Newbie here ready to roll

• Thread starter Tyrant
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

ok i’m not sure about lux stuff i just look at my plants to see how they are reacting and adjust..
meaning don’t be blasting them with lots of light..
He’s going by something like this;
B273B2A5 F244 4149 BF13 EE8D041A19B5

T

Tyrant

ok i’m not sure about lux stuff i just look at my plants to see how they are reacting and adjust..
meaning don’t be blasting them with lots of light..
From what I've read and research lux for veg phase can be anywhere from 15000 to 40000 so as just starting veg I have slowly been increasing the light they get.and still under the veg recommendations.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

From what I've read and research lux for veg phase can be anywhere from 15000 to 40000 so as just starting veg I have slowly been increasing the light they get.and still under the veg recommendations.
Do you have some way of measuring the light coming from your lamp? Tent Buddy or comparable app can do that for you. I suggest you download it if you haven't.

Ideal PPFD ranges are:

Clones and seedlings: 200 - 400
Veg: 400 - 600
Flower: 600 - 900

As long as you can keep your light output in these ranges through their growth stages you won't have to worry about whether you have too much or not enough light.

You can also revert to the chart below to be in the ballpark if you don't want to or can't download an app.

Cob lux distance watttage

Last edited:
E

Edinburg

My light says 600w but it's not pushing nearly that, however it has worked well for small grows of 2 or 3 plants, if you want an accurate light go with mh & hps but again it's a trade off bc a mh light uses much more electricity and throws off much more heat, in my limited experience with lights there are only 2 company's that make good inexpensive lights and those are Viperspectra & Spider Farmer, however if you want to go old school you can get a mh hps rig dirt cheap bc everyone is going with led.

T

Tyrant

Do you have some way of measuring the light coming from your lamp? Tent Buddy or comparable app can do that for you. I suggest you download it if you haven't.

Ideal PPFD ranges are:

Clones and seedlings: 200 - 400
Veg: 400 - 600
Flower: 600 - 900

As long as you can keep your light output in these ranges through their growth stages you won't have to worry about whether you have too much or not enough light.

You can also revert to the chart below to be in the ballpark if you don't want to or can't download an app.

View attachment 1348801
That's actually the chart I go by I downloaded the lux app on my phone I know it's not ideal but it's what I have at the moment.

T

Tyrant

My light says 600w but it's not pushing nearly that, however it has worked well for small grows of 2 or 3 plants, if you want an accurate light go with mh & hps but again it's a trade off bc a mh light uses much more electricity and throws off much more heat, in my limited experience with lights there are only 2 company's that make good inexpensive lights and those are Viperspectra & Spider Farmer, however if you want to go old school you can get a mh hps rig dirt cheap bc everyone is going with led.
I have 2 lights that say there 1000 watt but I'm sure there only about 150 each.

T

Tyrant

So wierd the exact same strian but 2 different looks . I belive the tall one is ready to top. Get better pics tommorrow.

20230418 222437
20230418 222432
cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ Indica
Supporter
So wierd the exact same strian but 2 different looks . I belive the tall one is ready to top. Get better pics tommorrow.
Leaves are clawing I would not top your plants. If you try to do too much you will kill it, you arr the biggest danger to your plant as a beginner. Try to do as little as possible. If you must top then get them healthy first or they will herm on you. These are photoperiods right?

Top Bottom