New to hydro in need of help!

• Thread starter Akagamiwp
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

here is what i would suggest on doing.

Get some bottles of water or distilled water and mix it with your tap water until the ppm are at about 150. do spend on some filters for the long run
than add your nutrients and you are looking for 0.6ec/max600ppm
Check ph and add as needed to 5.5ph
add your enzyme or if your running Sterlite
Lower the intensity of light so she recopes
bring the humidity up to 70% and temps to 26c/27c (with higher light intensity, means more heat which you need more humidity)
View attachment 1229233

ps; add some more clay pebbles to the pot. you don't want light shinning through
ps; you can have something surrounding the rez and have someo air blowing at it. or if you have good enzymes than you don't need to worry about rez temps
You know how I feel about Enzymes lol. Mb on that before, but my goal this run is to make my batch sit for 60 days, without every doing a res change, only top offs. . with no enzymes. I can manually test NPK. I have aquarium strips for Nitrate and Nitrite, then I have Potassium strips and Phosphate tritate setup. I can test hardness to, aka calcium. Its wild what I know about my res now. So my res right now is 650ppms, mid flower. My testing equipment says i have around 140ppms of Nitrate, 0ppms of nitrite, 80 ppms of calcium, 200ppms of phosphate, and 200ppms of potassium.

Like idk man, it just seems to good of math for me. I use to add too much of one nutrient when I topped off, raising my ppms slowly, but now I bet I could run them down to 200 and keep the plants alive lol. . crazy town

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

You would think they would be tinted from high ppms. Still sticking to my guns and saying both your meters are bad. Which is very common for meters under 20 bucks that do not have a calibration button on them. I have to cailbrate my 50 dollar meters every 2 days or they are not accurate, well my ph meter. My ppm meter stays pretty accurate. It gets calibrated once a month.

A

Akagamiwp

You would think they would be tinted from high ppms. Still sticking to my guns and saying both your meters are bad. Which is very common for meters under 20 bucks that do not have a calibration button on them. I have to cailbrate my 50 dollar meters every 2 days or they are not accurate, well my ph meter. My ppm meter stays pretty accurate. It gets calibrated once a month.
Calibrated ed yesterday...

IMG 20220324 170730
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Again... Is it to late to move the little ones in soil?
You can easily move them to soil. Just make sure the roots are not clumped together. Ive never grown in soil lol. .but i know its easy to do.

StrongIsland

StrongIsland

Hello!
I am new to hydro growing and i seem to have some problems.
The ph keeps rising and i don't know how to fix that. Every day i have to add ph down to the nutrieny solution
And my plants don't seem to be doing verry well. I am using the 3 part fertilizer from advanced nutrients, a little below the recommended dosages. I really need some help here. I don't know that much about hydro and i don't want my plants to die

Hello!
I am new to hydro growing and i seem to have some problems.
The ph keeps rising and i don't know how to fix that. Every day i have to add ph down to the nutrieny solution
And my plants don't seem to be doing verry well. I am using the 3 part fertilizer from advanced nutrients, a little below the recommended dosages. I really need some help here. I don't know that much about hydro and i don't want my plants to die.
Hey did you ever fix the problem?

Electrolights

Electrolights

Agree with the root rot, may only get worse. Be careful with hydroguard from Amazon. It is usually expired. Have to get legit nutrients from a shop. If your running advanced, ide suggested sensizyme and getting some of their new voodoo tablets or just get Athena cleanse and run a clean system. Check out aquamans root rot cure Page as well is an option.

StrongIsland

StrongIsland

Agree with the root rot, may only get worse. Be careful with hydroguard from Amazon. It is usually expired. Have to get legit nutrients from a shop. If your running advanced, ide suggested sensizyme and getting some of their new voodoo tablets or just get Athena cleanse and run a clean system. Check out aquamans root rot cure Page as well is an option.
Hey buddy I ended up killing it because she just didn't wanna bounce back. The roots got worse and came to the realization that I need a water chiller.
As of not I'm just doing living soil as it is summer here and going to do the hydro in winter cause garage is cooler.

