New To Here... Fresh Harvest

• Thread starter Scooba
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Scooba

Scooba

hey scooba, i have lots of trim. do you have any good recipes or website recommendations for using trim to make edibles? thanks for any advice buddy
I’m a crock pot butter guy. Use 1/2 -3/4 oz popcorn or 3/4 to oz of trim. 1 lb butter. 1 1/2 - 2 cups of water. Put crock on high with water and butter. Once butter melts without boil add trim. Let come to slow boil. Decarbox happens around 220 while boiling point is 212. Let roll on slow boil for an hour. May have to pull crock out of heat if comes to a full boil. Turn down to low with little to no boil for 6 hours. Pour into square dish as it’s easier to divide. Put in fridge and let cool. After cooling the butter solidifies above the water. Just pull and cut into parts and cook as normal. For first run don’t use all trim. After making first batch you’ll learn how you need to adjust if it’s too strong use plain butter for other stick in recipe. If too weak eat more and use more trim for next run of butter. Cheers!

Scooba

Scooba

I have typically been using a 150 (jokes please) but keep trying every argumentative theory. This grow I did topping, lst, defoliation, and now a staggered harvest. Previously tried random parts but not to this extent. My favorite part of a grow is trying new things. Definitely know which ones I will and won’t use especially after using a 400. Mad props to everyone that gets better harvests. I just love trial and error even tho it takes 3-4 months. Lmao

K

kansabis

I have typically been using a 150 (jokes please) but keep trying every argumentative theory. This grow I did topping, lst, defoliation, and now a staggered harvest. Previously tried random parts but not to this extent. My favorite part of a grow is trying new things. Definitely know which ones I will and won’t use especially after using a 400. Mad props to everyone that gets better harvests. I just love trial and error even tho it takes 3-4 months. Lmao
No jokes here man,I only use around 100watts from 2 vero29 cobs and after this run will be adding a 3rd for around 150watts,lol. I had a 400hps in my 4x4 tent but had to downsize.

Scooba

Scooba

No jokes here man,I only use around 100watts from 2 vero29 cobs and after this run will be adding a 3rd for around 150watts,lol. I had a 400hps in my 4x4 tent but had to downsize.
I’ve been interested in led for the lower power consumption. Personally haven’t tried as I just upgraded and haven’t really seen anything significant to make me switch. I understand lower consumption is less volume but haven’t seen too much showing a significant change using the same amount of power vs yield. It seems they’re very similar yet hps produces much more dense buds even if the weight is about the same. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Toaster79

Toaster79

I started in a closet with 125W diy led system. Got my ass covered. Now I'm in a 1m square tent with 300W diy fixture.

20180414 002032

K

kansabis

I’ve been interested in led for the lower power consumption. Personally haven’t tried as I just upgraded and haven’t really seen anything significant to make me switch. I understand lower consumption is less volume but haven’t seen too much showing a significant change using the same amount of power vs yield. It seems they’re very similar yet hps produces much more dense buds even if the weight is about the same. Please correct me if I’m wrong.
Led can get you buds just as dense as hps if you get the right LEDs and don't get the blurples on eBay/amazon. The wattage needed is similar but actually a little less with led. Besides less power consumption from lights,they also require less need for cooling and fans and for the most part have better light spread and give more head space. To each their own and if you got something that works for you then stick with it by all means.

Top Bottom