New to hydro in need of help!

• Thread starter Akagamiwp
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Yea ph is way to high, and your meters cant even be calibrated so how do you know if they are right? You need ph and ppm calibration solution and to check those meters.

Ph should start at 5.5 and climb up to 5.8. .then you lower it with ph down to 5.5 and repeat

A

Akagamiwp

you need a water chiller to keep the water cooled or have something blowing outside air to it and thats how i kept it cooled.
your humidity is too low so your vpd is out of range, hence why the plant is not looking sharp. She also looks to light green but that could be how the picture was taken since the ppm is at 1366
It is light green, almost yellowish

PK1

PK1

Supporter
The roots are not slimey. The tap water... You can see in the photo. I don't know how to keep the water temp down. And the humidity in the tent up... And i think it's to late now to move them in soil....
if this is the ppm of your tap water than you need to diloate it with some store bought water or better yet get a filter and filter the water.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
so if you are feeding 1366 and she is not up taking nuts, which means she is on halt.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

you need a water chiller to keep the water cooled or have something blowing outside air to it and thats how i kept it cooled.
your humidity is too low so your vpd is out of range, hence why the plant is not looking sharp. She also looks to light green but that could be how the picture was taken since the ppm is at 1366
I would never ever run a chiller, horrible waste of money. Im growing buds bigger than my arms without it. My water temps stay at 74F now. I actually run a 200w Heater in my res lol .. .

If someone wants to run warm temps, or cannot afford a chillier, the solution is simple. . fix all light leaks and buy hydroguard. No where on earth has that not worked lol

A

Akagamiwp

Yea ph is way to high, and your meters cant even be calibrated so how do you know if they are right? You need ph and ppm calibration solution and to check those meters.

Ph should start at 5.5 and climb up to 5.8. .then you lower it with ph down to 5.5 and repeat
The meter is calibrated

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

What PPM scale is that meter using? 700 or 500? Can you please change it to show EC? If EC is double PPM, then you have a 500ppm scale. IF 1000EC is 700ppm, you have a 700ppm scale - but pretty much all instructions are for 500ppm scale.

So - your EC is either not bad, or pretty high.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
I would never ever run a chiller, horrible waste of money. Im growing buds bigger than my arms without it. My water temps stay at 74F now. I actually run a 200w Heater in my res lol .. .

If someone wants to run warm temps, or cannot afford a chillier, the solution is simple. . fix all light leaks and buy hydroguard. No where on earth has that not worked lol
i didn't run a chiller neither ran temps of rez to about 72f

A

Akagamiwp

so if you are feeding 1366 and she is not up taking nuts, which means she is on halt.

What PPM scale is that meter using? 700 or 500? Can you please change it to show EC? If EC is double PPM, then you have a 500ppm scale. IF 1000EC is 700ppm, you have a 700ppm scale - but pretty much all instructions are for 500ppm scale.

So - your EC is either not bad, or pretty high.

IMG 20220324 164336
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

i didn't run a chiller neither ran temps of rez to about 72f
I was at 72, but ive slowly been bumping them up waiting to see when it goes bad. . and lol, lets just say I can run 77f, but but. . i cant tell if it hurts or helps, honestly it seems to not matter what temp i run, as long as its above 72. Anything under 72f for me is slowed growth.

Reactions: PK1
PK1

PK1

Supporter
here is what i would suggest on doing.

Get some bottles of water or distilled water and mix it with your tap water until the ppm are at about 150. do spend on some filters for the long run
than add your nutrients and you are looking for 0.6ec/max600ppm
Check ph and add as needed to 5.5ph
add your enzyme or if your running Sterlite
Lower the intensity of light so she recopes
bring the humidity up to 70% and temps to 26c/27c (with higher light intensity, means more heat which you need more humidity)
Plant enviroment

ps; add some more clay pebbles to the pot. you don't want light shinning through
ps; you can have something surrounding the rez and have someo air blowing at it. or if you have good enzymes than you don't need to worry about rez temps

A

Akagamiwp

Ok guys. How do i fix all this and fast? Is there any chance to move them in soil? The other ones have just developed roots...

IMG 20220324 164842
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

So i know you said the meter is calibrated, but meters need to be re calibrated often. Dude when you lower your ph your plants gonna die. Your gonna over feed it for sure. I was wondering why you were not over feeding it right now, but thats because your ph is to high and your in lockout. Shits slowly gonna go south on you from here with that ph, and even if you lower it.

Most people put to much stuff in their res. You need some people familiar with your nutrients to tell you what not to add. There is no way those plants need all that right now. I dont even add my bloom booster until they are flowering. Again, not trying to be rude but if you do what we say and lower your ph, lol. . .i think ur plants gonna die fast. Perhaps turn your light down a bit to slow this thing down. The last thing you want to do is make a plant grow faster when it has issues. But I guarantee you that your ratios are incorrect. And. . when you correct them, im afraid that your Tap water is way to high. So go study youtube under sink ro systems and yea. .

Not trying to be a downer, but I just dont see how youve gotten this far. Ph just started rising on ya and now you cant keep it in check.

So you can always add a ph buffer. So blast the ph up to 10, then bring it all the way back down to 5.5. Its not really alkalinity but its a buffer.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
if you never want to worry about your rez get Z7 part A+B or Z9 in US
Ok guys. How do i fix all this and fast? Is there any chance to move them in soil? The other ones have just developed roots...

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Bro, thats all root rot and algie growth in your res and sidelines of water levels.

Im 1000% positive both of your meters are junk. There is no way that solution is 1600ppm, and if it is, its green lol. . what is it full of algie? Then even though they are not slimy, they look brown and that netpot looks like it can be cleaned with a rag and turned brown. Thats rot my friend. They way they go from brown down to white yea. . .

So anything that isnt under water is brown it looks? So what do you do lol .. idk man, i mean its all fixable. .just gotta study this thread about how to run your system, and make another one on what to add to your pot. Cause atm you have problems with your setup, and everything your adding. Everyone does though, there are few who master it day one lol, but its a challenge in itsself to go hydro, but I assure you its worth it.

Reactions: PK1
A

Akagamiwp

So i know you said the meter is calibrated, but meters need to be re calibrated often. Dude when you lower your ph your plants gonna die. Your gonna over feed it for sure. I was wondering why you were not over feeding it right now, but thats because your ph is to high and your in lockout. Shits slowly gonna go south on you from here with that ph, and even if you lower it.

Most people put to much stuff in their res. You need some people familiar with your nutrients to tell you what not to add. There is no way those plants need all that right now. I dont even add my bloom booster until they are flowering. Again, not trying to be rude but if you do what we say and lower your ph, lol. . .i think ur plants gonna die fast. Perhaps turn your light down a bit to slow this thing down. The last thing you want to do is make a plant grow faster when it has issues. But I guarantee you that your ratios are incorrect. And. . when you correct them, im afraid that your Tap water is way to high. So go study youtube under sink ro systems and yea. .

Not trying to be a downer, but I just dont see how youve gotten this far. Ph just started rising on ya and now you cant keep it in check.

So you can always add a ph buffer. So blast the ph up to 10, then bring it all the way back down to 5.5. Its not really alkalinity but its a buffer.
Ok the ph in the last photo is regular tap water without any nutriens. Thebph that i have right now in the reservoir is5. 3. My mix now is only grow micro and bloom with some rhizotonic for the roots and a bit of cal

PK1

PK1

Supporter
ya, you are not running anything to stabilize the rez
you need to figure if you want to go the enzyme way or sterlite. it's two different ways and i only know the enzyme way with z7/z9
never have rez problem again

Top Bottom