new to growing & got a few questions

• Thread starter audius
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
audius

audius

hey yall,,got a few questions,,soil or bubbelphonics,,t5 or go with the other lights,,a few thoughts from you guys would help a bunch,,:anim_52:

B

bubbak

if you're just starting out keep it simple. just go promix or similar.

except for seedlings and clones, i personally wouldnt bother with floros for vegging/flowering plants. I would use HID. If you can only get one, get hps and use a more balanced spectrum like hortulux bulbs

B

bubbak

the biggest mistake people make is spending too much on equip and going to big too fast, just ease into it, and doublecheck everything a hydro salesman says buy going online

hydro is faster for someone who wants to maximize their output and has everything down pat but its not very forgiving. you could try a smaller hydro to learn and decide what methods you like and your main grow could be more stable like promix

spend your money on an nice quiet inline fan and a good sized carbon scrubber; those 2 things are worth the $, for security & preventing heat build up/mold in your house and plants ....fresh air is under rated

audius

audius

Im gonna go bubbelphonics,,everything from wallyworld & lowels,,2, 8gal tubs for 4 plants.,,grow space is about 2`x4`x6`,,,so now guess what im wondering is 400hps or go higher?

T

Ta2u

a 400 hps will work great in an 8 square foot area. just keep that air circulating and keep an eye on the temp.

audius

audius

thanks guys ,gonna start out seeds ive had saved up for this,,im planing to go with rockwoll& clay pellets for a medium,,what kind of nutrumints should i use,,or go with what the hydro store sells me?

K

Kennie_B

for that small of an area a 400 hps will be plenty any bigger & you may have heat issues.

Top Bottom