New to hydro in need of help!

• Thread starter Akagamiwp
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

here is what i would suggest on doing.

Get some bottles of water or distilled water and mix it with your tap water until the ppm are at about 150. do spend on some filters for the long run
than add your nutrients and you are looking for 0.6ec/max600ppm
Check ph and add as needed to 5.5ph
add your enzyme or if your running Sterlite
Lower the intensity of light so she recopes
bring the humidity up to 70% and temps to 26c/27c (with higher light intensity, means more heat which you need more humidity)
View attachment 1229233

ps; add some more clay pebbles to the pot. you don't want light shinning through
ps; you can have something surrounding the rez and have someo air blowing at it. or if you have good enzymes than you don't need to worry about rez temps
You know how I feel about Enzymes lol. Mb on that before, but my goal this run is to make my batch sit for 60 days, without every doing a res change, only top offs. . with no enzymes. I can manually test NPK. I have aquarium strips for Nitrate and Nitrite, then I have Potassium strips and Phosphate tritate setup. I can test hardness to, aka calcium. Its wild what I know about my res now. So my res right now is 650ppms, mid flower. My testing equipment says i have around 140ppms of Nitrate, 0ppms of nitrite, 80 ppms of calcium, 200ppms of phosphate, and 200ppms of potassium.

Like idk man, it just seems to good of math for me. I use to add too much of one nutrient when I topped off, raising my ppms slowly, but now I bet I could run them down to 200 and keep the plants alive lol. . crazy town

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

You would think they would be tinted from high ppms. Still sticking to my guns and saying both your meters are bad. Which is very common for meters under 20 bucks that do not have a calibration button on them. I have to cailbrate my 50 dollar meters every 2 days or they are not accurate, well my ph meter. My ppm meter stays pretty accurate. It gets calibrated once a month.

A

Akagamiwp

You would think they would be tinted from high ppms. Still sticking to my guns and saying both your meters are bad. Which is very common for meters under 20 bucks that do not have a calibration button on them. I have to cailbrate my 50 dollar meters every 2 days or they are not accurate, well my ph meter. My ppm meter stays pretty accurate. It gets calibrated once a month.
Calibrated ed yesterday...

IMG 20220324 170730
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Again... Is it to late to move the little ones in soil?
You can easily move them to soil. Just make sure the roots are not clumped together. Ive never grown in soil lol. .but i know its easy to do.

StrongIsland

StrongIsland

Hello!
I am new to hydro growing and i seem to have some problems.
The ph keeps rising and i don't know how to fix that. Every day i have to add ph down to the nutrieny solution
And my plants don't seem to be doing verry well. I am using the 3 part fertilizer from advanced nutrients, a little below the recommended dosages. I really need some help here. I don't know that much about hydro and i don't want my plants to die

Hello!
I am new to hydro growing and i seem to have some problems.
The ph keeps rising and i don't know how to fix that. Every day i have to add ph down to the nutrieny solution
And my plants don't seem to be doing verry well. I am using the 3 part fertilizer from advanced nutrients, a little below the recommended dosages. I really need some help here. I don't know that much about hydro and i don't want my plants to die.
Hey did you ever fix the problem?