Newbie With A Green Thumb...

• Thread starter Nikolimalaki
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nikolimalaki

Nikolimalaki

So I inherited a 2x2x5 tent along with 1 blueberry fem and 1 fruity chronic juice fem a week from flower. The girls had been stressed out to the extreme they where headed to the compost pile. After a few extra weeks in veg I was able to get them up and going again happily so full 10 weeks in flower and decent harvest in all. It got me itching to grow...I was given a cutting that I attempted to clone I believe she's rooting new growth it's been 17 days. I'm wondering how long before I can safely transplant it seems to have slowed I'm thinking that she needs more room. I use ffhf soil and advanced nutrients ph perfect grow/bloom parts a+b, bloom city cal/mg if needed and using 400 watt mh grow vivosun light(400 watt hps in flower). I also was wondering about some seeds I am germing now both auto fem blueberry and northern lights not sure how that auto works at all any help is welcome. I have 4 from seed and the 1 clone bubblegum and was testing out rapid rooters both seeds took well and are Alaskan purple...some pics of it all but am only doing some experimenting for the time. I'm going full tilt on the 2nd strains of auto flower! So the plants in pics that was when I got them in rough shape then but just an idea of my scene lol I'm a bit excitable...

Newbie with a green thumb
Newbie with a green thumb 2
Newbie with a green thumb 3
Newbie with a green thumb 4
Newbie with a green thumb 5
Newbie with a green thumb 6
Newbie with a green thumb 7
Polar510

Polar510

The plant still looks small should be ok in that pot.
Why is that seedling in standing water? Why are You feeding it nutes already? Fox Farms should have enough to carry it thru early veg. You probably locked out the available nutes in the soil adding Your advanced Nutrient cocktail.
All they really need is clean water to start.
Ph water to 6.5 Give them just a plain watering next time with 10% runoff. Unless Your running a medium like coco that needs fed You just let the soil do the work.
When You start feeding a bunch of stuff in soil You are changing the PH and killing beneficial microbes that help the plant naturally uptake Nutrients that are already there. If You see a deficiency make a compost Tea. Go to the search engine here and look up some recipes.

Dan789

Dan789

Hey @Nikolimalaki welcome to the farm. Don’t worry about getting excited, that’s part of the fun, when anything sprouts.
Remember that clones/ seedlings take very little other than moisture and high humidity. You can argument that humidity by placing a plastic sandwich bag over the top of the seedling and pot, to conserve the moisture. Not too strong a light and far enough away that the seedling doesn’t get burnt. Seedlings only need small applications of water, like several small droplets at a time until they start to take off
You don’t have to start feeding nutrients until the first leaves (round ends, cotyledons) start to wither.
Hope that helps, post any questions and I’m sure you’ll get the necessary answers, which will help you out along the way.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Strongly suggest ditching those translucent cups too..Roots and light don't mix..(for the time being, just put some duck tape around the cup..

Nikolimalaki

Nikolimalaki

The plant still looks small should be ok in that pot.
Why is that seedling in standing water? Why are You feeding it nutes already? Fox Farms should have enough to carry it thru early veg. You probably locked out the available nutes in the soil adding Your advanced Nutrient cocktail.
All they really need is clean water to start.
Ph water to 6.5 Give them just a plain watering next time with 10% runoff. Unless Your running a medium like coco that needs fed You just let the soil do the work.
When You start feeding a bunch of stuff in soil You are changing the PH and killing beneficial microbes that help the plant naturally uptake Nutrients that are already there. If You see a deficiency make a compost Tea. Go to the search engine here and look up some recipes.
See idk if you saw the pic of the tent? I think 6 going on but I am trying to figure out some of the things I was told to do. No nutes though no no, not yet any ways. Hopefully I won't really need any. I have used the nutes I listed previously with the deathly adoption situation, plus I actually garden outside love me all kinds of flowers and veggies lol. But my water is well. I had some issues with the first grow and I thought it was locked out and too many variables finally I got the healthywiser soil meter as my ph was over 8 and run of 7.3 it was high I used the cal/mg with no clue but it pulled it out of it somehow maybe the salt broken down. But I hadn't a clue getting 2 plants mid grow so now I have 207genetics auto BB fem and auto northern lights fem in just 38 hours the lights hit soil the BB is getting there I think but everything is a learning thing for me I have absolutely no clue about reefa seedling stuff I grow squash and berries, melons broccoli all outside so inside I am lost. But in all I personally wouldn't think drowning a shoot or blasting possibly burning the roots in a clear cup would be good for any plant but I've read sooo much and I really don't know with all the advice that's truly given then the (I was warned about)"trolls" telling me bad junk to see me fail I figured I have hundreds of seeds I might as well test it ALL so I am...I have 1 auto fem BB and 1 auto fem northern lights germinating now for a real grow just need to know what's really what...flower on I got a good amount of experience with the plants I got but from scratch I feel like I'm missing the flour to make bread??? So in all of everything in the pic I planted the seed after normal germ session and it took off normal stuff the rest is hearsay I'm not keeping any of those just seeing what happens if they make sense I got the other 2 seeds ready for soil tomorrow probably day 3 but I haven't a clue which way is up? I don't know how to sex a plant still hairy is female?I heard if it's a double set in the node it's female if it's a sac then make that makes sense but...I'm not keeping it simple I think I might try to kiss it all away lolol!! Thank you I will wrap the clear cups asap in am. Please don't hold back in open to the way of the farmer!!
Strongly suggest ditching those translucent cups too..Roots and light don't mix..(for the time being, just put some duck tape around the cup..
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/ya/ref=ya_aw_oh_od?ie=UTF8&ac=od&oid=112-1263836-4330623

20180228 104231 1
20180228 083348
20180228 083406
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Nikolimalaki

Nikolimalaki

They took your advice for sure I actually took it to a grade school protect and wrapped them with black construction paper and yes I put baggies over them too thank you

20180301 131341
20180301 131405
Polar510

Polar510

Looking better. Whats the plan for flower, since they are at various growth stages?

Nikolimalaki

Nikolimalaki

Looking better. Whats the plan for flower, since they are at various growth stages?
I was actually just trying a few things I was told on a trial and error type deal I'm only keeping the bubblegum that's a fem and I germed 1 blueberry auto fem and 1 northern lights auto fem those 2 I'm told will go in 8 weeks regardless but the bubble gum timed right hopefully I'll be able to flower the 3 together??? I have a 400 watt hps light for normal flower stage(that's what I used for the plants I inherited ready for flower and did 12-12) I'm really not sure if all else fails maybe it'll be nice enough to put the bubblegum outside to flower keep just the 2 auto in the tent. There's 6 plants aside the 2 auto it is only a 2x2x5 tent after all it wouldn't all fit . Also I think I got a sex on the Bubblegum? I was given some seeds and told they should be fem...hmm lol? I'll put up the pics so that it might make sense the way I can see the pistol in the pic there's the 2 lil v like things one of the 2 looks almost like a sac due to the angle but all the pics are the same exact place...

20180303 135157
20180303 134811
20180303 134555
20180303 133919
Polar510

Polar510

I think You are supposed to run autoflowers 18/6 or 24.

Polar510

Polar510

You are running the correct spectrum for flower with th hps.I run mh in veg then switch over to hps.

Top Bottom