Newbie here ready to roll

• Thread starter Tyrant
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bdubs

I noticed a small rise in PPM before some burning. It was only when the PPM jumped 200 that I saw burning the next morning and lowered nutes. Had I been smarter, I could have used that initial PPM increase as a signal to drop nutes before any burn took place, but I ignored it. But, that jump was after a one night sleep. So, I can imagine in soil that it is no different. Plant is telling us to lower nutes and increase bloom.

If I were in soil, I’d be checking runoff every 2 days and lowering nutes on feeds. The plant rejects nutes and burns drinking only water and then (in soil) ever increasing deposits and further PPM.
Hydro the nutes get washed out and soil wants to retain nutes if it nute locks. There should be plenty of nutes in the soil if you have this deal going on. As if you spike to 2.2EC or something where are the nutes at that a hydro bucket disposes of on a water swap? Stays in there.

I don’t know how you combat this late in flower in soil but I can only assume that tap water and some bloom could be fed and retain a lot of other core nutes from the soil still.

More of a question. I am learning soil and hydro, but only working hydro. So when I get to that point, is that the correct action when you get to late flower w/ nute burn ppm increase?

T

Tyrant

I noticed a small rise in PPM before some burning. It was only when the PPM jumped 200 that I saw burning the next morning and lowered nutes. Had I been smarter, I could have used that initial PPM increase as a signal to drop nutes before any burn took place, but I ignored it. But, that jump was after a one night sleep. So, I can imagine in soil that it is no different. Plant is telling us to lower nutes and increase bloom.

If I were in soil, I’d be checking runoff every 2 days and lowering nutes on feeds. The plant rejects nutes and burns drinking only water and then (in soil) ever increasing deposits and further PPM.
Hydro the nutes get washed out and soil wants to retain nutes if it nute locks. There should be plenty of nutes in the soil if you have this deal going on. As if you spike to 2.2EC or something where are the nutes at that a hydro bucket disposes of on a water swap? Stays in there.

I don’t know how you combat this late in flower in soil but I can only assume that tap water and some bloom could be fed and retain a lot of other core nutes from the soil still.

More of a question. I am learning soil and hydro, but only working hydro. So when I get to that point, is that the correct action when you get to late flower w/ nute burn ppm increase?
I basically did it myself I made a but of a mistake. I cut out the nitrogen which you should at this stage and I uped the pk. However I used the pk way to much which resulted in a bit of nute burn . I'm just goung stay the course but lower the pk way.down and slowly reduce to nothing for harvest. Here is a pic of the burn I got.

20230630 163420
Last edited:
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I basically did it myself I made a but of a mistake. I cut out the nitrogen which you should at this stage and I uped the pk. However I used the pk way to much which resulted in a bit of nute burn . I'm just goung stay the course but lower the pk way.down and slowly reduce to nothing for harvest. Here is a pic of the burn I got.
that’s not nute burn how close is your light?

T

Tyrant

Like 30 inches above. This didn't show up till 2 days afte3 that large pk feeding

T

Tyrant

Week 9 update. Nitrogen has been cut from feeding so at this point I'm only feeding ph perfects bloom, a small dose 1 ml per liter. I watered once in 7 days with 2 liters. Plant 2 looks closer to finishing than plant 1 how ever plant 2 is much more yielding. It smells in the tent but not really as much as I thought it would and the buds don't seem to sticky. First 8 pics are of plant 2 and last ones of plant 1. This th3 best pics I could get with my phone.

20230706 080346
20230706 080353
20230706 080530
20230706 080544
20230706 080915
20230706 081036
20230706 081038
20230706 081040
20230706 081513
20230706 081530
20230706 081602
20230706 081651
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
hopefully those plants start fading from removing the nitrogen soon ideally..
smell and stuff like that depends on a few things, so don’t go judging till the testing..
during last few weeks of flowering it’s best to do your best at not touching the buds or just fiddling around in the tent, heads can be easily damaged..
i’m guilty of mucking around in the tent when i know i shouldn’t be!..
with my grows i can barely smell anything, i have to put my nose up to the bud just to smell it, but once it’s curing it’s a strong beautiful smell whatever i grow..
i’d say most times, not all and this is just my opinion but most times if a growers room stinks of weed there’s a chance it’s because of heat stress, terpenes evaporating off..
even too low a humidity in certain situations seems be have a negative effect i found..
anyhoo..

