Newbie with grow tent issues go figure LOL

• Thread starter sn0w1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sn0w1

sn0w1

:) I will try to make this short and sweet I have a DR150 that I am havine issues with heat issues I know that people say that the 79-80 isnt bad but for older growers they said you will have fluff which is what I have and would prefer dense nugs. The way I have things set up in this tent are as followed
1- 6in stationary fan
1-6in oscilating fan
1-6in exhaust fan using it as an intake fan thats pulling cold air from the ac
1-6in exhaust fan-exhausting air out of the tent back into the same room
1-8in exhaust fan that is exhausting outside
1-600w light
1-9000btu portable ac
The ambient temps of the room are 73-75 I do have another tent in the same room which is running t5 lights but that does not seem to be getting as hot but I also have a CO2 bag in there for the heat.
Any tips or tricks that could get me to the sweet spot would be appreciated. My leaves are curling up and down and twisting. I try to ph my water everytime I feed them when I give them nutes I try to stay in the 6.0-6.5 range nothing below and when I regular water I use 6.5-7.0 and it is RO water.All help is appreciated sorry for it being so long.

jagle

jagle

is the 6in exhaust fan from the tent, connected to the fan exhausting from the room.
or are you exhausting into room and then pulling out of the room, if that makes sense

sn0w1

sn0w1

Jagle I believe I know what you are saying the 6in is not connected to the 8in exhausting out the window. It is exhausting hot air from inside the tent out into the same room. but I am not pulling air from any other rooms hopefully I was able to answer that, thank you for responding.

jagle

jagle

no problem, well i believe that the hot air may be building up in the room, and then your intake will be pulling that same air in again..
exhausting straight out the window, as in connecting the 8 in exhaust fan to the 6 in one should help keep your room cooler.

jagle

jagle

you mention the ambient temps of the room in the mid 70's, whats the swing in temps in the tent itself?

sn0w1

sn0w1

I am a newb I placed my temp gage at the hight of my plants which are about 4.5-5ft tall and by the light which it was reading 79 this morning maybe I put my temp gage in a bad location? but I am not sure I know my plants look ok but the leaves are fringing as well as flipping up and down and twisting

But I can try to exhaust all the air out to see what happens.

jagle

jagle

having the gauge in the canopy of the plants is the best place for it.

but i mean instead of giving me a peak readng, whats the minimum and maximum temps over the course of the day time, and then again for the night time

sn0w1

sn0w1

inside the tent during the day its about 73-77 at night when they lights are on is 77-81 in the room its about 75-78 during the day and 70 at night I have a portable ac running almost all day except maybe about 2-3 hours a day which the room gets to 78

H

hondapower420

take the 6" fan you have for the intake and buy your self a 6" cool tube or air cooled hood and cool the light you can use the 6'' exhaust fan for a passive intake it will constantly be sucking the cool air from the other room thru the vents in the bottom of the tent this should solve your problem.. vent the light outside as well

SmokeyPipes

SmokeyPipes

How close are your plants tops from the light? Those seem pretty tall for that tent,also your "fluff" doesn't always mean it's an air issue,could be several other things but one thing is the need for a source of fresh air coming into the room,instead of recycling the same air over and over again

sn0w1

sn0w1

Thank you guys for all the help I am now down to 70-75. It was my fault my ducting need to be fixed I had too many bends. Again greatly appreciate the help

ttystikk

ttystikk

The single most underappreciated and most often ignored environmental parameter is relative humidity. If you're running temps around 75-80, it needs to be 60-65% all the way until the last 2 or 3 weeks of bloom. If you're running temps of 80-85, then RH needs to be 65-70%. This will help your girls grow much bigger, fatter and DENSER nuggs.

juggernaut

juggernaut

I have a 4x4 tent with a 1000 watt hps.
6" vortex exhaust outside
6" intake vortex both over 400cfm
8" honeywell fan
I run it at night.
Temp never goes over 75.
RH 55%-65%
House is 73 degrees

sn0w1

sn0w1

nice
The single most underappreciated and most often ignored environmental parameter is relative humidity. If you're running temps around 75-80, it needs to be 60-65% all the way until the last 2 or 3 weeks of bloom. If you're running temps of 80-85, then RH needs to be 65-70%. This will help your girls grow much bigger, fatter and DENSER nuggs.
I will for sure need to put in the humidifier I have then my ladies are running about 35-40 RH in there but I thought it was good to be lower due to mold?

sn0w1

sn0w1

I have a 4x4 tent with a 1000 watt hps.
6" vortex exhaust outside
6" intake vortex both over 400cfm
8" honeywell fan
I run it at night.
Temp never goes over 75.
RH 55%-65%
House is 73 degrees
I would like to upgrade to a 1000w but I want to make sure I have heat under control which is why I picked up a portable ac. I keep my house at 78 which is better on my wife she has illness that cause tons of pain when she gets too cold.

ttystikk

ttystikk

nice
I will for sure need to put in the humidifier I have then my ladies are running about 35-40 RH in there but I thought it was good to be lower due to mold?

Fight mold directly with sulphur burning and antifungal sprays, rather than attempting to do it indirectly. Stronger plants are better able to resist pests of all kinds, and higher humidity will definitely help them.

sn0w1

sn0w1

I will try that on my next flower group for sure especially if if it will bring out more density. Thank for the tips ttystikk.

qupee

qupee

One thing I don't see mentioned is genetics. Are you sure the pheno's you're running aren't simply larfy (thin)?

T

thegig

ive been growing for 10 yars. just bought a tent went 8 months with failed crops and couldent figure it out for the life of me. found out my tent was offgassing and was killing my plants. sucked big time. trashed the tent kept the frame and constructed my room with that and evrything is back to normal

T

theAardvark

I have had brand and generic tents and never dealt with the offgassing issue. Anytime I had one I powered on the light with the tent zipped and no vents for a few hours and aired it out and never had an issue plant wise.

Only simple way to lower temps in the tent is by fixing the rooms ambient temp the tent is residing in.

Top Bottom