newbie (2nd grow ever) trying out new hybrid led. please comment

• Thread starter 40z2fr33dom
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

40z2fr33dom

Ok.
I've only ever grown with led. I'm very much still a newbie, but I have already completed 1 grow all on my own without anyone's help, with an unknown strain, and with a half-assed led light that I purchased from ebay :banghead:. it wasn't that cheap either :shifty:. Anyway here's pics of my first grow.

As you can see the plant was growing too tall and I was forced to snap the top :inpain: but the lil sucker kept growing upwards. I ended up with a total 38 grams dry weight from the plant. Its very obvious that I harvested WAY too early :meh:. my 60x mag lens did not arrive till after I decided to harvest.

nutes in veg were general hydro trio plus root stimulator and kelp. I did do all 4 waterings in veg with superthrive but for some reason I didn't like using the ST so I dropped it.
during flower the trio was also used for a couple weeks until I wised up and got some hydro plant food with a hydrogen peroxide base and flora nova bloom :cool:. I also used floralicious plus concentrate with vegen plant food I got in the gen hydro start up box during my watering.
Oh yeah, cal mag was used throughout life cycle and plant was flushed right before being flipped to flower

Newbie 2nd grow ever trying out new hybrid led please comment
Newbie 2nd grow ever trying out new hybrid led please comment 2
Newbie 2nd grow ever trying out new hybrid led please comment 3
Newbie 2nd grow ever trying out new hybrid led please comment 4
Newbie 2nd grow ever trying out new hybrid led please comment 5
Newbie 2nd grow ever trying out new hybrid led please comment 6
Newbie 2nd grow ever trying out new hybrid led please comment 7
Newbie 2nd grow ever trying out new hybrid led please comment 8
Newbie 2nd grow ever trying out new hybrid led please comment 9
Newbie 2nd grow ever trying out new hybrid led please comment 10

40z2fr33dom

here's the plant currently in progress from the start. for the first almost MONTH I (1/20 to 2/16) was still using the led from the last grow. it was struggling bad. In my opinion the plant was on the verge of dying. this strain is northern lights auto from nirvana. first pic is at 1/22, 2nd at 2/2, 3rd at 2/11, 4th pic was the last day under old COB LED light on 2/16. you can see the plants struggle to live under this light :watching:

SAM 1061
SAM 1070
SAM 1090

40z2fr33dom

time for my new LED. Second Sun Lab's Top Shelf mx600 hybrid led :D. installed and running the evening of 2/17 when I got home from work. pics are from 2/19

SAM 1097
SAM 1098

40z2fr33dom

now I now ive been jumping around on the dates with my pix but I have not been at home or in town due to my job. Always good to have someone at home who can follow instructions when your gone on business ;). ill make sure to take pics more frequently. but bottom line.... this light kicks ass! :woot: I couldn't tell u the ratio between the veg, flower, and the uv/ir that I turned them up to because they gradually changed everyday. pics are from 3/1 when I got back home.

SAM 1140
SAM 1142
SAM 1144
SAM 1146

40z2fr33dom

pics from 3/7. check out the nodes :happy:. incredibly tight. all ive done is tuck the larger fan leaves for more canopy penetration but im not so sure its a problem :cool:. Forgot to mention last post that I was experiencing a bad ph problem during my leave from home. I could tell by the twisted leaf tips through a cannabis diagnosis.

SAM 1148
SAM 1150
SAM 1151

40z2fr33dom

now the more up-to-date pix. 3/10. guess I should state ive been growing in a 2x2 tent. I just ordered a new tent. slightly taller and more wide but same depth to able the tent to fit in the closet.

SAM 1177
SAM 1184
SAM 1183
SAM 1181
SAM 1186
SAM 1187
Elements11

Elements11

Your first and second run look great. Good luck! Any chance of a picture of this new hybrid led light?
Peace. E~

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Pretty impressive stuff :D Ive heard alot of people using led to supplement lighting but never just LED grow... Doap :D

40z2fr33dom

got a question/lil problem that maybe you guys can help me with... im getting a couple brown patches on 2 sets of leaves. I haven't gone through diagnosis yet, but what are your guys thoughts? pics are from today 3/12

SAM 1193
SAM 1190
SAM 1191
SAM 1192
SAM 1197
SAM 1200

40z2fr33dom

pics of the old led. now that I think about it, I might throw it in with the new tent to supplement to flowering. we'll see in the next coming days

SAM 1208
SAM 1209

40z2fr33dom

new grow im starting. autoflowering jock horror. im trying soil. 50/50 mix of fox farm's ocean forest and happy frog with about a pound of hot mix soil on the bottom of the 3 gallon smart pot. I have no idea how to water soil plants at all so I got a 3 pack of hydro spikes. I made sure the ph on the r/o water is at 6.8. supposedly I won't have to add anything but water the entire grow with the hot mix. so far so good

SAM 1206
SAM 1207

40z2fr33dom

from what ive researched hydro has incredible yield compared to soil but with soil you get that extra quality. plus the stuff im using for the soil is all organic :happy:.
ive had the original jack herrer from the local dispensary, so ill have somewhat of an idea how to compare the jock horror auto

Top Bottom