Next week we go to flush!

ViparSpectra

Supporter
Thank Mr. BudsBros for sharing the update:

Lemon Skunk is a popular and now very stable plant with genuinely mouth-watering flowers. The flowers are elongated and very full, they look solid. The colors come up, this week we sprinted with Plagron fertilizers that helped us not get too yellow to the flush, next week we go to flush.

Light used: ViparSpectra P2000

Next week we go to flush

N

nicolajanjak

it's a broscience practice
if you give straight water, they will start to yellow, transpire less, eat less co2 ... starve
you will soon notice a decline in terpenes and growth

instead try to keep them healthy and green until the last day, giving just enough nutrients

from underneath its looks nice, would be a shame to "flush" this

RookieBuds

RookieBuds

Flushing is a highly debated topic, BUT, some things to consider. . . .

People argue "why aren't other crops flushed?" Well, basically, you want foodstuffs, or even tobacco leaves, to contain FULL NUTRITIONAL content, for the most part. Cannabis, you don't, you actually really want the exterior trichomes & the flower material itself should be depleted of most nutrition, for the sake of good smokable flower. That said, there's still no emprical evidence that flushing is beneficial, only on anectodatl levels until now. A few studies have been "conducted" but there still isn't enough research done to definitively answer this.

I still taper down my feed and I do a couple/few days of plain water before harvest. I think of it as like washing my hands after I pee, I probably don't have to but it's still a good practice, lol!

ViparSpectra

Supporter
it's a broscience practice
if you give straight water, they will start to yellow, transpire less, eat less co2 ... starve

instead try to keep them healthy and green until the last day, giving just enough nutrients

from underneath its looks nice, would be a shame to "flush" this
Thanks for your opinion about flush, we will take it to Mr. BudsBros for reference, hopefully, the plant can be grown better!

ViparSpectra

Supporter
Flushing is a highly debated topic, BUT, some things to consider. . . .

People argue "why aren't other crops flushed?" Well, basically, you want foodstuffs, or even tobacco leaves, to contain FULL NUTRITIONAL content, for the most part. Cannabis, you don't, you actually really want the exterior trichomes & the flower material itself should be depleted of most nutrition, for the sake of good smokable flower. That said, there's still no emprical evidence that flushing is beneficial, only on anectodatl levels until now. A few studies have been "conducted" but there still isn't enough research done to definitively answer this.

I still taper down my feed and I do a couple/few days of plain water before harvest. I think of it as like washing my hands after I pee, I probably don't have to but it's still a good practice, lol!
Thanks for your sharing~ In my opinion, If you've got your feedings down to a science and are careful not to overwhelm plants with nutrients, flushing isn't completely necessary. If you're not pinpointing exact feedings or you use lots of additives and supplemental nutrients, you'll want to flush your plants. So it depends on whether the plant needs it, we need to observe the plant's reaction. 😄

Peat_Phreak

Peat_Phreak

t's a broscience practice

This is false. Sure the leaves fade. That is intentional.

However, flushing does NOT significantly decrease terpenes, cannabinoids or yield according to science.

Flushed versus not flushed gets bascially the same smoking results. Flushed weed isn't smoother which is one of the false reasons people use to flush.

SSgrower

SSgrower

I "flush" the coco not the plant, just water last 2 days before chop, lower nutes last week before harvest. Harvest then flush media for salts to be eliminated for next run in same bag and used coco. SSgrower

Trixie

Trixie

I don't think flushing, saturating your soil, and drowning your plants are beneficial. Most especially in the end when the buds are fat and dense. Some people run into mold because of too much water exposure in the end. It's easy to just use pure water for a few days to a week at the end of the growth to get a pretty fade.

Peat_Phreak

Peat_Phreak

I don't think flushing, saturating your soil, and drowning your plants are beneficial. Most especially in the end when the buds are fat and dense. Some people run into mold because of too much water exposure in the end. It's easy to just use pure water for a few days to a week at the end of the growth to get a pretty fade.

When most people say "flushing for two weeks", it means only feeding a normal amount of water for two weeks.

It doesn't mean using excessive amounts of water for two weeks.

ViparSpectra

Supporter
I "flush" the coco not the plant, just water last 2 days before chop, lower nutes last week before harvest. Harvest then flush media for salts to be eliminated for next run in same bag and used coco. SSgrower
Thanks for your sharing. How many days does it usually take before it is ready for the next round of planting?

ViparSpectra

Supporter
Thanks for your suggestion. We will try it in the next round.

Top Bottom