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
smell and stuff like that depends on a few things, so don’t go judging till the testing..
during last few weeks of flowering it’s best to do your best at not touching the buds or just fiddling around in the tent, heads can be easily damaged..
with my grows i can barely smell anything, i have to put my nose up to the bud just to smell it, but once it’s curing it’s a strong beautiful smell whatever i grow..
i’d say most times, not all and this is just my opinion but most times if a growers room stinks of weed there’s a chance it’s because of heat stress, terpenes evaporating off..
even too low a humidity in certain situations seems be have a negative effect i found..
anyhoo..
100%, some days massive smells in the tent, some days ya really gotta get in there, but I rub against one of those buds and I can smell it on me until I scrub it down 5 times 😂, but during that cure, that 2.5-3 week mark really starts bringing out those aromas and the longer the better (usually) 😁

T

Tyrant

100%, some days massive smells in the tent, some days ya really gotta get in there, but I rub against one of those buds and I can smell it on me until I scrub it down 5 times 😂, but during that cure, that 2.5-3 week mark really starts bringing out those aromas and the longer the better (usually) 😁
Ya that happened to me the other day I rubbed against a few buds and then finished up and went upstairs and my wife could smell me across the room..

T

Tyrant

anyhoo..
Ok perfect good to know I'll stay outta there I guess no use checking the for amber color for a bit yet anyway. Hands off lol

T

Tyrant

Tri pics 3 pics is of Lady 2 (the smaller one) second 3 of Lady 1 (the bigger one) also i should add that lady 2 pics are of a bud I ripped off that was lower down for a bday toke on thursday lol

Screenshot 20230709 070657 USB endoscope camera for Samsung Redmi Sony Huawei
Screenshot 20230709 070555 USB endoscope camera for Samsung Redmi Sony Huawei
Screenshot 20230709 070514 USB endoscope camera for Samsung Redmi Sony Huawei
Screenshot 20230709 070110 USB endoscope camera for Samsung Redmi Sony Huawei
Screenshot 20230709 070050 USB endoscope camera for Samsung Redmi Sony Huawei
Screenshot 20230709 070010 USB endoscope camera for Samsung Redmi Sony Huawei
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Tri pics 3 pics is of Lady 2 (the smaller one) second 3 of Lady 1 (the bigger one) also i should add that lady 2 pics are of a bud I ripped off that was lower down for a bday toke on thursday lol
definitely have enter the zone.. very close!..

T

Tyrant

So like 3 days ago i pulled off a little bud to dry so i could try it on my bday and this is what she looks like.

Screenshot 20230713 212256 Gallery
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Week 10 here's pics of the small yielding one this one looks closer but don't see amber yet I dont think
i’d say your pretty much good to chop down in the next day or two..
was the bud you tried get you high, don’t worry about taste

T

Tyrant

i’d say your pretty much good to chop down in the next day or two..
was the bud you tried get you high, don’t worry about taste
Lol I fell asleep im gunna try it tonight. The other plant doesn't look as mich done as this one. I'll get pics of the other one in the morning. This one didn't yield much the other has much more.

B

Bdubs

They are ready. The trichomes are white and that means max thc/peak thc. Much further and you’ll crest and lose thc and develop amber at the tips. You can harvest whenever you want at this point. You have at least 70% orange hairs, trichomes are your indicator and they are prime.

Now, if you are looking at trichomes on the leaves, they mature slightly faster than those on the calyx’s. Remember, there are 3 types of trichomes on a marijuana plant.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
They are ready. The trichomes are white and that means max thc/peak thc. Much further and you’ll crest and lose thc and develop amber at the tips. You can harvest whenever you want at this point. You have at least 70% orange hairs, trichomes are your indicator and they are prime.

Now, if you are looking at trichomes on the leaves, they mature slightly faster than those on the calyx’s. Remember, there are 3 types of trichomes on a marijuana plant.
i agree i think you should harvest that one as well..
and get your next grow going and start it here and post everything so we can guide you through it..
one thing with this grow as you can see is nutrient burn and too much nitrogen was used during flowering,..

Top Bottom