Newb to tent growing

• Thread starter Littlelacey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Littlelacey

3 weeks isn't that long. Can you see the roots in the clear cup?
Yes. They’re starting to fill
Up the cup I’d say. I’ll take a pic this evening if the roots after I get home from work

Pilted

Pilted

Okay so I thought about it for a minute, you said you lost 5 plants in first grow, suspected it to be the soil, your roots being lazy, leaves color looks good but it's clawing badly.

Are you PH ing your water when feeding? If not do you know what the water you are using pH is? This could be a PH issues, just my thoughts.

L

Littlelacey

Okay so I thought about it for a minute, you said you lost 5 plants in first grow, suspected it to be the soil, your roots being lazy, leaves color looks good but it's clawing badly.

Are you PH ing your water when feeding? If not do you know what the water you are using pH is? This could be a PH issues, just my thoughts.
I don’t. I do have a tester at home now though as I wondered if that might be my issue after the first time as well. However, I’ve had a few people tell me that my tap water should be at a good level. I will test tonight though. I will also test my soil.

OldManGrower

OldManGrower

I agree that you need to measure the ph of the water each time you feed, which may explain the problem you are having. Normally a ph between 5.8 - 6.3 is recommended, but everyone has an opinion about the right ph.

I also saw you mentioning that you are not using nutrients. I've done about 10 grows indoors. I use Emerald Harvest nutrients. Again, everyone will have an opinion about which company's nutrients to use. I've tried several and decided that the specified doses from Emerald Harvest works perfectly for me. Per their instructions, I use their recommended nutrients for veg and bloom.

Make sure you move the LED lights to 18" when you flip to bloom.

Don't worry about being new to growing. My first grow was terrible. I've kept a log for every grow and have learned a lot from my mistakes. Best of luck to you.

deerman12

deerman12

I would start with PH, my crappy tap water is almost 9.0 out of the tap with chlorine. OldMan Grower is correct. It could be over watering and/or nutrient imbalance.

Ghost3

Ghost3

Hey everyone! Working on my second start to tent growing. Lost 5 plants my first time growing as I believe I used soil that didn’t allow for proper draining. Getting dropping on my new start though. I use LED lights and they’re currently 22 inches above. I also light for 16 hours a day. Feel free to help with any advice.
What kind of soil? And the leaves that are in the soil are going to die up. How often are you watering?

L

Littlelacey

I agree that you need to measure the ph of the water each time you feed, which may explain the problem you are having. Normally a ph between 5.8 - 6.3 is recommended, but everyone has an opinion about the right ph.

I also saw you mentioning that you are not using nutrients. I've done about 10 grows indoors. I use Emerald Harvest nutrients. Again, everyone will have an opinion about which company's nutrients to use. I've tried several and decided that the specified doses from Emerald Harvest works perfectly for me. Per their instructions, I use their recommended nutrients for veg and bloom.

Make sure you move the LED lights to 18" when you flip to bloom.

Don't worry about being new to growing. My first grow was terrible. I've kept a log for every grow and have learned a lot from my mistakes. Best of luck to you.
Thanks old man grower! Appreciate the help a lot! Looks like my pH was off quite a bit. Came in at 8.8. I’ll start testing every time and get a kit to level it off. Which emerald Harvest nutrients do you use? I see there are a few different ones.

Also, not sure how accurate my phone is as it’s getting older but my ppfd came in at around 700-800.

Ghost3

Ghost3

Roots organic soil is what they’re in. Usually about 3-4 days I water
How much are you watering on average ? Since that’s a lighter soil I’d suggest water a little more often or when you put your finger a inch in the soil it should be moist

L

Littlelacey

How much are you watering on average ? Since that’s a lighter soil I’d suggest water a little more often or when you put your finger a inch in the soil it should be moist
Okay cool. I’ve just been hesitant to water more frequently as I’ve been worried about overwatering. I’ve never stuck my finger in to test though. That’s appreciated. I’ve always wondered when my soil
Is moist enough or how to tell

DJK12

DJK12

If they are still in those clear solo cups, tape em up with black tape or something to keep the light away from the roots, roots absolutely hate it.
•Definitely adjust the pH of your water as close as you can to around 6.5
•I would use nutrients if possible, and even some mycorrhizal fungi. Looks like they Definitely need a pick me up.
•if you can order a soil moisture meter (like 9 bucks off amazon). It'll definitely help that worry of "should I water again" since you'll know approximately how moist your soil is.

DJK12

DJK12

They are ready to be up potted once the leaves start reaching the outer edges of the bag/pot they are growing in. If you could throw some of that mycorrhizal on the roots or into the hole you are transplanting in to help with transplant shock.

L

Littlelacey

If they are still in those clear solo cups, tape em up with black tape or something to keep the light away from the roots, roots absolutely hate it.
•Definitely adjust the pH of your water as close as you can to around 6.5
•I would use nutrients if possible, and even some mycorrhizal fungi. Looks like they Definitely need a pick me up.
•if you can order a soil moisture meter (like 9 bucks off amazon). It'll definitely help that worry of "should I water again" since you'll know approximately how moist your soil is.
I have the soil in clear cups and then the clear cups in red solo cups to keep out light. Got my water down to 6.3. Will start tearing every time I water. I’ll purchase a solid moisture meter as well! Appreciate the help!

Top Bottom