New to the forum Hi everyone!

• Thread starter Baconhead
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Baconhead

Baconhead

Wrap a towel or something around the pots to warm the root zones.
Get the light at 20 inches over the tops.
You do not need a pH meter in soil if its mixed correctly.
Don't let it get below 50 if at all possible.
Ok I dont have to move anything out until Sunday
I normally picked the pot up and see how heavy it was. You want the roots to grow and you want the coco to be 50% moist at all time.
I wouldn't water to drain right now as its pointless. Water more frequently but just a bit as the roots of those seedlings are as big as it self.

The bigger plant needs to get watered to drain.
Thanks for the tip on the bigger one
I normally picked the pot up and see how heavy it was. You want the roots to grow and you want the coco to be 50% moist at all time.
I wouldn't water to drain right now as its pointless. Water more frequently but just a bit as the roots of those seedlings are as big as it self.

The bigger plant needs to get watered to drain.
Wish I could just keep them inside sadly I can't not enough room in house so i will keep towels in mind for when the tent arrives or a seedling heat pad might work idk if it would be smart seems like a big fire hazard so towels it is plus the tent should lock in some heat from the light hopefully.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
why wait for tent, just cover the pots with a towel and help it warm up.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Seedling mat is a good idea.
Or an old electric blanket under plastic to prevent it getting wet.

Baconhead

Baconhead

Seedling mat is a good idea.
Or an old electric blanket under plastic to prevent it getting wet.
I was thinking seedling mat because the tent I bought has a removable bottom I can slide it in but idk scared of fire think I'm gonna try the towel thing first and if it doesn't work doesn't leave me any choice but to buy a mat

Static23

Static23

The tent is going in my shed I made enough money to get a tent and I have a little left to try and solve the heating problem
Those temps are gonna be problem. You can keep them alive for sure, but your growth rate, overall plant size, and yield are all gonna suffer!

Baconhead

Baconhead

Those temps are gonna be problem. You can keep them alive for sure, but your growth rate, overall plant size, and yield are all gonna suffer!
The weather has been getting a little better last couple days but still to cold I know March is the perfect weather where I am but that's a month away and I've already started wich sucks.i really hope the 3 seedlings start doing good I'm going to be devastated if all of them turn out small and skimpy :/

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

The weather has been getting a little better last couple days but still to cold I know March is the perfect weather where I am but that's a month away and I've already started wich sucks.i really hope the 3 seedlings start doing good I'm going to be devastated if all of them turn out small and skimpy :/
They are stalled. They will come back to life with warmer temps.
How much space do you have? What kind of shed?

Static23

Static23

Iā€™m not gonna sugar coat it! If those are autos, theres good chance they are not going to be all they can be. Autos donā€™t like a lot of stress because they donā€™t have as much time to recover as photos. Keep them alive and see how many pretty flowers they can give you. Any amount of flower you get should be considered a win! Learn from it and do better next time. Enjoy it!

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Iā€™m not gonna sugar coat it! If those are autos, theres good chance they are not going to be all they can be. Autos donā€™t like a lot of stress because they donā€™t have as much time to recover as photos. Keep them alive and see how many pretty flowers they can give you. Any amount of flower you get should be considered a win! Learn from it and do better next time. Enjoy it!
True. Autos can be very finiky.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
The tent is going in my shed I made enough money to get a tent and I have a little left to try and solve the heating problem
get a 50 dollar heater from amazon or your local hardware store and heat up the place.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Can you get sandbags? Can you fill them cheap or free? Stack them 3 wide around your shed to just under the roof line. That will stabilize the temps for summer and winter. A small heater for winter is probably all you will need then. Go out to the woods and fill them up.

Static23

Static23

get a 50 dollar heater from amazon or your local hardware store and heat up the place.
TempImageTPUm3B

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

If you can add dirt or sandbags around the outside of the shed, it will stay warmer inside, and cooler in the summer.
That means less electricity for heating or cooling.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: PK1
Static23

Static23

Can you get sandbags? Can you fill them cheap or free? Stack them 3 wide around your shed to just under the roof line. That will stabilize the temps for summer and winter. A small heater for winter is probably all you will need then. Go out to the woods and fill them up.
My shed is spacious not good with measurements but I would say 8 wide by 10 long
80sq ft That's about the same amount of space that I have. You can do some wonderful things with that much space.

Latest posts

Top Bottom