Davie G

IMG 20160422 070702
IMG 20160422 070645
]593052[/ATTACH]

IMG 20160422 070702
IMG 20160422 070648
D

Davie G

the closest place that I can find the soil you were talking about is 70 miles away. do you think I could use another type of organic soil?

paper dragon

paper dragon

If you use another type of soil, be sure to mix perlite about a quarter of your mix.
So 3/4 soil, 1/4 perlite.
Try to find a regular top soil.

D

Davie G

thank you. I'll let you know how things turn out as soon as I get them in the new soil

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Hey @Davie G
Welcome to the Farm 1st off
and looks like you are getting some great advice.
The one thing for sure That Helped me at th very start of My Growing Path was to
read read read
Then read abit more, along with the grow thread you have and the GREAT questions you ask
None are Dumb Bro. if it works out for ya and you get sound advice. YOU ARE the Peeps here are about helping each other out some of the older Growers will wait and watch you . . . . .
see that you do some homework for yourself and then jump in with a Bit of Advice,
IMHO you are doing great.
Get them babies into some better soil sounds like solid start and you may want to look at getting a Bucket
air stone and keep it full for fresh water this way you can let the water aerate and the chlorine will out-gass from the H2O.
Keep it Green Farmer
FlyJ

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

Yea that miracle grow is way to hot for ya.. Shoot I wouldn't even try miracle gro.. Like the other farmers said, get a good bag of soil.. Try to get something that has guano and earthworm castings and all that good stuff. Like fellow farmer said grab perlite.. Perlite is good dude.. I like to add bone meal to keep purpling away and its a one time feed..
If you wanna be serious about farming, I would drive to the store that is 70 miles away.. The closest hydro store to me is 2 1/2 hr drive each way.. Don't waste a ton of money on quick remedies, spend it on your future

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

IMO you should grab these items and this is off top of my head.. Other farmers please help if missing anything..
1 bag fox farm soil or happy frog
1 pack of fox farm nute kit
1 bag of perlite
1 osculating fan
1 3 gallon flowering bucket
1 book for journal
1 thermostat/ humidity for inside room

D

Davie G

third shift worker here and I just woke up. I actually did do a lot of reading on other sites and forums and I was told that I had a fungus, a nute burn, a phosphorus deficiency or spider mites. and it always broke into a big argument on who was right giving me advice haha. but as soon as I posted a thread on this site I had a definitive answer and everyone agreed on what the issue was. I appreciate the shopping list and after a cup of coffee I will be on my way to the nursery that has what I need. that's exactly what I needed was a little kick in the pants. thank you guys so much

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

third shift worker here and I just woke up. I actually did do a lot of reading on other sites and forums and I was told that I had a fungus, a nute burn, a phosphorus deficiency or spider mites. and it always broke into a big argument on who was right giving me advice haha. but as soon as I posted a thread on this site I had a definitive answer and everyone agreed on what the issue was. I appreciate the shopping list and after a cup of coffee I will be on my way to the nursery that has what I need. that's exactly what I needed was a little kick in the pants. thank you guys so much
I definitely don't know everything but I can help you with the experience I do have. I've learned a ton off from the people on here. Just try to read about the plant any free time that you have

D

Davie G

Thank you, I will. Do you think I should clip the effected leaves. They are starting to turn brittle. and it's only about four or five leaves two of which are really bad

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

Thank you, I will. Do you think I should clip the effected leaves. They are starting to turn brittle. and it's only about four or five leaves two of which are really bad
Yea get rid of em.. When you feed make sure none splashes up.. Punch a hole in top of water bottle and squirt it slow.. Let the soil absorb the nutes.. If you do it to fast then it just rushes through the path of least resistance IMO.. I had to learn patience with this..

When you get home get on here and let us know so we can kind of guide you through your first real deal set up

D

Davie G

I just did a Google Search and found all the places that supposedly has Fox Farm or Happy Frog soil. After calling to confirm they all said they do not carry it. hahaha starting to pull hair out now. I called 5 places that fox farm and happy frog say carry their product.

D

Davie G

I just found everything I need on amazon.com for around $100. the money is not a problem butt I won't receive the packages until Wednesday the 27th and I don't think I should wait that long. and when clipping the affected leaves do I take just the affected area on the leaf or the whole leaf?

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

I just did a Google Search and found all the places that supposedly has Fox Farm or Happy Frog soil. After calling to confirm they all said they do not carry it. hahaha starting to pull hair out now. I called 5 places that fox farm and happy frog say carry their product.
You can look for general hydroponics flora series.. It don't have to be fox farm soil.. Its just a great one to start with.. A good potting soil with as little mulch as possible

Welshwizzard

Welshwizzard

When you feed, try feeding around the circumference of the pot to encourage root growth outwards too

R3LaX

R3LaX

as I said I am very new at this so don't laugh at me haha. I am growing in 2 gallon pots with just some potting soil that I picked up at Lowes. And as far as feeding them goes comma I just fed them for the first time today and I gave them 1/2 teaspoon of some Miracle Grow per 1 gallon of water. I know I seem hopeless..... But I can't give up now.
Firstly don't give up man but you've got to enjoy to process otherwise it's just an out job to get done. Secondly are you phing ur fluids? Lastly get some vermiculite or something to help airiat your soil.

keiksweat

keiksweat

Mate,take it easy,they look ok for the moment.miracle grow is shite.but hey,order ya new soil.just give em water when they dry out a bit.new soil has enough food already in it for 3-4 weeks.ya don't need food for a good bit yet mate.your doing good bro.especially for miacle grow..good luck,and keep cool bro..

Top Bottom