Newbie here ready to roll

• Thread starter Tyrant
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Tyrant

Well all set up kinda. This light I got makes no sense it says you can adjust lights colors yet there's no switches off and on is all you get. However it can be linked to the other light I have coming and I know that one has the controls, so hipefully that works. I set the light so the plants are getting roughly 5000 lux of light. I have the circulating fan on low and the inlune fan on low as well as the dehumidifier on low. Seems like a good starting point but as I said untill my gages arrive im kinda just hoping for the best hahaha. Pointers and tips appreciated.

20230325 060515
Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Just a couple more LUX settings. I find most are open to a little variation.
073512FA EB60 4D16 8A57 14B1941FD191

C5F47C53 E017 4051 86B3 40DF3DC51982

Jumping up to that pot size means you have more work watching you water right.

Getting there!👍

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Do you think I should lower my light so the lux app reads closer to 7000
Your at 5K now so give it a day and see.

I’m not a huge fan of the app LUX meters as I get different readings on different phones. I use a cheap meter.

If plants seem a little off go up or down a bit. If using an app meter take a reading with it in a place you can put down but see. Then do it again later and/or next day. If always the same...give or take a bit...use the average number and go by that. But keep notes so next time you know what numbers to trust.

That help or muddy things? 😂

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Also there's no dim switch on this light ill never hit 40,000 lux with it the way it is
If you see the two pics you’ll note one has 25k to 50k for bloom.

My point was depending on who you read/listen to you get different replies.

You need to find your sweet spot based on your equipment and trial & error. The guides for LUX don’t seem to be as good/exact as they are for PAR. But I still look for a good one. 😁

T

Tyrant

You need to find your sweet spot based on your equipment and trial & error. The guides for LUX don’t seem to be as good/exact as they are for PAR. But I still look for a good one. 😁
What are the signs my plants are not getting enough or getting to much light

T

Tyrant

Gotta get that sweet spot so I can beat cirrogi hahahaha

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

What are the signs my plants are not getting enough or getting to much light
Not enough is better than to much IMO.

To much you cook it. Turns yellow/brown fast. Dried out.

Under is better but you get stretched lanky stems. Limp or weak like over watered.

I blow on them lightly a few hours after watering and see how strong they seem. If they just rock or flutter lightly they are good. Then it’s colour and new growth check.

Pretty much same as always with me doing a light wind/breeze check. 🤣

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

BTW you have about 15 minutes to edit a post. You can add/remove or change anything. But if someone quotes it first that won’t change what he quoted.

So you could have added the @ to your last post. Just a FYI in case you didn’t know.

Edit is the three ... beside Report bottom left.

Tremojem

Tremojem

Your off to a good start. And its good to see your providing each plant with its own dedicated PC. It will benefit them greatly, as they won't have to fight for PC time, as I did in the labs at University.

Seriously, your doing fine and your biggest asset is this community. You cannot go wrong here. Many great contributors here, with a wealth of knowledge and patience.

Best to you.

T

Tyrant

Your off to a good start. And its good to see your providing each plant with its own dedicated PC. It will benefit them greatly, as they won't have to fight for PC time, as I did in the labs at University.

Seriously, your doing fine and your biggest asset is this community. You cannot go wrong here. Many great contributors here, with a wealth of knowledge and patience.

Best to you.
Thanks appreciate it. Also ya don't want the ladies to get bored so hooked them up with some wifi lol...

T

Tyrant

Hey all happy Monday and good morning. Just a quick question. I relize my seedlings are establishing roots at the moment so won't see any growth up top for a bit. My question is about roughly when would that new growth above the ground start. I would think I should see something starting in the next couple days. I'm just starting day 5 above ground.. I'll go snap a pic for the day 5 update... temp at about 24 degrees humidity at 60 percent and lux meter reading about 5500 lux.. lights are now running 18 on 6 off which ill keep to the end.. my second led is at post office but things are going good right now so I'm gunna hold off adding the second light till probly week 2. All in all I'm very happy so far.. thanks to you guys that is. This is such an amazing group and I'd like to thank you all for your advice and patience with new growers..

20230327 071820
20230327 071812
Last edited:
Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

New growth will happen soon. Try to go by weeks and not days and it’s easier.

To blurry zooming in for me but looks like second nodes already coming up. Give her two weeks and you should be happy with a little tree/bush. 🤣

T

Tyrant

New growth will happen soon. Try to go by weeks and not days and it’s easier.

To blurry zooming in for me but looks like second nodes already coming up. Give her two weeks and you should be happy with a little tree/bush. 🤣
Thanks will do my biggest issue at the moment is keeping up with the humidifier I have be using about 2 liters of water in like a 20 hour span. I'm gunna see If I can adjust by turning down the inline fan and the humidifier to hopefully keep the same numbers. I have to go away for work for the night and won't be here to top up the dehumidifier..

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Thanks will do my biggest issue at the moment is keeping up with the humidifier I have be using about 2 liters of water in like a 20 hour span. I'm gunna see If I can adjust by turning down the inline fan and the humidifier to hopefully keep the same numbers. I have to go away for work for the night and won't be here to top up the dehumidifier..
I can’t really use a humidifier at the moment so I play with the HVAC & water. I’ll put trays of water or ice and mist until flower. Stuff like that.

Another thing that worked was to put in another plant. In my case lettuce. Put out enough humidity to keep things in the 60% range.

I’m sure you can find some happy medium to make it work.

T

Tyrant

So I know I've asked this before but gunna do it again cause I wanna order this week. I can't really afford the fox farm nutes there over 100 bucks for 5hose 3 bottles. So I found these. The reviews are great but wanted your guys opinions before I waste what little cash flow I got left haha. This is not a cheap hobby... I'm assuming woth having ocean forest medium ill be adding nutes at week 3...

Screenshot 20230328 162916 Samsung Internet
Screenshot 20230328 163037 Samsung Internet
Screenshot 20230328 163044 Samsung Internet
RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Most of the cannabis centric soil offered will last from 4 - 6 weeks with clear water feeds out of the bag. You should be able to veg your plant most of the way without having to supplement with fertilizer.

I use a pretty basic formula that isn't too costly and works well for me.

General Hydroponics FloraNova Grow
General Hydroponics FloraNova Bloom

Hormex

ProTekt silicate

Advanced Nutrients Cal/Mag w Iron

pH Up and Down

For less than $150 I can do 2 runs in the 5 x 5.

Latest posts

Top Bottom