Newbie Uk Grower Needs Some Help Please

• Thread starter zeusk9
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
zeusk9

zeusk9

hi all plz can any one help my first time ever growing and having truble with my babys my
ph 5.5 to 6.0 no ferts/nuets yet just ph water runing 100% coco ther just over week old tinny i at lose big time to what gong on been
ps sorry bad grammar /spelling very dislexic

Newbie uk grower needs some help please
Newbie uk grower needs some help please 2
Newbie uk grower needs some help please 3
dan1989

dan1989

Looks alright in my opinion, no pro though. Are you on about the light coloured round leaves?

DGP

DGP

Coco has no nutrient value from what I understand. So, they may just need a,light feeding like 1/4 strength or so but hopefully some coco growers will chime in. From the pictures I can't really tell much but they don't look that bad....do you have a way to take a better picture with natural lighting or flash? A better picture would help a lot.

Dee

DGP

DGP

I enlarged the photo and kinda looks like the newest leaves are clawing and light blotchy yellow showing up.

Dee

dan1989

dan1989

Well like I said I'm no pro but I'm a coco grower and I personally like to start in peat pellets/into rockwool cubes with no nutes just ph'd water. I make up the pots a couple days before planting and water the coco lightly with a weak solution, my round leaves are usually starting to yellow a little by the time I plant so I water the coco with say, 150ppm. If I see yellowing leaves I up the nute dose a little until I find the sweet spot between hungry and just enough. You really need to do your research when using coco, it's not soil. Nothing like it at all. Use the search bar that's all I'll say. That and typing 'cation exchange'. Get ready for a sore head :)

zeusk9

zeusk9

Coco has no nutrient value from what I understand. So, they may just need a,light feeding like 1/4 strength or so but hopefully some coco growers will chime in. From the pictures I can't really tell much but they don't look that bad....do you have a way to take a better picture with natural lighting or flash? A better picture would help a lot.

Dee
i sound twat/stupid asking as looked resurched all over every symptom looks same as every other symptoms every think contradicts its self wen comes coco watering and growing in general so i at a complete lose/head over load carnt Evan fined sutible feed/water chart just dont trust me self yet checky stuped feck but realy i need a dummy prof from day 1 scheduled doing for me to get me going basically but to checky to ask

dan1989

dan1989

I'm still learning in coco by the way, done a load of single plant grows with LED's myself. On my first proper grow now in a nice big tent, 600w HPS and bla bla bla. Got so much space in there lol. Not an expert is my point, just sharing my own experience, not stuff I've read (except cation exchange)

dan1989

dan1989

i sound twat/stupid asking as looked resurched all over every symptom looks same as every other symptoms every think contradicts its self wen comes coco watering and growing in general so i at a complete lose/head over load carnt Evan fined sutible feed/water chart just dont trust me self yet checky stuped feck but realy i need a dummy prof from day 1 scheduled doing for me to get me going basically but to checky to ask

If I were you I'd wait it out and see what happens next rather than reacting straight away you might do more harm than good it may simply have become stressed along the way and is settling down

dan1989

dan1989

Do yourself a favour and cut the bottom of that cup off and tape it back in place. When it's time to transplant you whip the tape and cups bottom off and have a stress free transplant. Or get peat pellets, very nice to use.

zeusk9

zeusk9

Well like I said I'm no pro but I'm a coco grower and I personally like to start in peat pellets/into rockwool cubes with no nutes just ph'd water. I make up the pots a couple days before planting and water the coco lightly with a weak solution, my round leaves are usually starting to yellow a little by the time I plant so I water the coco with say, 150ppm. If I see yellowing leaves I up the nute dose a little until I find the sweet spot between hungry and just enough. You really need to do your research when using coco, it's not soil. Nothing like it at all. Use the search bar that's all I'll say. That and typing 'cation exchange'. Get ready for a sore head :)
was thinking starting rockwool but how long stay rock wool for before moving coco so yelowing means feed me/ready more neuts and is that what min asking for

zeusk9

zeusk9

Do yourself a favour and cut the bottom of that cup off and tape it back in place. When it's time to transplant you whip the tape and cups bottom off and have a stress free transplant. Or get peat pellets, very nice to use.
nice idea

dan1989

dan1989

was thinking starting rockwool but how long stay rock wool for before moving coco so yelowing means feed me/ready more neuts and is that what min asking for

Well yes yellowing means needs more nitrogen but the tricky part is working out whether they're not getting the nutes because you're under feeding or have another problem say, ph issue

zeusk9

zeusk9

think having problems with tap water is 185pmm strat out tap nothing aded just left stand 24hr is that reading ok or do need go back to r/o

Madbud

Madbud

Hi zeusk9, have you considered a softer light for the seedlings? I have very good luck with flourescent at 4 inches, 10 cm. Maybe torch em after a few weeks. Mine go two months tgen outdoors.

iloveyoutoo

iloveyoutoo

coco is 99% inert. u need to add nutes at a highly diluted rate. and use RO water ! also consider raising ur light. the plants dont need that much light that young.

zeusk9

zeusk9

Hi zeusk9, have you considered a softer light for the seedlings? I have very good luck with flourescent at 4 inches, 10 cm. Maybe torch em after a few weeks. Mine go two months tgen outdoors.
i built a smaller box just for seedlings with two cfl one 27 one 67 just till ok move to leds think 25w but eqivlant to 100w i think

zeusk9

zeusk9

coco is 99% inert. u need to add nutes at a highly diluted rate. and use RO water ! also consider raising ur light. the plants dont need that much light that young.
ye thinking just before ready move rockwool in to bigger pots coco wet coco dawn with coco a b mix harf a lhgit dose then so on so on from there if use r/o and canna a b do stil need add calmag

Top Bottom