot of people since retiring. also remember when he was a cop he was just doing his job. most of us show up to work to do our job. i hope he keeps on trucking and airs it on the net for all to see

eyes

eyes

im sure if the guy has lawyers hes not going to be a fool and get himself stung so badly he cant get out of it.surely he,being a former police office knows the laws.wouldnt you think so?id have to say that whole south is ass backwards thats for sure.

Latest posts

Top Bottom