Newbie here ready to roll

• Thread starter Tyrant
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Tyrant

Most of the cannabis centric soil offered will last from 4 - 6 weeks with clear water feeds out of the bag. You should be able to veg your plant most of the way without having to supplement with fertilizer.

I use a pretty basic formula that isn't too costly and works well for me.

General Hydroponics FloraNova Grow
General Hydroponics FloraNova Bloom

Hormex

ProTekt silicate

Advanced Nutrients Cal/Mag w Iron

pH Up and Down

For less than $150 I can do 2 runs in the 5 x 5.
So the stuff I posted isn't any good?

T

Tyrant

Came home last night from work after being gone for a night. My dehumidifier ran out so humidity in tent was only like 25 percent humidity and the medium looked pretty dry. So I toppled up the humidifier and watered the ladies. I think I used about 200 ml per seedling. And this morning woke up and looked and they were still in there dark cycle but noticed one plant leaves are drooping. I'm assuming I gave it to much water last night and once she dries out a bit she will perk back up. Also heat in my tent is 27.8 celecius. That may be a touch warm. Also I wanted to ask does the ph of the water I use in my dehumidifier and pots Iof water I leave in there for humidity matter? Also sorry I post way to much and ask to many stupid questions I know. My wife says I can be over whelming at times to people.

20230329 060522
Last edited:
Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

I'm assuming I gave it to much water last night and once she dries out a bit she will perk back up.
Should, hope so.

Also heat in my tent is 27.8 celecius. That may be a touch warm.
Again it should be okay. I can’t lock in temp & humidity tight all the time either. Plants will still grow just not perfect. Just try no to kill it. 😝

Also I wanted to ask does the ph of the water I use in my dehumidifier and pots Iof water I leave in there for humidity matter?
No. Not that I’ve heard or read.

Also sorry I post way to much and ask to many stupid questions I know. My wife says I can be over whelming at times to people.
Welcome to the club. 👍

T

Tyrant

Should, hope so.

Again it should be okay. I can’t lock in temp & humidity tight all the time either. Plants will still grow just not perfect. Just try no to kill it. 😝

No. Not that I’ve heard or read.

Welcome to the club. 👍
I'm way to much of a worry wart she's already perked back up must have just been the dark cycle..

T

Tyrant

Well it's start today of week 2 for my ladies. Let's start it off with a question haha. My question is.... I got my seeds from quebec seed company and on there site they have an auto flower grow guide and for seedlings they rexoment a humidity of 70-90% and heat from 22 to 25 celcius. But to have a good vpd these ranges don't work. So is it best to strive for the vpd or should follow the seed company's recommendations??

T

Tyrant

This is the info of my strian that's in the tent..

Auto Fat Bastard infoStrain GeneticsGoldmember x Monkey Spunk x RuderalisVariety50% Sativa / 50% IndicaTHC Content32-38%CBD Content0.2%EffectsEuphoric, relaxed, couchlock, strong, tinglyMedicalStress, depression, anxiety, pain, headaches, insomniaFragrancesSweet, fruity, skunkyFlavorsFruits, skunkFlowering Time (Indoor)50-60 days / 8-9 weeksFlowering Time (Outdoor)Late September to early OctoberIndoor Yield350-400g/m²Outdoor Yield500-600g/plantSexFeminizedFlowering TypeAutoflowerWhere to GrowIndoor, outdoorResistanceUnknown

20230331 070544
20230331 070548
T

Tyrant

Hey all new updates for the fat bastard grow..... we're just about to start week 3 and had some news and more growth. First the news. Found out my autos were not actually autos at all the seed bank sent photos and they said I ordered photos even tho I'm pretty sure I ordered autos. Well whats done is done moving forward from that haha. Lights have been running 16/8 the whole time I had lux setting around 5500 then on Monday lowered lights to bring up the lux to around 7500. Today It was chilly in the tent down to about 18 celcius so I added second led light to add heat and more light. The ladies are now getting about 11k of lux each im slowly giving them more light to ease into vegetation atleast that's my plan. Humidity had been holding steady about 70 percent at the moment and temp was staying between like 22 and 26 celcius except last night apparently. My nutes should arrive today. Watering has been kinda all over the place both plants seem to be taking at different times and some times different amounts I put about 300- 400 ml this morning on one but have normally been giving about 200- 300.

