Newbie Needs Help

• Thread starter Davie G
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CharmCity915

CharmCity915

yes I'm in the US. If you could suggest a plant food that I could use that would cover all of the bases that would be awesome
To be honest you should find the nearest hydro store or nursery and call them.. Ask if they carry Fox Farm Oceant Forest Potting soil or Happy Frog Potting Soil.. Both are awesome to start out with.. Also ask if they carry the Fox Farm Nutrient trio pack.. The soil will be about $21 bucks and nutes are like $50 for all 3 bottles.. That right there is all you really need to farm

What CFLs are you using, like the kelvin level and wattage

D

Davie G

are you suggesting that I transplant them into some better soil? I am running 2 CFL lights per plant with 825 lumens each. I was having an issue with the container getting too hot. It was pushing 85 degrees inside and this soil temperature was around 80 degrees. Which is why I now have the doors open with a fan oscillating on them. and I was afraid that there may be a ventilation problem.

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

are you suggesting that I transplant them into some better soil? I am running 2 CFL lights per plant with 825 lumens each. I was having an issue with the container getting too hot. It was pushing 85 degrees inside and this soil temperature was around 80 degrees. Which is why I now have the doors open with a fan oscillating on them. and I was afraid that there may be a ventilation problem.
You need to know the kelvin range.. Look at the box and on the side or the back it has how much you save and all that.. Well right there is a 2500, 4000,5000, 6500 k.. Find out which you have..
For veg I use the cfls 5000k 23w output and for bloom when I used CFLs I used 2500k 23w output

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

What's on the other side of the walls where your baby's are?
Any windows ?

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

And I noticed you are using aluminum foil.. That's not that great for cannabis inside.. You should either get some mylar film or just go get flat white paint and that works awesome.. The paint is easier in my opinion

D

Davie G

I have 5000 K 13w. on the other side of the wall is my living room.

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

But yes that's what I'm suggesting.. You should transplant into that soil I mentioned especially if this is your first serious grow dude.. Its way more forgiving
Also with soil when you finally notice that your plant has burnt spots or whatever, its usually from a few days ago.. It takes time to show its deficiencies and it takes time to remedy the deficiencies.. Take your time and ask any questions you got dude.. We are here to help you as much as we can

Pictures help a ton as we can't see what you're talking about

paper dragon

paper dragon

Also, with any soil, mix in perlite. It will help with your drainage. Those pots, I have used. U should put extra holes in the bottom for drainage. Those pots will hold water in the bottom and you don't want that.
Fox Farms Ocean Forest and perlite.
Stay away from miracle grow, IMO.

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

Also, with any soil, mix in perlite. It will help with your drainage. Those pots, I have used. U should put extra holes in the bottom for drainage. Those pots will hold water in the bottom and you don't want that.
Fox Farms Ocean Forest and perlite.
Stay away from miracle grow, IMO.
That is 1 think I wish I would've learned when I first started.. I just thought the bag had enough perlite but you should add some more..
Good advice there brother

paper dragon

paper dragon

Let those babies dry out also. The roots thrive when the soil starts to dry, they stretch to look for moisture.
Strong root ball, makes your plant.
Just test the weight by picking up when you water. If you think it needs water, it usually can go another day.

D

Davie G

okay, so I have one more stupid question and then I will leave you alone haha. when transplanting do I knock off as much dirt as possible before putting them in the new soil?

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

If you have a bit of extra cash you should grab The Grow Bible.. Its a great book and it literally walks you through everything

Ask questions anytime .. There's some extremely talented people on here and moderators are awesome

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

okay, so I have one more stupid question and then I will leave you alone haha. when transplanting do I knock off as much done as possible before putting them in the new soil?
Being that your putting it back into soil do not knock the dirt off the root ball.. You can massage it in your hands to loosen it up but I wouldn't knock it all off

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

Let those babies dry out also. The roots thrive when the soil starts to dry, they stretch to look for moisture.
Strong root ball, makes your plant.
Just test the weight by picking up when you water. If you think it needs water, it usually can go another day.
I've seen some.people who weight it on a bathroom scale when its dry then weigh it when its after a feeding so you will know

D

Davie G

They look worse today. I am going to get them in new soil today. Should I clip the effected leaves?

Top Bottom