New to rosin but want to start making my own...any suggestions for a noob on a budget?

• Thread starter ReeferRon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moshmen

Moshmen

Why bigger press ? I def don’t use 10 tons ever . I do wish I had a gauge just so I knew what psi was

Growrx

Growrx

Got around to doing my first bubble hash run today and not to shabby I’ll say. @ReeferRon you wanted to see?
AE6678B7 DCA4 4975 A799 5C3CCEB00438

EB18C1AE 30F8 4C79 A1F9 4366B3649B7A

Heynow

Heynow

I find it 10x better to press bubble...its more work but way worth it.

Make your bubble, drain it and scoop it on to parchment. Freeze it for 24 hrs, microplane it with a frozen microplaner, freeze it for 24 hrs after microplaneing. Then air dry it for 24 hrs and press.

Viola

20210126 132655
20210211 160918
ReeferRon

ReeferRon

I find it 10x better to press bubble...its more work but way worth it.

Make your bubble, drain it and scoop it on to parchment. Freeze it for 24 hrs, microplane it with a frozen microplaner, freeze it for 24 hrs after microplaneing. Then air dry it for 24 hrs and press.

Viola
That looks like some fire rosin! Thank you for sharing your technique...definitely something to think about...

Heynow

Heynow

There is more that goes into it, like how much per bag...how much pressure...what temp...

If you are pressing bubble, it's not about pressure, most time you use very little. You preheat the bag with bubble for like a minute on the press with no pressure, then slightly crank it up each minute for a 3 min press.

I always start at 165 and go up 10 degrees per press for presses...I combine the first 2 and keep the 3 for edibles. It's still totally dab ready, just kinda like shatter instead of butter

Moshmen

Moshmen

There is more that goes into it, like how much per bag...how much pressure...what temp...

If you are pressing bubble, it's not about pressure, most time you use very little. You preheat the bag with bubble for like a minute on the press with no pressure, then slightly crank it up each minute for a 3 min press.

I always start at 165 and go up 10 degrees per press for presses...I combine the first 2 and keep the 3 for edibles. It's still totally dab ready, just kinda like shatter instead of butter
I tried pressin kief once it didn’t work so well for me that’s prolly why! To fast and to much pressure . Thanx for the tips my goto for flower is 190 for about 2-3 min press

Moshmen

Moshmen

Nice lots of work but I bet that’s top shelf ! Tip toe top shelf!

Heynow

Heynow

Low and slow...that is the tempo...

It is really satisfying to make something that you are proud of. You spend months getting a plant to harvest, a few more days is nothing

ReeferRon

ReeferRon

Low and slow...that is the tempo...

It is really satisfying to make something that you are proud of. You spend months getting a plant to harvest, a few more days is nothing
I'm sold! lol Any specific bubble bags you recommend?

Heynow

Heynow

Bubble magic bags to make bubble. I use the 220, 160, 45 and 25. I throw out the 220, I save the 160 and 25 for edibles. I use everything that falls between 159 and 45 for full spectrum rosin.

For press bags, they are all about the same...I use a 37u, just got to be gentle so you don't get blowouts. You can stuff your 37 into a 90 or 120 for extra protection

ReeferRon

ReeferRon

Bubble magic bags to make bubble. I use the 220, 160, 45 and 25. I throw out the 220, I save the 160 and 25 for edibles. I use everything that falls between 159 and 45 for full spectrum rosin.

For press bags, they are all about the same...I use a 37u, just got to be gentle so you don't get blowouts. You can stuff your 37 into a 90 or 120 for extra protection
Hey man thank you very much for all the info. You have taught me ten things today..That's really cool... What you say makes sense, all the time and care I take to harvest my plants. What's a few more days and few more steps for quality? I've decided to go the bubble bag route for sure. I kind of have a deal with the wife that I will only squish the trim and larf so making bubble first is really the only logical choice. (Don't tell the wife but I made sure these plants had lots of larf on purpose...) Cant help it I'm hooked to the dabs...lol

Top Bottom