Newbie? Is It To Late?

• Thread starter MIKEZILLA
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIKEZILLA

MIKEZILLA

Hi all!
I have been wanting to start a garden for some time....after doing some research on indoor vs. outdoor among other researches. I have decided to try growing outdoors in my back yard where things will be completely safe. I have some Og Kush clones I want to put out, however I am not exactly sure if it is to late already?! Right now we are frtting about 14hrs45 mins of sunlight and it will reduce down until 9-26-15 when it go to 12/12 and flowering should begin. I also have the option of giving it some artificial light if needed. I will be growing this in 5 gal. Buckets in cocogro. Any help or direction would be so appreciated! I'm in SF bay area as well. I thought that me be important! Again thanks!

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

Hard to truly say what the weather will do in the future if I were you I would put em out until there two feet and put em in flower right away you can do that by building a small frame with thick black poly wrapped around to block the sun or just bring em inside somewhere where they won't get any light

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

I hope it's not too late
I just put a few more outside;)

OP..... you'll be just fine to put 'em out now
Just don't let your expectations get too high
That being said, I think with care and skill an elbow is possible

derkaderk

derkaderk

Put em out, you'll be fine. I'm doing 2 sounds this summer, early Sept. Harvest and early Nov. Harvest, my second batch hasn't made it outside yet either.

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

Put em out, you'll be fine. I'm doing 2 sounds this summer, early Sept. Harvest and early Nov. Harvest, my second batch hasn't made it outside yet either.

That's pretty similar to what I'll be doing with the ones I just put out.
I'll run supplemental light in greenhouse to keep photoperiod good up till Labor Day or so then go au natural
Should be around the same timeline
Good luck

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

I'm jealous of all your guys loong good weather. Here in BC it's late september early october and you're starting to get frost already.

Slingem

Slingem

Plant them sooner rather than later
You get get more and satisfaction of
Doing it

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

Ya but don't you need supplemental lighting for when its not as long days

MIKEZILLA

MIKEZILLA

Update...So far so good....5 days after transplanting them and hardening them...Is it time for full sun or should I wait a few days? Any thoughts on the health of them?

derkaderk

derkaderk

Do they get any direct sun where they are? I think as long as they get about 3 hours direct sun they should be fine to move.

MIKEZILLA

MIKEZILLA

I have kept them in the shade for the most part..they may habe gotten a bit here and there...I am half tempted to leave them in the sun today to see how they hold up...But the other side says to he patient and wait a few days

derkaderk

derkaderk

Get them into full sun, but maybe only a few hours to start. Tomorrow bump it by an hour, the next day do it again.....keep doing that until they are in full sun, and not moving into shade.

soserthc1

soserthc1

Your plants will start flowering before 12/12 on 9/26 as @rubthe nub was kinda enough to correct my ignorance in another thread. They will flower pretty much on 14/10 or at least start. 2 of my 11 have pre flowers now. With that being said you will still get decent growth and should still get a nice harvest plus anything you get will be more than if ya didn't put any out

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

If you want to harden them off quicker persay , if you have some spare coin get some shade cloth , or even anything that filters out light you could use any kind of thin fabric that lets light through, that way it gets "full light" but it's not the full force and it may even help the plant with transplant/growing into it's new medium better

MIKEZILLA

MIKEZILLA

If you want to harden them off quicker persay , if you have some spare coin get some shade cloth , or even anything that filters out light you could use any kind of thin fabric that lets light through, that way it gets "full light" but it's not the full force and it may even help the plant with transplant/growing into it's new medium better
Greenthumb 89....thank you much for the info and advice! I am going to give it a shot how you described....It will be cheap peace of mind! They are still looking like they are taking well....Tommorrow will be day 7 for them....The sour diesel is taking off as well as this "flame thrower" whatever the "flamethrower" is...if anyone has info on "flamethrower" i would really appreciate it...other than being sativa thats all i know...and my 2 OG kush are not doing bad...one thing for sure is they definitely are not dead yet! I must be doing summin half right for once

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

no problem I'm learning some things myself always good just to ask sometimes instead of endless reading just to get different opinions. I've found some questions have different awnsers from diff people that all sound like they make sense so take most of everything with a grain of salt and go with what feels right. The great thing about gardening is each plant part has the cells in it capable of turning itself into a new plant (cloning) , So with that so long as you gotta good mother you can treat trial and error as a true learning experience to get the right technique. Also on this forum someone else is growing flamethrower you can check it out how their grow is going https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/flamethrower-og-kush-white-fire-x-fire-alien.37803/

Latest posts

Top Bottom