New to led lighting 4x8 tent

• Thread starter Zelkova12
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Zelkova12

Zelkova12

I still run the old batwing hps myself I will dive into the led game this summer though hopefully will help a lot with temps I reckon👍
I’ll tell you what there’s a ton of companies out there I just remember one thing they all source the LEDs from the same place they get their drivers from the same place there’s nothing spectacular about any of them besides the price tag oh I spent the last seven years watching videos over and over a few lights every single month. And California lightworks and Kinda and one of the two that I washed out for and to be honest with you I went with a California lightworks solar stream Siri simply because I could afford them I went with three of them in a 4 x 8 tent and right now it’s smokes to 1000 W plus turbo lights that I had in there I’ve ran hortilux 1000 and par pro 1100. Same genetics. California lightworks with UVB supplement smokes it hands-down

Mrb53

Mrb53

I’ll tell you what there’s a ton of companies out there I just remember one thing they all source the LEDs from the same place they get their drivers from the same place there’s nothing spectacular about any of them besides the price tag oh I spent the last seven years watching videos over and over a few lights every single month. And California lightworks and Kinda and one of the two that I washed out for and to be honest with you I went with a California lightworks solar stream Siri simply because I could afford them I went with three of them in a 4 x 8 tent and right now it’s smokes to 1000 W plus turbo lights that I had in there I’ve ran hortilux 1000 and par pro 1100. Same genetics. California lightworks with UVB supplement smokes it hands-down
I stated earlier that I ran 10 CaLightworks 880's with UVB...as far as how well they performed...out of the box for sure. UV died on 4 of 10 within 1 year...I could have used the warranty but what ahassle to ship/ wait / al that
I went to China through AliBabba. I sourced a mfg...was able to design my own 8 bar floding3029 powr controllable led with IR/UV ( i chose how many and even could say where on the bar/s I wanted them, driver with a 8' extension so I could mount it OUTSIDE the tent..650w, 301b's samsungs, cree IR/UV..SLOW BOAT SHIP (took 3 weeks to get here)..arrived with a damaged / bent corner on driver...I managed to fix with simple small hammer and it really would not make a difference since I mounted on plank and laid plank over top of tent...MORE THAN 2/3's cheaper than CLWorks..I grabbed this puppy for $<650 USD delivered...been running for 6 mos now and it worked just as good. For such a savings, you can keep the name brand guys who charge 2 / 3 x for same bulbs / drivers everyone else makes.
I know that they now have digital spectrum controller and I do not have that yet but still, it will be forthcoming...Maybe, since I did not have any issues with quality or delivery this was a feasible item but return ship / return is free if warranty work is needed. With how fast the LED market is moving, not sure I want to spend .$1k for a light that will probably be outdated in A YEAR so for my cost, I can buy new every year and still sell the old for a decent price

Zelkova12

Zelkova12

I stated earlier that I ran 10 CaLightworks 880's with UVB...as far as how well they performed...out of the box for sure. UV died on 4 of 10 within 1 year...I could have used the warranty but what ahassle to ship/ wait / al that
I went to China through AliBabba. I sourced a mfg...was able to design my own 8 bar floding3029 powr controllable led with IR/UV ( i chose how many and even could say where on the bar/s I wanted them, driver with a 8' extension so I could mount it OUTSIDE the tent..650w, 301b's samsungs, cree IR/UV..SLOW BOAT SHIP (took 3 weeks to get here)..arrived with a damaged / bent corner on driver...I managed to fix with simple small hammer and it really would not make a difference since I mounted on plank and laid plank over top of tent...MORE THAN 2/3's cheaper than CLWorks..I grabbed this puppy for $<650 USD delivered...been running for 6 mos now and it worked just as good. For such a savings, you can keep the name brand guys who charge 2 / 3 x for same bulbs / drivers everyone else makes.
I know that they now have digital spectrum controller and I do not have that yet but still, it will be forthcoming...Maybe, since I did not have any issues with quality or delivery this was a feasible item but return ship / return is free if warranty work is needed. With how fast the LED market is moving, not sure I want to spend .$1k for a light that will probably be outdated in A YEAR so for my cost, I can buy new every year and still sell the old for a decent price
So what did you end up doing with the solar storm

Zelkova12

Zelkova12

Yeah I did Alibaba for years for electronics cigarettes are used to sell before they became popular but I like my American built lights I think for my application the best iview so far and trust me I’ve used a lot of different lighting

Mrb53

Mrb53

So what did you end up doing with the solar storm
I had a LARGE grow...5 rooms, over 1200sqft...I sold it all and left the commercial part of industry...just got too difficult, too much red tape, taxes, tariffs...now Ijust grow for home / family use...4 lights, 1 dry box, indoor / outdoor as season permits. This was last year...I sold them at $800 each..actually bartered as contractor took all equipment in exchange for putting house into sell condition. A grow house is a major renovation and market was too hot last year to not take advantage...Sold my home in 1 day on market

Zelkova12

Zelkova12

Wow that’s pretty decent money actually for them especially for the age they seem to hold their value pretty well

Mrb53

Mrb53

Wow that’s pretty decent money actually for them especially for the age they seem to hold their value pretty well
that was a little over a year ago and I think the barter helped improve pricing...contractor probably made up on the other side

Zelkova12

Zelkova12

Here’s the last of it day 72. Cali lightworks. Really impressed me. Time to order one more and push the limits. Will be having 4 of the 500 extremes in 4x8 2 per side like the 1000 extreme version. Thank god for winter coming up.

Top Bottom