Newbs Suck

• Thread starter Mr.GoodCat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
It is bad enough in person but then it is even more frustrating online because it takes time to type answers. Then they never come back or just ignore what people suggested and they fail but blame others.

I keep helping where I can but it gets limited more than before.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer said:
...all while smoking a cigarette in the grow...
so that's a no no... gotcha.

Google "Tobacco Mosaic Virus"

what's the best advise fer this sitch... ?

Those seedlings are stretching for light. Your best bet is to increase the light and transplant them deeper, or use something to prop them up until they can be transplanted deeper safely.

edit: sorry i went off-topic

T

Toes

when I go deeper... transplant up to the cotes... maybe a little lower?

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

haha, edit: Anyone who feels the need to put "master" anything in front of their job title has serious self-esteem issues...

saw this and couldnt leave it alone lol
i truly belive i am the masta of cheesing

500lbs Guerilla

500lbs Guerilla

I think this is typical of any web forum, and why some forums are invite only. A newb is a newb and will do what newbs do, ie: experiment and fuck up plants. Its all part of the learning process. It does get really annoying though when a newb becomes a self proclaimed mentor. Hell, I'm probably guilty myself of giving out some bunk advice to people at some point in the past.

But with most things in life, the more I experience and learn, the less I feel I know. As Oscar Wilde said, "I'm not young enough to know everything."

Giddeon

Giddeon

Haha great thread amusing reading....

My signature is kinda geared towards newbs (no one in particular) that think they are hot shit so I had to post.

convex

convex

"I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing." - Socrates.

:)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
un-grand master grower here knows a lil absorbs alot-lol--i feel ive had my ups and downs with growing i consider my self a seasoned grower-after fifteen-16 years im still learning new tricks of the trade --and am able to admit most of the growers on here could blow me away with the knowledge base but thats what us seasoned gardeners are teachers as well as students
Now, see, that's why I'm more inclined to listen to what you have to say. I am always suspect of someone who puts themselves out there as an ex-spurt (!) (Bob's words, not mine). You're qualifying everything you say as being within your realm of experience, and I've also noticed that you don't dismiss others out of hand.

The flip side of this coin that EVERYONE should remember, that has taken me years to get through my head, is that great danger lies in becoming dogmatic. You close yourself off to quite a lot if you fall into that mental trap.

I've spent a lot of years teaching people how to keep fish, and it's interesting, I don't think I could have said I ran across this sort of thing with any kind of frequency. If someone finds a book that makes them feel they know quite a lot, then let them have at it. Don't waste time or energy harboring bad feelings about it, accept that they feel they are no longer padawan, and stand back.

Then, when they come to you for advice, I wouldn't be surprised if the smarter ones also come with at least a small measure of humility. Unless we're talking about a 20-something-year-old 'man' who doesn't seem to think his mother has anything useful in her head, because he's been doing it so much longer and he's got that Jorge Cervantes book!

500lbs hit the heavy there. Good post.

GI JO

GI JO

I am not new to this game but right now I have plants that look like absolute shit and I have no idea why. I have lots of air coming in, fans, temps between 72 - 78, have flushed with the runoff showing approx. 700-800 ppm, ph between 6.5 to 6.8. I am in 5 gal pails, promix with about 30% perlite and lime added to stabilize the ph.

So what I'm getting at is..... many years of experience and past grows that were very successful is not a guarantee that my learning is over, quite the opposite right now.

I can only hope that things get better and this is just a temporary setback.

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

I am not new to this game but right now I have plants that look like absolute shit and I have no idea why. I have lots of air coming in, fans, temps between 72 - 78, have flushed with the runoff showing approx. 700-800 ppm, ph between 6.5 to 6.8. I am in 5 gal pails, promix with about 30% perlite and lime added to stabilize the ph.

So what I'm getting at is..... many years of experience and past grows that were very successful is not a guarantee that my learning is over, quite the opposite right now.

I can only hope that things get better and this is just a temporary setback.

whats your rh? often times this is a very important factor over looked and this time of year it could be dangerously low

GI JO

GI JO

RH is only around 40% even with a humidifier in the room. Having a bitch of a time trying to bring it up because when the lights are on the exhaust fan runs pretty constantly and takes the humidity out with it.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I work in an industry that is filled with EGO's, yet I stay as humble as I possibly can, and thrive on knowledge about my career. The more I learn about what I do in my chosen career, the more I strive to share that information with my colleagues.

I learned quite a bit from my "Mentor", but when I found the Farm, I spent about 2 months reading everything on this site. I then put all that knowledge to work and surpassed my mentor on gpw.....on my second grow. Instead of congratulating me on my hard work, she told me that it wasn't organic and therefore not as good as hers, and that the foxtailing some of my buds had made it look like shit. I never heard one complaint from anyone about flavor, or appearance on that grow.

I don't know it all, in fact there are times when I am surprised as hell by the results I get, because I don't feel like I know all that much. I don't think growing good MMJ requires a degree. I do think growing good MMJ requires a LOVE for the plant, and a lot of WORK. I put a LOT of time and energy into taking care of my ladies, and I think that's why I have done fairly well so far.

I heard this a long time ago and I do my best to live by it.

"Minds are like parachutes. They only work when they are open."

E

EACH1TEACH1

yo celtic said to hear that. i had similar situation. my mentor wont even have me around anymore because everyone compliments and looks for my herbs when im around. it is a real crunchy feeling. either way, you dont learn enough or you learn to fast, either way seems hard for mentor.

Latest posts

Top Bottom