Newbie here ready to roll

• Thread starter Tyrant
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Ya was direct. I guess I shouldn't panic yet lol. I'm poppin my cherry here it's exciting haha
Yep haha and don’t be discouraged, I’ve had some seeds not sprout (also autos) but they’ll be ok, how warm is the area they are in? I kee mine on a heating/germination pad, anything for some warmth to the soil this is about 30 hours direct sow with the heating pad

B276041C D732 41D0 91C3 178B92FCA548
0F9CC7B5 FC18 475E A4C8 D2F9C627FE0A
4C3C97BA D999 464E A883 01D7034F703E
T

Tyrant

Yep haha and don’t be discouraged, I’ve had some seeds not sprout (also autos) but they’ll be ok, how warm is the area they are in? I kee mine on a heating/germination pad, anything for some warmth to the soil this is about 30 hours direct sow with the heating pad
I could have Planted a little deep im at about 40 hours since planted. Sucks if the seeds don't grow thinfor the cost of them lol.

S

skillsnapper85

I was going to do 1000w led until I found out that for optimal use you need to have a sealed room with co2 pumping in 🤷 so I got some maxibright 300w pros

T

Tyrant

Starting day 4 no change not sprouting. I watered them down pretty good this morning ill be going away for a couple days so hopefully there up when I get back...

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Starting day 4 no change not sprouting. I watered them down pretty good this morning ill be going away for a couple days so hopefully there up when I get back...
Yeah it’s still possible they’ll come up, if there not up when you come back I’d take a pencil or something with a point and carefully move a bit of the soil where you think the seed is,

How deep do you think it’s planted roughly?

T

Tyrant

Yeah it’s still possible they’ll come up, if there not up when you come back I’d take a pencil or something with a point and carefully move a bit of the soil where you think the seed is,

I think its about an inch down. I was think they could be a bit deep so maybe taking longer to come up. If there still not up in 2 days when I get back I may try germinating my last couple seeds on paper towel then planting them.

T

Tyrant

I think its about an inch down. I was think they could be a bit deep so maybe taking longer to come up. If there still not up in 2 days when I get back I may try germinating my last couple seeds on paper towel then planting them.
I also have some fruity og kush seeds that are not autos so maybe ill try them next..

T

Tyrant

How deep should I be planting?

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
I also have some fruity og kush seeds that are not autos so maybe ill try them next..
I would give them a shot, I plant pretty shallow when I direct sow. Between 1/4 to 1/2” I usually use the butt end of a sharpie marker and poke it into the soil up to where the curve stops, and that’s what I use for a planting depth for all seeds I plant veggie seeds included

26C669E5 1FB7 4EB4 ABDB 6407B25B390C
T

Tyrant

Oh ya
I would give them a shot, I plant pretty shallow when I direct sow. Between 1/4 to 1/2” I usually use the butt end of a sharpie marker and poke it into the soil up to where the curve stops, and that’s what I use for a planting depth for all seeds I plant veggie seeds included
I was down about twice that. So that's probly what's going on..

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Also put them in a warm area like 75f+ to aid germination, and I do put a clear dome on with some small holes in it for some air exchange, once they sprout and have their first leaflets started I remove the dome

T

Tyrant

There in my boiler room so it stays quite warm in there as the heat is still on in the house. I'll leave them like this till I get back.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Oh ya

I was down about twice that. So that's probly what's going on..
That’s why I’d give them an extra day or 2, I do think you’d enjoy photos better but I started with autos myself and loved it, now I’m onto photos and so much more forgiving. But I did the same as you I spent money on seeds and wanted to use them, did the same with my first photos as well, clones from a Friend and seeds from a local shop (Barney’s farm seeds). Just started my current grow with @Trustfall genetics and wow is there a difference even in seedling and very early veg stage. Good genetics make a HUGE difference I would say if they don’t some up get those fruity OG kush seeds started, who is the breeder of those?

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
There in my boiler room so it stays quite warm in there as the heat is still on in the house. I'll leave them like this till I get back.
Awesome yeah that’s perfect my tent is in my furnace room as well

T

Tyrant

That’s why I’d give them an extra day or 2, I do think you’d enjoy photos better but I started with autos myself and loved it, now I’m onto photos and so much more forgiving. But I did the same as you I spent money on seeds and wanted to use them, did the same with my first photos as well, clones from a Friend and seeds from a local shop (Barney’s farm seeds). Just started my current grow with @Trustfall genetics and wow is there a difference even in seedling and very early veg stage. Good genetics make a HUGE difference I would say if they don’t some up get those fruity OG kush seeds started, who is the breeder of those?
I got these fat bastards and the fat bastard auto from the Quebec seed bank..

Top Bottom