Newbie here ready to roll

• Thread starter Tyrant
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Tyrant

Absolutely no reason to ph your water then unless the ph of your RO water is magically 9 somehow lol.
The water comes outta the river goes threw 3 filters a softner a uv light and then the ro system so should be pretty good.

A

Alwispy

Actually I find that knowing the ph of both the h20 before and after ferts along with testing run off is another aid to dial everything in perfectly. If I’m changing anything out differently or see plant problems I like to know that the basics are ok first, meters are a godsend ! Once you know all the basics growing parameters are met then further investigation is easier at least for me. My minimum arsenal consists of a Bluelab multi meter, a light Par meter and watt meter. These couple items have really helped me take the guesswork out of growing. Over time raw intuitiveness with the plants develops like many peeps here have. Good luck and have fun 🥳
Cheers

T

Tyrant

So here is my next question and I dont know the terms so ima have to descrip it. On each node there's 4 sets of branches off the main stem. 1 on each side go up on an angle producing new growth and then one directly under those that go striaght out and only is a fan leaf off the main stem. Can I cut those ones that go straight out qith just the fan leaves off so light can get threw or is that wrong?

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

So here is my next question and I dont know the terms so ima have to descrip it. On each node there's 4 sets of branches off the main stem. 1 on each side go up on an angle producing new growth and then one directly under those that go striaght out and only is a fan leaf off the main stem. Can I cut those ones that go straight out qith just the fan leaves off so light can get threw or is that wrong?
Id just leave it alone, based on photos there isnt a reason to defoliate. Plenty of light gets through.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Ok perfect ill leave it that's all I needed I guess why stunt growth if you don't need too
Defoliating is as much art as it is technique. There's a balance you want to strike between air and light moving through the canopy and keeping as many leaves as you can while you do this. I like to keep my plants fairly sparse with leaves as I think air and light moving through them is worth sacrificing leaves but this run I let them fill out until day 20 of flip then I did a hard defoliation. I was worried I might get mold from so much wet leaf matter being so dense but once I cleared out the leaf material to my satisfaction, I realized that everything came out clean with no mold and the plants seemed to really like not being pruned constantly. I'm guessing that every time you prune you sort of shock and stunt them so you lose a little growth time before they bounce back.

Final trim back. It's hard to see from this angle but I can see the floor of the tent from the top looking down around most of the branches. This means plenty of light and air can circulate reducing any mold issues and giving the plants lots of photon exposure all the way down to the net level.

T

Tyrant

Defoliating is as much art as it is technique. There's a balance you want to strike between air and light moving through the canopy and keeping as many leaves as you can while you do this. I like to keep my plants fairly sparse with leaves as I think air and light moving through them is worth sacrificing leaves but this run I let them fill out until day 20 of flip then I did a hard defoliation. I was worried I might get mold from so much wet leaf matter being so dense but once I cleared out the leaf material to my satisfaction, I realized that everything came out clean with no mold and the plants seemed to really like not being pruned constantly. I'm guessing that every time you prune you sort of shock and stunt them so you lose a little growth time before they bounce back.

Final trim back. It's hard to see from this angle but I can see the floor of the tent from the top looking down around most of the branches. This means plenty of light and air can circulate reducing any mold issues and giving the plants lots of photon exposure all the way down to the net level.

View attachment 1958934
I wish lol mine will never look like that haha

Tremojem

Tremojem

Just a tip...

Only post pics of plants using natural light or flash. Never use plant grow light. It makes it so hard to diagnose plant health.

Looks like your getting the hang of it.

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Tips look good. Last set of leaves only one or two fingers a little deformed.

You know how I hate your light but it looks like you did something as the pics are better. 👍

The red makes things harder to see. It makes your bottom leaves darker so hard to tell if to much N until much later, for example. 😝

T

Tyrant

Tips look good. Last set of leaves only one or two fingers a little deformed.

You know how I hate your light but it looks like you did something as the pics are better. 👍

The red makes things harder to see. It makes your bottom leaves darker so hard to tell if to much N until much later, for example. 😝
I tried it on a different setting for pics obviously this one nit good either haha

Top Bottom