New to Canna

• Thread starter ShiftyThumb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

ShiftyThumb

I have four rooted clones vegging in 2gal smart pots in uncut Canna coco. I didn't know it was better to cut it with perlite/rice hulls before transplanting them. They were slightly stressed when cut and were healthy upon transplant. They've been rooted for about 5 weeks and vegging under CFLs. I've been feeding them very light doses of Bontanicare's ProGrow Soil Mix, Liquid Karma, SuperThrive, and infrequent doses of CalMag+ due to my 400ppm hard water. Upon giving them to a friend, they're still under CFL's and receiving the same feedings, but now they've started to yellow slightly, showing Nitrogen def. They're also sitting in a small 3x3 flood table, but being handfed due to technical difficulty. Is this because I haven't yet bought the Canna line products that I intended to? I've heard Cannazyme is very important. Anything you could tell me is helpful. Strains being grown are one supposed GDP, SilverJack, and two Genghis Chrons. Thanx

S

Snow Crash

You probably just need to step up the Pure Blend Grow. Your water is REALLY hard at 0.8ec (considering mine is <0.1ec) and bad water can be a big problem. Based on the age of your plants, and the age of the coco, you should probably begin feeding with a little more. I cannot be certain of that without a picture.

It could be that you need to rinse your media and you're experiencing lockout.

Sorry I cannot be more help.

A good guarantee for you would be to mix up a 1.4ec solution of primarily Pure Blend Grow and Liquid Karma in your tap water and collect 2 gallons of runoff per planter. That will rinse out any residual you may, or may not, have while maintaining a proper buffer of the right ratio of elements in your media.

That's the safe bet.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
sounds like its time to step up the dose is all

but without pix we are just grasping at straws really

H

hydromarketcouk

Use superthrive if you're experiencing heavy stress when transplating, don't slow the pretty bitches down for a week :D

S

ShiftyThumb

Appreciate the help guys. Yeah my last grow, I was in some ocean forest fox farm and I overfed so I've been really holding back on this grow. I'll see if I can't get a picture up for you guys soon. And yeah forget to mention I have some superthrive that I've been giving them as well. 1ml a gal mixed in with the pro grow and liquid karma. Also, I've been trying to feed them distilled water recently so I can keep a more accurate count of how much ppm I actually add to the water. Do I have to adjust the recommended dose of CalMag+ because of the coco medium? Guys at the hydro store tried to explain the properties of coco to me, and I kinda understood it, but I just need to research it more.

S

ShiftyThumb

They're lookin a little better. I took these pictures tonight. Lemme know what you guys think.

what I was told was GDP
GDP veg 2

Leaf def that I noticed
GDP veg def

'nother one.
GDP veg def 2

S

ShiftyThumb

here are the rest

Genghis Kron #1
GK1

Genghis Kron #2
GK2

Silver Jack
SJ veg

I can't find anything online about any of these strains. They came from seeds I got locally; found in the smokin' herb. These are all cutting of the original grow outs. The Genghis Kron surprised me and when I first scoped her at 41 days(scope was loaned out), she was solid milk resin heads with a few clear down on the underdeveloped buds. I harvested her at 44 days after doing a 2 step emergency flush and gave her 28hrs dark before the axe. She has a really musty earthy/hashy smell and is sticky with resin. The SilverJack herm'd about 28 days into flower and was axe'd. She was also suffering from overfeeding due to my own inexperience. The GDP is still going strong, looking phenomenal, smelling amazing, and is still clear heads at what will be 48 days as I post this. If if holds true to the strain it was branded with, I'll harvest her at about 56-60 days. Anything you guys can tell me, comments you care to share, or half-baked (;)) ideas, fire away! Oh right now we're trying to feed a mix of 1:1 CNS17 with ProGro, added LiquidKarma, a lil CalMag+, and SuperThrive in distilled water ph adjusted to about 5.8. Have individual doses in 1gal containers, giving the GDP and SJ a lil less ppm (about 600) and the GK about 800ppm. All you stay safe and smokin'

S

ShiftyThumb

Started flowering and will start a diary if I can get pics to update and take steady pictures. Wish me luck -crosses fingers-

K

kripplecreek

haha welcome to the area! Im checking out the thread about the ghengis lol nice! :cake:bongsmi:

Top Bottom