New to led lighting 4x8 tent

• Thread starter Zelkova12
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Zelkova12

Zelkova12

Well I just switched over in the beginning of my 12/12 to California light work solar xtreme 500s. My girls are on day 15 of 12/12. Just curious if I’ve got the light set up the proper way or if I should turn them 90° They are at 18-20” above canopy

New to led lighting 4x8 tent
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I'd ask the manufacturer which orientation would give you the best coverage.

karolanne

karolanne

Man I been looking at led since 2013. Took me that long to make the switch
It's a bit sad that your middle light is over a empty crack space. But I don't know what you can do about it.

Did you built your net or it was bought? If bought, what is the brand?

Thanks.

Zelkova12

Zelkova12

It's a bit sad that your middle light is over a empty crack space. But I don't know what you can do about it.

Thanks.
I bought them. I used to make them but the natural sinsal fibers suck And the middle light will cover

Thanks.
basic ebay nets. If u look at my other content in here u will see home made ones. I finally broke down and bought some. Btw the middle light is for supplemental when they finally spread out a bit more. I’m deciding on if I really need it or not. For now I’ll keep it in there

karolanne

karolanne

I bought them. I used to make them but the natural sinsal fibers suck And the middle light will cover

basic ebay nets. If u look at my other content in here u will see home made ones. I finally broke down and bought some. Btw the middle light is for supplemental when they finally spread out a bit more. I’m deciding on if I really need it or not. For now I’ll keep it in there
The middle light defenetly help. You have it, use it. How's your space for your clones and mothers?

Zelkova12

Zelkova12

Just bought another one 250 for my seedlings and veg. Super impressed with this light

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Love the LED technology these days! I’ve been out of the loop for like a decade and my state went legal and I came back to the cannabis space and love how good the LED are and how affordable they are as well. When I heard about this tech ten years ago they were all blurple, not well accepted by the community (hps guys lol), and overly expensive. So I was blown away at how far they came and now I’m buying up all kinds of LED fixtures. So much cooler and efficient it just works way better for my situation. Nice lights! I try to find 3rd party testing for par maps like cocoforcannibis.com. I then adjust my height according to those maps.

Zelkova12

Zelkova12

Love the LED technology these days! I’ve been out of the loop for like a decade and my state went legal and I came back to the cannabis space and love how good the LED are and how affordable they are as well. When I heard about this tech ten years ago they were all blurple, not well accepted by the community (hps guys lol), and overly expensive. So I was blown away at how far they came and now I’m buying up all kinds of LED fixtures. So much cooler and efficient it just works way better for my situation. Nice lights! I try to find 3rd party testing for par maps like cocoforcannibis.com. I then adjust my height according to those maps.
Gotta try the California lightworks. I just bought my fourth a 250 for my seedling /veg tent

Mrb53

Mrb53

LED'S give directional light, that is why there are no reflector canopies on them. Like a laser pointer, they are pretty focused. If you look at the ppfd chart, you will see the greatest photon coverage in the center of the light...ergo, get the plants DIRECTLY UNDER the light...doesn't matter the direction...height is more important
You got some good lights...I ran a dozen of the 880's...control the environment (ventilation, temp, rh...and possibly CO2 if your temps are above 82°f)

Zelkova12

Zelkova12

My
LED'S give directional light, that is why there are no reflector canopies on them. Like a laser pointer, they are pretty focused. If you look at the ppfd chart, you will see the greatest photon coverage in the center of the light...ergo, get the plants DIRECTLY UNDER the light...doesn't matter the direction...height is more important
You got some good lights...I ran a dozen of the 880's...control the environment (ventilation, temp, rh...and possibly CO2 if your temps are above 82°f)
plants are loving them

Top Bottom