New to growing indoor, Novice questions

• Thread starter Eshkoshka420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Eshkoshka420

Eshkoshka420

So I’ve just moved to the uk and looking to do a personal grow of just 1 or 2 autos. Should a 60cm x 60cm x 120cm tent be big enough? Also ideally what light setup would be best for a novice?

ive started germinating one or two and they seem to be sprouting happily but have been told by a friend that it’s too cold to germinate them not in the tent with lights etc set up already?
apologies if these are stupid questions. Just trying to get the hang of everything.

D

Oldguy71

Oldguy71

That’s a good size tent for what you want to do. I would light it with 2 “1000” boards. 3 if you really want to go for it. Make sure they have Samsung lm301H or B diodes and a meanwell HLG driver. The XLG model is a step down. You can find them for around $85 ea.
Seeds will germinate at 58f, faster at 80f, and may not germ over 95f.

Eshkoshka420

Eshkoshka420

That’s a good size tent for what you want to do. I would light it with 2 “1000” boards. 3 if you really want to go for it. Make sure they have Samsung lm301H or B diodes and a meanwell HLG driverThe XLG model is a step down. You can find them for around $85 ea.
Seeds will germinate at 58f, faster at 80f, and may not germ over 95f.

Thanks for getting back to me man!
when you say 2x 1000 boards, do you mean 1000 watt lights? Surely this will be too much for 2 plants? I’ll have a look at them though! There’s probably going to be a lot more questions from me in the near future so keep an eye out for this thread

SSgrower

SSgrower

Keep the temps around 60-80 degrees F for seedlings is what I am told as this plant grows in the mountain low lands mostly. Cheers!

Eshkoshka420

Eshkoshka420

Keep the temps around 60-80 degrees F for seedlings is what I am told as this plant grows in the mountain low lands mostly. Cheers!

my seedlings have sprouted and seem quite happy even considering the temperature is probably slightly low for the, at the moment. Will up the temp from today!

Eshkoshka420

Eshkoshka420

Also, is there any food or nutrients I should be giving it now? Or is it too early? If so when is it recommended to start feeding?

Theknowledgeplague

Theknowledgeplague

What size pot are you using? What medium is the seedlings in? How old are they? Cuz some soils are hot from the start soo you wouldn't have to give food for abit and be okay just by watering them

Eshkoshka420

Eshkoshka420

At the moment they’re in an incubator. In a coco and perlite mix. I’m about to transplant into airflow bags with the same mixture!

Eshkoshka420

Eshkoshka420

What size pot are you using? What medium is the seedlings in? How old are they? Cuz some soils are hot from the start soo you wouldn't have to give food for abit and be okay just by watering them

also they’re about a week old

Theknowledgeplague

Theknowledgeplague

Most coco brands are buffered with cal/mag Soo you'll be fine for a good 2weeks then I'd start adding food also depending on what you'll be using

Theknowledgeplague

Theknowledgeplague

Most coco brands are buffered with cal/mag Soo you'll be fine for a good 2weeks then I'd start adding food also depending on what you'll be using
And I'd slowly burp them to take the incubator off because they get used to humidity real fast and you don't want that it's not really doing anything I usually throw seeds in a solo cup and put and mini dome around it and in less than a week they sprout and I remove the mini domes, also can be done with clear wrap

Oldguy71

Oldguy71

Thanks for getting back to me man!
when you say 2x 1000 boards, do you mean 1000 watt lights? Surely this will be too much for 2 plants? I’ll have a look at them though! There’s probably going to be a lot more questions from me in the near future so keep an eye out for this thread
Led boards like spider farmer sp1000 or bloomspect ss1000.actually only draw 100- 125 watts. 2 of that size light is great for a 2x4 tent.

SSgrower

SSgrower

Thread stopped? I use Root Royale, mine are still in Pro-mix 2 weeks now. I am starting Humbolt Farms Oneness soon, want to transplant to 3 gal material but need more root growth 1st. Using rainwater last week, seems to help. Your grow take off?

Theknowledgeplague

Theknowledgeplague

Ah sweet okay cool. I think the brand I’m using is actually called canna.
Canna coco bricks/bags are pre-buffered your good I'm suspecting your going for a drain to waste situation which is amazing with coco considering your only doing a couple plants I'd make a auto watering system with a 5gal bucket outside the tent you wouldn't have to go in there and water everyday and it's the closest thing to hydro I think lol

Top Bottom