• Tagged users None
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter

put buds into bowl into the freezer..
New updated 2023 qwiso methods etc

New updated 2023 qwiso methods etc 2

thread is locked as i’m posting more vids in a few minutes..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
made another batch and of course something happened 😡 spilt some when i placed on coffee warmer in wrong container,.. thinking i lost 3-4 grams while most likely adding in dust while trying to collect up,. but worked out great just wish i had more,..

IMG 0618

IMG 0651

after all was put into container i out it on the coffee warmer and noticed tiny bubbles so i left until bubbles were gone and surface was smooth,..
took an hour as heat was not on high,..
IMG 0670

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
well this qwiso project turned into creating a full melt hash,.. used 2 jars of slurricane buds,. put them into the freezer for breaking up later on
IMG 0901
IMG 0903
IMG 0905

while breaking up buds gently i collected a bit of resin for finger hash,. damn was it tasty!,.
than put weed into jars and back into the freezer
IMG 0926
IMG 0927
IMG 0928

forgot to take a pic or two but after a few hours i did a 50 second shake and poured through strainer lined with cheese cloth as in previous videos,. than mix back into freezer to let sediment settle, usually 5-6 hours, than start to filter through 2 coffee filters undisturbed and changed regularly
IMG 0932
IMG 0937
IMG 0941
IMG 0943
IMG 0947

i let the above sit over night and there was a tiny bit of fine sediment so i filtered again using 3 filters at a time and undisturbed and changed regularly
IMG 0949
IMG 0950

pour mix into dish or tray, cover to protect from dust and let evaporate using a fan,. once the amount of iso was very little i added in a seedling heat mat as its temp ranges from 75-85 and isopropyl boiling point is 83 so i though perfect,. left it overnight
IMG 0955
IMG 0958
IMG 0964
when the iso was no longer visible i put into the fridge while i did other work than i removed from fridge to spread out thinly on a dab mat on top of the heating mat to remove remaining iso,
IMG 0966
IMG 0967

IMG 0968

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter

IMG 0974

once spread out i let sit for 7 hours to “dry” out on heat mat
IMG 0977

IMG 0990

i than started to collect it up in small amounts and hands pressed slowly wearing nitrile gloves letting the heat from my hands bind it together and than added more until i got it all in a ball, than i removed the gloves and continued gently hand pressing until it was completely bonded together, took about an hour or so hand pressing,..
IMG 0993
IMG 0991

more pressing
IMG 0994
IMG 1010

more pressing
IMG 1015

more pressing and finished,..
IMG 1019

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

You got a 25 % return on weight? Is that good?? If I paid attention you started with two ounces and ended up with a half ounce if you count the finger hash. That seems pretty awesome. Excellent step by step, very informative.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
You got a 25 % return on weight? Is that good?? If I paid attention you started with two ounces and ended up with a half ounce if you count the finger hash. That seems pretty awesome. Excellent step by step, very informative.
i’d say around 4 ounces maybe a bit more,.. generally with i’d say bubble washing/sifting etc a 10% return for full melt is the common average,. i got 14-15 grams x 10% is 5 ounces give or take,. so pretty much on target,..

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Nice! Third way to wind up with hash! I thought it would remain in the oil form. Do you think it will be a purer hash, then the wet or dry sifting hash? Let us know how they stack up! It looks like, maybe the easier way to make it of all three! Do you do a second wash? Or is it not worth it?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Nice! Third way to wind up with hash! I thought it would remain in the oil form. Do you think it will be a purer hash, then the wet or dry sifting hash? Let us know how they stack up! It looks like, maybe the easier way to make it of all three! Do you do a second wash? Or is it not worth it?
i only ever do one wash no matter the length of shake time,. well chunky i guess you kinda can kinda think of it as another method,. i wasn’t trying to create it, though usually when i do this method without the heating mat it’ll come out like glue or shatter like, once maybe twice i’ve had this happen, last time i was thinking it was the length of time exposed to air while being respread out thinly over a few weeks,.
i think the short wash time combined with a very very resinous buds and the addition of the heating mat (first time using) helped speed up the process without compromising anything,.
though like you, working with this stuff for hash joints is kinda sticky,..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
i only ever do one wash no matter the length of shake time,. well chunky i guess you kinda can kinda think of it as another method,. i wasn’t trying to create it, though usually when i do this method without the heating mat it’ll come out like glue or shatter like, once maybe twice i’ve had this happen, last time i was thinking it was the length of time exposed to air while being respread out thinly over a few weeks,.
i think the short wash time combined with a very very resinous buds and the addition of the heating mat (first time using) helped speed up the process without compromising anything,.
though like you, working with this stuff for hash joints is kinda sticky,..
View attachment 2114640
mmm was thinking while using the lighter was i could do that than press the heated area onto a rolling paper,.. gonna try that next doobie

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Sweet! Somebody asked me to make them some THC liniment. For topical use. I haven’t checked Google or YouTube yet. Have you ever made anything in that form ? For sore muscles and arthritis and such. Yeah I know it’s kind of sticky! And kind of stony! Better get off my ass, and do some research!

Top Bottom