NEW ViparSpectra XS1500 PRO Grow

• Thread starter Observationist
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Observationist

Observationist

Thing is damn sturdy, brighter than my other 150w fixture it seems.

Sosen driver.

Daisy.

Dimmer.

Lm281b+ though.

Don't know if 3, 4 or 6000k yet, gotta look through again.

Leds are lensed/covered so I like that.

Average_Joegrow

Average_Joegrow

Not hating, but I’m not sure how I feel. Was also supposed to be testing these lights and just followed up with an email saying they were going to drop and then they would send me two of these my way as soon as they did. Then find out that there are now several “influencers” on this site alone. Seems like soon every post is going to have the same “thread title”.?. Is it a “take over” from the inside? 🤔

Observationist

Observationist

Not hating, but I’m not sure how I feel. Was also supposed to be testing these lights and just followed up with an email saying they were going to drop and then they would send me two of these my way as soon as they did. Then find out that there are now several “influencers” on this site alone. Seems like soon every post is going to have the same “thread title”.?. Is it a “take over” from the inside? 🤔
Very interesting.

Like they are subsidizing our little grows for some insights, using their lights.

I cant see how valuable this anecdotal information could be.

Well, definitely winning the advertisement game lol.

Besides all this other stuff, the lights seem pretty decent quality though.

We shall see.

Average_Joegrow

Average_Joegrow

Very interesting.

Like they are subsidizing our little grows for some insights, using their lights.

I cant see how valuable this anecdotal information could be.

Well, definitely winning the advertisement game lol.

Besides all this other stuff, the lights seem pretty decent quality though.

We shall see.
Definitely committed to bringing recognition to their brand and cornering the market ✌️😊💚

Smokey0418

Smokey0418

Thing is damn sturdy, brighter than my other 150w fixture it seems.

Sosen driver.

Daisy.

Dimmer.

Lm281b+ though.

Don't know if 3, 4 or 6000k yet, gotta look through again.

Leds are lensed/covered so I like that.
They do look interesting for a smaller set up.

Enjoy and good luck with your grow.

Here are the XS1500 PRO Key Features for your referece:
1.Unique LENS Designed:
Highly Centralized and Uniform intensity, Not waste any PPFD;
2.Top Models of Top Brands Diodes:
Samsung LM281B+ Led, which provide high PAR output, high energy efficiency and long lifespan.
3.Perfect fit in 2x2 tent:
The PPFD in a 2x2 tent is from 900 to 1000 μmol/m²/s, which meet the flowering needs of each plants in each corner. XS Pro Series bring big earns to every grower.
4.Even PAR Distribution:
The Ave. PPFD is 942 umol/㎡/s. Boost Yields to Higher Level;
5.Excellent Usable PPE: 2.34 umol/J;
6.Amazing Usable PPF: 351 umol/s;
7.Optimized Full Spectrum:
Stimulate photosynthesis, boost efficiency & yields;
8.Dimmer Knob:
Easy to change your light intensity as needed, from anywhere between 5% to 100%.
9.Dimming Daisy Chain:
Control up to 20 lights. Save your time;
10.UL DRIVER: High Power Efficiency.

Novaracer69

Novaracer69

They do look interesting for a smaller set up.

Enjoy and good luck with your grow.

Here are the XS1500 PRO Key Features for your referece:
1.Unique LENS Designed:
Highly Centralized and Uniform intensity, Not waste any PPFD;
2.Top Models of Top Brands Diodes:
Samsung LM281B+ Led, which provide high PAR output, high energy efficiency and long lifespan.
3.Perfect fit in 2x2 tent:
The PPFD in a 2x2 tent is from 900 to 1000 μmol/m²/s, which meet the flowering needs of each plants in each corner. XS Pro Series bring big earns to every grower.
4.Even PAR Distribution:
The Ave. PPFD is 942 umol/㎡/s. Boost Yields to Higher Level;
5.Excellent Usable PPE: 2.34 umol/J;
6.Amazing Usable PPF: 351 umol/s;
7.Optimized Full Spectrum:
Stimulate photosynthesis, boost efficiency & yields;
8.Dimmer Knob:
Easy to change your light intensity as needed, from anywhere between 5% to 100%.
9.Dimming Daisy Chain:
Control up to 20 lights. Save your time;
10.UL DRIVER: High Power Efficiency.
What no meanwell driver 🤨 what a down grade 😪

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

Definitely committed to bringing recognition to their brand and cornering the market ✌️😊💚
They're not alone. I got a freebie from Ink Bird for writing a review on Amazon. They offered it in a thread here.

I agree, though, that ViparSpectra is a very competitive company. I see that as a good thing. It means they're motivated to sell products we'll like. I have three ViparSpectra lights. I haven't used any other brand, so I can't compare, but I also can't complain about the lights I have. My only issue has been understanding how powerful they are.

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

Right!! I’m actually kinda jealous!! I don’t feel special anymore 😢.lol
I think that could be a problem for any company offering freebies on a forum site. They should know that we'll talk and some of us will feel left out. I have no idea how they choose who gets stuff and who doesn't.

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

I am getting the same lights, they asked me not to post them till they go on sale, maybe the want to stagger the release. They look like nice lights though. I will have 2 in my 2x4

Average_Joegrow

Average_Joegrow

I am getting the same lights, they asked me not to post them till they go on sale, maybe the want to stagger the release. They look like nice lights though. I will have 2 in my 2x4
Same thing. I was told that I would get mine as soon as they go up on Amazon. I’m cool with that. Gives me a chance to do a side by side comparison of nutrients. Going to run same everything in a 2x4 except nutes. Going to be Athena Blended Line and General Hydroponics 3 part. See which one is better. ✌️😊💚

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

I used two XS2000s in my 2x4 tent and now I think it was too much light for the tent. ViparSpectra recommends using one. I thought the additional light dispersion from two lights would be an advantage, and it probably is. After burning my plants, however, I'm thinking I probably should have considered that when setting the light level. I used power meters so I could set the light level precisely. The levels shown in the picture are about 60% for each light, but was way too much light for the plants. I'm sure that the XS1500s will be better in a 2x4, though. They should fit better, too. The XS2000s barely fit and I kept bumping the dimmer knobs and accidentally changing the settings. Having the digital information is a nice visual that helps me keep them set correctly. For my next grow, I'm only going to use one XS2000.

Top Bottom