Newbie, room set up ?

• Thread starter gumby420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gumby420

gumby420

Hello all, im new to the site, been reading for a while but finally registered. So i have a 10x10x10 room. my previous roommate was using it, moved out and now its mine. he left me with a 1000 watt HPS, about 25 ebb and flow buckets, air conditioner, some ducting, and 2 50 gallon reservoir. im not too set on the ebb and flow, i know he had some trouble with leaks in the hoses and some other problems.
basically whats the best way to set up this room? im already planning on getting another 1000 watt HPS to run two lights. just looking to maximize space and yield. thanks

hiboy

hiboy

What really matters is your skill level. No reason to set up a room if ya cant manage it. Read some more info on this site and see what your comfortable with
hiboy

H

hazeway

I'm guessing that since your roommate left you his 1000 watter your not new to growing or begin exposed, just new to this site! Welcome my friend! He most likely gave you a few tips along the way. For everything else the guys n gals on here can supply ample information for you to sift through. In my opinion when it comes to using up the space you have, 1000 watters flower 5x5, but most growers will go by 4x4 for higher quality when incorporated with multiple lights. If you only plan on 2 1000 watters I'd go with two 6' inch fan and vented hoods. This is also pending on where you live in regards to temps in the day and night. Rule of thumb is for every 1000 you have, a 6' fan is needed to cool it properly! That is if your running air cooled hoods. Not sure on specifics if your not cooling them. And as number of lights increase the 8inch fan would be better in terms of air.Also, some ppl like to stick 6 inch fans on the intake to blow fresh air into the room. If you were running just one light in a smaller space I wouldn't see the need, but in your case I would strongly recommend! So now that's 3 6inch fans! Getting pricey!
If your bud was having trouble with his ebb n flow due to leaks, I can't see it being any different the second time around. Personally, I went soil with a nice mix of guano and worm castings. Never did ebb n flow so no comment. But the whole farmer, hands in soil, seemed more appealing to myself. Back then I used pure vida, it was 100% omri organic. Not the case any more, however if your not into using the ph meter and the acids to bring it up and down I'd recommended Bio-canna. I always had issues with my ph meter going off and ph fluctuations. I have never used bio-canna myself, but it is 100% organic and no meter :) Guess i shouldn't recommend a product I haven't tried myself, but I'm anxious to give it a go next run. Plus everything I've heard so far has been good, except the price and that you should feed at double strength. Yet, no meter! Price kinda balances out in the wash. Hope this helps bro, but to maximize yield you know you need to be running more than two lights in that kinda space! Oh and for quality, when you think your plants are done and ready to chop em' wait another 2 weeks,lol. Too many ppl I see chopping crops early when if they just waited until the end they will notice that's when the swell comes on! Obviously you can't wait another 2 weeks if you've flushed them properly, but chopping plants at 7-8 weeks is a no-no. Just my input, hope I've giving you a few things to consider. Take care

Top Bottom