NairnM16

NairnM16

Atthis moment i have this
If I have read correctly for advanced nutes
5 gallons is 22.5 litres
For small plants about ur size I’d recommends about 2/3ml per liter
I’d recommend some voodoo juice at 2ml per liter tht will help with the root mass,
Ppm ratio only refers to your N-P-K ratio
Check ppm after adding your base nutes base nutrients tht will be your true ppm

I personally keep the ppm low nd build a high metabolism but we will get to tht another day,

The reason for the rise in ph is the air pump you’ve got to much air in tht 5gall tub get a power dimmer nd file it back maybe 20% till ph remains steady,

You have ph perfect technology base nutes same as me, just set it for get it change res weekly, in veg keep the first tote for 2/4 weeks let the roots build,

The stage you are at look into root pruning helps build a burger roof mass too

I hope I covered everything I’m dyslexic so if you’re confused just ask I use same nutes as u

NairnM16

NairnM16

Just read page 2-3

Damn thts Algee, clean everything with silverbullet high concentration,

After you put your system back together get some pythoff and silverbullet in your water at about 0.02 ml per liter seal all light leaks nd you should be fine

Garosdog

Garosdog

How many gallons does it hold and what week are you at? I use 5 gallon per plant for veg, and 10 gallons per plant for flower. I have 6 plants with a res of 30 gallons for veg, and another system with 6 plants and 60 gallons for flower. My ph slowly rises as the days go on. I have to ajust ph down every 4 days. So yea, in your small setup, you will be ajusting ph daily. That is why I hated dwc and small pots. I would reccommend building a larger setup like whats in my signature. Good luck buddy. . but yes, its only gonna get worse.

Now I also would say you have some nutrient uptake issues going on too.
And Ppms, and h2o temp issues seemed to me to play an important role

Outdoorhydropile

Outdoorhydropile

Lol thats his tap water ppms, his actually ppms of solution are almost 1400 for those tiny plants, and they still dont look nutrient burnt, more like they dont have enough of something. .wild i tell ya wild
I would google what is in your tap water, you can do a search by zip code and get an idea of what exactly is in your water. I use tap water also very hard, without any issues. My tap water ppm is slightly lower than yours, but I run 1600+ ppm with small plants without issues. But I don’t use much calcium or magnesium because my water has a good amount of both. I’ve found that too much of either can cause precipitation in your reservoir. Is your res ever cloudy? You definitely want to look into getting your temps down.. 72 or lower is ideal.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I would google what is in your tap water, you can do a search by zip code and get an idea of what exactly is in your water. I use tap water also very hard, without any issues. My tap water ppm is slightly lower than yours, but I run 1600+ ppm with small plants without issues. But I don’t use much calcium or magnesium because my water has a good amount of both. I’ve found that too much of either can cause precipitation in your reservoir. Is your res ever cloudy? You definitely want to look into getting your temps down.. 72 or lower is ideal.
So I think my tap ppms are around 400. Ive asked for a water report but have yet to get one, never put much effort into it. My ro system works pretty well for me. I have large capacities but I dont do water changes so im really just using the same amount of water as anyone else who grows. Had I not topped off the other day with 20 gallons, I would have only dumped 10 gallons of solutions in 2 months. Ill post a video on my thread and tag ya in it. I do things quite differently than most hydro growers. I like 72f or higher lol. For me the issues have always been environmental and not res. Which is why I envy your outdoor grow. I have some film and cattle panels and t posts but i dunno man. Im trying to run it all year and sell some legal plants and food. Actually contemplating buying a large propane burner for it. . it might work very well lol. Still all in in my head atm.

W

Wanwan

Nitrat ve Nitrit seviyelerini test eden akvaryum şeritlerim var. Potasyum ve Fosfat testi yapmak için şeritlerim var. Bir hafta içinde ppm'im 800'den 500'e düşüyor, ardından hangi besin maddesinin en düşük ppm seviyelerine sahip olduğunu test edip ekliyorum.
Hi! Could you please send me the link of these products?

Top Bottom