New to hydroponics, assistance needed

• Thread starter Lynch_Ironside
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lynch_Ironside

Lynch_Ironside

This is pretty helpful when it comes to shock and stress at random times like temp heat res heat etc etc this with hydroguard kind of can help make life less stressful in hydro
I'll get some ordered, thanks !
Update pics.... of my sad plants, poor things...

20201208 183129
20201208 183125
20201208 183121
JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Wow that was a long read.

My advise to the op DO WHAT EVER AQUAMAN TELLS YOU!

Not to diminish anyone else's advise by any means! Loads of great farmers here.

From my own experience when problems arise in my dwc system ( thanks to aquaman not lately) Aquaman is my go-to guy.

Although sometimes he makes it very technical lol but he's saved me a bunch of times when I started dwc almost said ****it. Now it's all hydro for me.

Lynch_Ironside

Lynch_Ironside

Wow that was a long read.

My advise to the op DO WHAT EVER AQUAMAN TELLS YOU!

Not to diminish anyone else's advise by any means! Loads of great farmers here.

From my own experience when problems arise in my dwc system ( thanks to aquaman not lately) Aquaman is my go-to guy.

Although sometimes he makes it very technical lol but he's saved me a bunch of times when I started dwc almost said ****it. Now it's all hydro for me.
@Aqua Man is the man, a literal cornucopia of knowledge and advice. He has helped me out a ton already!
Update

20201209 085207
20201209 085205
20201209 085201
JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Looking better! Keep at it! It will get frustrating, but once dialed in it becomes a breeze.

And another warning (not knowing the height available in your tent) they will need to be trimmed as they can get away and get big on ya fast. Yes even autos! My last plant auto Bruce banner grew super fast and I had to start bending all the branches.
But especially when the novelty of autos wears off and ya go with photos. Lol

Lynch_Ironside

Lynch_Ironside

Looking better! Keep at it! It will get frustrating, but once dialed in it becomes a breeze.

And another warning (not knowing the height available in your tent) they will need to be trimmed as they can get away and get big on ya fast. Yes even autos! My last plant auto Bruce banner grew super fast and I had to start bending all the branches.
Right on, this is just the starter tent, I'm harvesting my others tomorrow and then will transfer the autos into the larger tent. I get some new pics of trichomes up some time today.

Badchoice

Badchoice

If I remember correctly doesnt the banner genetics auto or fem known for a crazy height spike in transition phase?

Lynch_Ironside

Lynch_Ironside

Update
Well they are looking better. So is it easier to maintain a sterile grow or one with beneficial bacteria? I've included some pics of the roots, mostly white but I'm seeing some slime accumulate on some of the roots, could this be the beginning of root rot? Will hydrogen peroxide do the same thing as sodium hypochlorite bleach? Also what's a normal amount of ph fluctuation? I'm getting .3 or so per day.

20201210 082048
20201210 082040
20201210 081640
20201210 081637
20201210 081634
Lynch_Ironside

Lynch_Ironside

Will be harvesting today! Then after they hang for a bit I'll put the autos in there.

20201210 083143
20201206 085311
20201206 085253
20201206 084615
20201206 083947
20201206 083441
20201206 083356
20201206 083236
Lynch_Ironside

Lynch_Ironside

I've found running sterile hydroponics is a little easier to avoid headaches.. Especially if you're running a large grow. Cheaper, too. 1 to 2 ml per gallon per day of 5 to 7% sodium hypochlorite bleach keeps the root rot away 🤠
Also do you know if sterility plays role in ph fluctuation?

Badchoice

Badchoice

Also do you know if sterility plays role in ph fluctuation?
Ive always run non sterile and don’t seem to find it hard to hit the prime point, having dropping water levels dropping EC/PPM and static PH. Me personally doing a sterile grow would be impossible I’m not that anal to clean that much lol....(not trying to be rude of course) but like real sterile grows like really ya gonna sterile your clothes and etc when you gotta go into the tent to do work every time? No thanks but that’s me 🙂 I’m lazy won’t lie as well my last non sterile grow I got pics on my profile and that it was going gang buster untill it turned male lol

beluga

beluga

Oh also if your using hydroguard do not add peroxide that is not a smart thing too do because peroxide will kill bad and good bacteria and hydroguard is good bacteria
On that note...
How do we feel about the bacillus surviving the extreme saline habitat created by salt-based fertilizers?
I mix in my hydroguard and ferts in a little slurry, pour that in, then pour the remainder of the water... and, when I'm mixing that slurry, I'm always wondering if I'm practicing futility or not.

The little ones look great lynch!

Badchoice

Badchoice

On that note...
How do we feel about the bacillus surviving the extreme saline habitat created by salt-based fertilizers?
I mix in my hydroguard and ferts in a little slurry, pour that in, then pour the remainder of the water... and, when I'm mixing that slurry, I'm always wondering if I'm practicing futility or not.

The little ones look great lynch!
Gonna be fair not fully understanding the lingo you might be asking out of my range depth

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Update
Well they are looking better. So is it easier to maintain a sterile grow or one with beneficial bacteria? I've included some pics of the roots, mostly white but I'm seeing some slime accumulate on some of the roots, could this be the beginning of root rot? Will hydrogen peroxide do the same thing as sodium hypochlorite bleach? Also what's a normal amount of ph fluctuation? I'm getting .3 or so per day.
0.2 a day is ideal.. nothing wrong with 0.3

Lynch_Ironside

Lynch_Ironside

Am I the only one running with southern ag?
I prefer a live system but both work well.

IMO always add hydrogaurd directly to the res after everything else is added, temp and ph adjusted.

Generally a sterile res is cheaper to do but I feel a live provides more protection.
On this note I've been adding my ag to my mix at the beginning, after adjusting ph offset caused by the silica...

Latest posts

Top Bottom