Newbie here ready to roll

• Thread starter Tyrant
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Madbud

Madbud

Can anyone tell me if this soil is good to use its a generic brand.
Its 80 or 90% peat, most are. Holds water thats why you should add more perlite. Ewc is probably sterile so add some mycos, mycorrhizae promote root growth and nute uptake.

T

Tyrant

Do I take the lids off now that there up.. I was thinking I'd leave them for a while cause the room I have them in is really dry and I belive I want an rh of 75 also one of them seems a way lighter color maybe it's just hasent greened up yet as the other one was out first..

20230323 113200
20230323 113214
T

Tyrant

Ok so one leaf has started to droop down is this normal I have yet to pour an hole bunch of water in there just still using a spray bottle. Or have I sprayed it to much or I still had the domes on may its time they come off..

20230324 045248
20230324 045208
Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Ok so one leaf has started to droop down is this normal I have yet to pour an hole bunch of water in there just still using a spray bottle. Or have I sprayed it to much or I still had the domes on may its time they come off..
Just lightly spray around the stem. Or use a syringe. Make sure lights don’t cook it. Don’t need to water to edge of pot because roots won’t be there yet.

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

You said you haven’t put much water in there?

They droop if to much or to little water. I went by what you said and the pic.

The leaf curl could be anything or nothing. Strange things can happen until you get to 3rd or 4th node.

Pic only shows a zoom in of the sprout without the pot so that’s my best guess.

Pick up the pot and see if it’s light and dry or has water weight. 🤷‍♂️

No more dome at this size required.

T

Tyrant

I was just guessing from a Google search I honestly have no idea. Since they have come up yesterday I have put in about 100 ml of water in each and only misted them twice.

T

Tyrant

I was just guessing from a Google search I honestly have no idea. Since they have come up yesterday I have put in about 100 ml of water in each and only misted them twice.

ISO2BWELL

ISO2BWELL

At that size I'd take a tablespoon and soak the area 2-3" around the plant. Maybe 1/8 of
a cup. It's just a baby, so keep the area around it moist down a few inches.

Human babies are all wrinkled up too when they're born...just give these time and
they'll do fine.

T

Tyrant

At that size I'd take a tablespoon and soak the area 2-3" around the plant. Maybe 1/8 of
a cup. It's just a baby, so keep the area around it moist down a few inches.

Human babies are all wrinkled up too when they're born...just give these time and
they'll do fine.
Ok thanks I got 5 kids and I dont think they stress me out as much as my plants dieing would hahaha.

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Ok thanks I got 5 kids and I dont think they stress me out as much as my plants dieing would hahaha.
No worries. You can just lightly mist around the stem base to cover a few inches. I do that or use a syringe. 10ml/cc is fine depending on how often.

Then you start moving a little further out from the stem each week to make the roots chase the water. But alway give a bit to root ball under the stem when bigger.

You okay for the day going forward?

Last edited:
Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
seedling race begin!!!!!

IMG 7013

T

Tyrant

No worries. You can just lightly mist around the stem base to cover a few inches. I do that or use a syringe. 10ml/cc is fine depending on how often.

Then you start moving a little further out from the stem each week to make the roots chase the water. But alway give a bit to root ball under the stem when bigger.

You okay for the day going forward?
Yes all good thanks again

T

Tyrant

Good morning all. Well seedlings seem to be doing good im thinking it's time to set up grow tent I only have 1 set of lights that have come but that will do till Tuesday when the second arrives. Plus my temp/humidity Guage doesn't show till Tuesday as well so I'll just be going at it blind for a bit I guess....

Top Bottom