20230404 063916
20230404 063926
20230404 063930
20230404 063934
Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Being in such a big pot so soon is going to take a while to get watering right. Just make sure to have the roots hunt but when it gets bigger give the root ball a shot too.

As for the light, just watch the leaves. Even if they stay green they can get dry and crispy. Any yellow/brown or praying move the light up.

T

Tyrant

Being in such a big pot so soon is going to take a while to get watering right. Just make sure to have the roots hunt but when it gets bigger give the root ball a shot too.

As for the light, just watch the leaves. Even if they stay green they can get dry and crispy. Any yellow/brown or praying move the light up.
I water about 3 inches away pretty heavy and then fill in the circle with a bit of a lighter water to help stretching. Atleast that's what I'm aiming for. As the plant gets bigger I'll move my starting circle farther away from plant till I reach the edge eventually l. If that makes any sense haha

TSD

TSD

It's probably best that they sent photos, way easier to learn with, Autos don't offer much time to fix mistakes. I just grew my first auto and it was an absolute shit show and I usually do ok, but I'man outdoor grower... I'm used to photos and treated it like one and it went downhill fast. Here's a handy watering guide, not sure if anyone posted it yet, I didn't see it but I skipped a couple pages. Just be aware that the roots will not grow into dry soil, so any soil that you keep dry is basically wasted space... but I get your point of watering in a circle, because saturating that pot with a tiny seedling would take probably 10 days to dry enough to need water again. Watering is one of the main downfalls of new growers because it seems logical more water is better, but that's not the case, they like and need a dry period. Overwatering is too often, not too much. You're in the right spot, lots of helpful folks here!

T

Tyrant

It's probably best that they sent photos, way easier to learn with, Autos don't offer much time to fix mistakes. I just grew my first auto and it was an absolute shit show and I usually do ok, but I'man outdoor grower... I'm used to photos and treated it like one and it went downhill fast. Here's a handy watering guide, not sure if anyone posted it yet, I didn't see it but I skipped a couple pages. Just be aware that the roots will not grow into dry soil, so any soil that you keep dry is basically wasted space... but I get your point of watering in a circle, because saturating that pot with a tiny seedling would take probably 10 days to dry enough to need water again. Watering is one of the main downfalls of new growers because it seems logical more water is better, but that's not the case, they like and need a dry period. Overwatering is too often, not too much. You're in the right spot, lots of helpful folks here!
Thanks for the info. Yes if I had known they were photos I wouldn't have put them in a 5 gallon pot haha. Oh well to late now. I feel as of I kinda have the watering down at the moment. I'm just slowly working my way outwards untill I start watering the while pot. I was watering about an inch or 2 around the plant to start, now im at about 3 or 4 inches around. I'll probly stay at that distance for another week then move out. But will depend on growth. At the moment they seem happy so far hipefully I can keep it up lol.

T

Tyrant

Start of week 3.
Had more growth. This week I have moved the light for more LUX. I'm at about 12,500 lux now and watering less frequent but use more water when watering. Humidity is running around 60 percent with a temp of 24 degrees.

20230407 072558
20230407 072605
20230407 072611
20230407 072615
T

Tyrant

Start of week 3.
Had more growth. This week I have moved the light for more LUX. I'm at about 12,500 lux now and watering less frequent but use more water when watering. Humidity is running around 60 percent with a temp of 24 degrees.
@GNick55 can you look at this pretty sure just about over watering but was told to ask you about the yellowing.

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Start of week 3.
If your only at 125 LUX that’s not light burn? But it looks burnt. Post the better pics here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom