New to leds

• Thread starter Running_tank313
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Running_tank313

Hi guys I'm new to the whole LEDs and am looking for some advice.

Im usually a HPs man but have decided to give the LEDs ago to see the difference in yields.

I currently have 5 LZ-A600w LEDs running and have had the plants under the lights for full veg and I'm on week one in flower. IV had them turned fully up as anything less gives them little heat and the veg time has taken 3 weeks longer then HPs.

Now my question is how do I understand the different spectral distributions.

Will post a photo of the instructions and map.
New to leds

AlfaDog

AlfaDog

• Actual Power: about 100W±5%
  • this is a copy past so the light is only giving 100watts average not 600watts that's the problem with the led industry they take advantage of people and the lack of knowledge you can't expect much from a $60 led go with a much more reputable and known company such as blackdog led or photontek I'd get my money back and cheak always
  • Actual power output or true power wattage

AlfaDog

AlfaDog

So what spectrum is best for veg and best for flower because if I do t have them turned all the way up they just don't grow.
Might be good for seedling but that's bout it
To be honest the ppfd is prob shit there's so much more to leds than wattage
Wattage spectrum ppfd if a website don't even provide that when selling the light I don't trust them especially with an name like lz a (600watt) but only has output of 100watt

R

Running_tank313

• this is a copy past so the light is only giving 100watts average not 600watts that's the problem with the led industry they take advantage of people and the lack of knowledge you can't expect much from a $60 led go with a much more reputable and known company such as blackdog led or photontek I'd get my money back and cheak always
Ok so doing my research into the lights and it says 132w+3% so that means there not 600w correct?

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

So what spectrum is best for veg and best for flower because if I do t have them turned all the way up they just don't grow.
3000k based light spectrum for flowering. 3500k based for a veg/flower board. 4000k - 5000k works well for vegging.
Unfortunately, when I saw the light I was afraid that this would be a predatory company pushing a light that won't live up to its expectations. I would also be looking to return the light.

I'm not familiar with Blackdog LED beyond their name. They are not cheap but seem to have a good reputation. Photontek I am familiar with, and as long as its sized properly to the space, it's a light company worth looking at. I would also look at HLG boards, Grower's Choice, and Gavita for the higher end lights.

Value priced boards that pack some serious grow power would be along the lines of Spiderfarmer. I wasn't a fan until I received their SF4000 as a gift. Now I've been converted.

There's other manufacturers out there making good board. Most of those are using chips manufactured by Samsung/LG/Osram. Driver construction is also something to look at prior to purchasing.

AlfaDog

AlfaDog

The difference between blackdog leds and the rest of the industry is they use photogensis spectrum this technology is formulated for plant growth it's true full spectrum and plants love it let's be honest there's not much difference between a 1000watt photontek co2 and blackdogled

pilto

pilto

When I first got into LEDs, I got ripped as well. Picked up a pair of Amazon blurple lights that were junk. On the bright side, they have been fine for my motherbox. I use them for rooting new seedlings, clones, and for my mothers. But I learned my lesson. If you are just getting into it, depending on the size of your area, I have found that Horticulture Lighting Group kits are your best bang for the buck. Especially if you get them on sale. I have a pair of their 260W XL QB rspec LED kits in my 4x4 and they are really knocking it out of the park.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

LED and HPS are very different ball games with a few nuances between the styles. Most people that come from HPS or MH just aren't used to handling the LED grows or monitoring the symptoms.

Leaf surface temps are a big one
Increased demand for Mg is another

Not getting fleeced by shady advertising would help

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hi guys I'm new to the whole LEDs and am looking for some advice.

Im usually a HPs man but have decided to give the LEDs ago to see the difference in yields.

I currently have 5 LZ-A600w LEDs running and have had the plants under the lights for full veg and I'm on week one in flower. IV had them turned fully up as anything less gives them little heat and the veg time has taken 3 weeks longer then HPs.

Now my question is how do I understand the different spectral distributions.

Will post a photo of the instructions and map.View attachment 1202344
With the heat low you won't see much growth either, not just because of the light. Get her to at least 78f, I've used heat lamps in the room / space to heat up the area, not directed at the plant. with the same timer to come on with the lights on. They can handle cool overnight, it'll bring out the color, just get the heat up anyway you can through out your lights on period. I had to buy a 1250 w heater....but a 150w heat lamp worked better in a smaller space.

AlfaDog

AlfaDog

I get best results min 86.5 at surface leaf temp just explosive having amazing results this round with different genetic this is day 18 of flower
20220807 193256
20220807 193937
20220808 200718
20220808 200806

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I get best results min 86.5 at surface leaf temp just explosive having amazing results this round with different genetic this is day 18 of flower View attachment 1269876View attachment 1269877View attachment 1269878View attachment 1269879
I've read that 78f is the optimal leaf temp so I try to keep my space's in the low 80's. if I can....Yikes what happened to all your leaves....I know. I know...... defoliation & lolly popping.....I just can't do that I grow attached to my solar panels, I'll pull a few here and there but nope not like that.. I see lots doing it...just not me...lol

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

I've read that 78f is the optimal leaf temp so I try to keep my space's in the low 80's. if I can....Yikes what happened to all your leaves....I know. I know...... defoliation & lolly popping.....I just can't do that I grow attached to my solar panels, I'll pull a few here and there but nope not like that.. I see lots doing it...just not me...lol

LED has great ppfd but not the best penetration :P that's why it is important to use these techniques indoors imo. I personally:

• Remove bottom 30% of branches and leaves in veg phase aka lollipop
  • Remove any branch that doesn't reach minimum 50% of canopy height after flower stretch
  • Leave 3-5 nodes per branch on what's left

Top Bottom