New Type Of Led's

• Thread starter GORT
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Would you use these LED's?

• Total voters
Anthem

Anthem

You might want to check out budgetgrowlight.com I think they have great products and their customer support is really good
They have a 3 year warranty and use really good components
But I think the difference is their customer service
Bedgetgrowlights.com appears to be a USA made product. One thing I did notice it that they do not publish their PPF and Efficiency numbers. You will find these to be of importance's when comparing LED lights. Most of the import lights use PAR for comparison, which only tells part of the story. You also have to take into consideration the PPF and Efficiency numbers. All three of the lights I mentioned publish the PPF and Efficiency numbers. They are surprisingly similar. PPF is around 1700 umol/s and Efficiency is 2.5 umol's. I have used both the Gavita and Growers Choice products and they both appear to be excellent at producing flower.

MarsHydroLED

MarsHydroLED

Premium Member
Supporter
You must know here is no 60w light can hold a 4x4tent. If you decide to use LED lights in the 4x4 area, want to get decent light, your budget should not be less than $400. I'd like to recommend you the TS3000, 450w, like a beast, white color full-spectrum light. The USA price is 440usd, not expensive, but not cheap. Here is the short information:

Actual Power: 450W+/ -5%@ 100--277V
Coverage: Veg: 5’x5’(150x150cm); Bloom: 4’x4’(120x120cm)
Average Yields: 1.5g/W
PPE: 2.1-- 2.35umol/J

You can check with @Timbo0716 growing, the first grower I know use TS3000 here, about 40days in flower now.

Last edited:
Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

You must know here is no 60w light can hold a 4x4tent. If you decide to use LED lights in the 4x4 area, want to get decent light, your budget should not be less than $400. I'd like to recommend you the TS3000, 450w, like a beast, white color full-spectrum light. The USA price is 440usd, not inexpensive, but not cheap. Here is the short information:

Actual Power: 450W+/ -5%@ 100--277V
Coverage: Veg: 5’x5’(150x150cm); Bloom: 4’x4’(120x120cm)
Average Yields: 1.5g/W
PPE: 2.1-- 2.35umol/J

You can check with @Timbo0716 growing, the first grower I know use TS3000 here, about 40days in flower now.

Or they could spend that moment on actually high quality led lights

MarsHydroLED

MarsHydroLED

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah, that's mainly the R&D department things. Also, why always laugh? bad feelings☹

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

No i would not! I have a 4×4 tent and use a 2 cycle 600w led, home depo makes a great grow tent called hydro crunch a very good tent at reasonable price. They allso sell fairly cheap 2 cycle led cob light.

Timbo0716

Timbo0716

49 days in flower under a TS3000. Very satisfied with the unit, its a beast of a light. Growing in a 4X4 spare bedroom closet. The closet is upstairs and made it easy for me to vent into my attic . I have 6 plants under it at this moment, little crowded....lol
next grow will be 5 plants. Should harvest close to Xmas or new years, very exciting! The smell coming from them is just amazing.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

If you wanted the best bang for your buck, I would look into DIY COB or DIY quantum boards. Probably the cheapest option for getting the most light per watt, and being able to build it to suit your needs.

I've used both Budmaster and also Advanced LED and both are great panels, but not "inexpensive".

I went the DIY cob route. I purchased 50 watt 110v driverless cobs from China. I have about $2.00 per chip invested. My last light has 16 cobs mounted on 6 heatsinks and cooled with industrial type 120v fans. I probably have $150 in that light. If you like DIY and feel comfortable building one, it's not a bad way to go. I'm still building my hydroponics unit so no plants to show just yet.

Home made LED light
Parts
Grow light
Timbo0716

Timbo0716

I went the DIY cob route. I purchased 50 watt 110v driverless cobs from China. I have about $2.00 per chip invested. My last light has 16 cobs mounted on 6 heatsinks and cooled with industrial type 120v fans. I probably have $150 in that light. If you like DIY and feel comfortable building one, it's not a bad way to go. I'm still building my hydroponics unit so no plants to show just yet.
Very nice light you have made there dude! I love that setup..

Saticoy

Saticoy

Apparently no one paid attention I used one br 30 feit grow light and am now in the flowering stage. The L.E.D. I used was cheap like 20$. I just wanted to try it out and got good results. so I bought another to see what 2 was capable of. But here are 3 of plants that one light was on at the same time. Surprisingly here is what those lights can do.

Saticoy

Saticoy

I know there are pros on here talking down on these lights but hey one light by itself actually worked on 3 indoor plants together now over 2 ft high each, not including the pots. I kept the light about 20” above them. Now flowering with 12/12 cycle

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I know there are pros on here talking down on these lights but hey one light by itself actually worked on 3 indoor plants together now over 2 ft high each, not including the pots. I kept the light about 20” above them. Now flowering with 12/12 cycle View attachment 920339

It's not the LED light that I don't like. It's the price of it. It's over priced in my eyes. I bought six 4' LED t-8 lights from Amazon for .00. The one's I bought use 42 watts per tube. (6 x 42 = 252 watts for essentially the same price) The light displayed by the original poster uses 60 watts for the whole fixture.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QWV1THV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

BTW, nice looking plants.

Last edited:
BloodShot

BloodShot

Apparently no one paid attention I used one br 30 feit grow light and am now in the flowering stage. The L.E.D. I used was cheap like 20$. I just wanted to try it out and got good results. so I bought another to see what 2 was capable of. But here are 3 of plants that one light was on at the same time. Surprisingly here is what those lights can do.View attachment 920331
Will be interesting to see how they take you into and through flowering, will you be adding more?

Saticoy

Saticoy

Will be interesting to see how they take you into and through flowering, will you be adding more?
No this is strictly trial but I do have a 4 week old plant I am using two of those lights on by it self. Just trying for test purposes, eventually I will get a more expensive light system but for now I am using these br 30 feit grow lights and when I am done getting this harvest It will help me invest in better lights etc... but I gotta start from the bottom of the ladder for now. And all 3 of my plants are already flowering. Just receiving there pistils on top of the colas about yesterday been on 12/12 cycles for 2 weeks now

Last edited:
Saticoy

Saticoy

Here is how feit made this LED, kind of weird but so far it worked. Has both red and blue spectrum in it.

B

Burned Haze

(You did ask?) If it was me...Don’t buy old tech based led’s, or fan based , or purples , or china’s
You gotta gotta pay to play, but you will gain in not paying for (40% less In a/c and no replacement in reflector and the light is 100% direct down instead of 360 , hints why hps need reflectors , hps = waste + way harder to work under )

I am running the top led chips ( osram from spydrx,plus quantum board = HLG & Vero29 COB from Timber LED) Timber led’s For costumer support, the durability of the frame and light itself and heat ratio is superior for example timber led’s Only brought canopy temps by 1-2 degrees where spydrx brought the temps by 4-6f, imagine if you had 100’s of lights ( that would add up) de hps = 6-10f easy . I love my timbers ( their price is great vs the competition, I wish I went 100% them)

Saticoy

Saticoy

So I brought my girls out for photos 4 weeks into flowering and they are really filling in check it out some of my pistils are purple. So far experimenting with these cheep lights is working ok.

E57C4E30 6738 44DE 85A5 B8F9D6D18479
42DB1A1D F2E8 431E A699 5DB3FAF1D5B0
B39F64DF DBA6 4510 8756 A1D7BF1C7875
basscaptain

basscaptain

I have those Cobs also

Latest posts

Top Bottom