Nice Looking Buds But Not Potent, How Long Do You Flower?

• Thread starter StandingRock
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
william76

william76

U just sai
I don't think u could go wrong w anything from exotic, relentless, thc development, alien, dungeon vault to name a few.... I'm sure there's many more good ones those are just ones I've tried fairly recently been ver happy with......Gotta be genetic, sounds like you gave yours the right conditions to reach their potential :)
U just said u cant find any keepets from big banks like the attitude,but they stock exotic and dvg(whom u just recommended).76

Bannacis

Bannacis

On topic, a 47 day strain...7 weeks, 8 the most. And you took it to 10 weeks?
I have grown out strains past their harvest time. they got bigger, the stank will always linger. But the potency dropped way off. should done a flush at week 5 or so.
Attitude seed bank??? Got great beans from them. Ice bomb and Berry bomb from Bomb seeds. in original breeder packs.

william76

william76

Yea,iv found keepers from, the tude too,from raskal,mosca,etc to name a few,but yea,after a point the potency lessens when overripe,its funny that if u chop it at peak ripeness it gets more potent as it cures too!.76

B

brimck325

i've never had a plant get "weaker" from flowering 2 weeks past breeders flower time. i've never had a plant finish under 8 weeks. hell i'm ecstatic if i have a 9 week plant.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

There was a article around a couple of years ago on testing of THC levels during different phases of flowering that came to the conclusion that the highest THC levels were obtained between day 40-48 of flower. What they didn't consider is the CBD,CBN and the other flavonoid and compound developed by the plants.
Just from my experience, it take all the chemicals developed by the plants to achieve the High we are looking for and not just the percentage of THC.

william76

william76

i've never had a plant get "weaker" from flowering 2 weeks past breeders flower time. i've never had a plant finish under 8 weeks. hell i'm ecstatic if i have a 9 week plant.
Yea,im talking about going past ripeness,76

B

brimck325

i've read a study that stated the highest was at amber stage. the gov. needs to let studies go on to find the truth i guess.
maybe someone could take buds off same plant at different stages and get em tested. of course the lab would need to be legit too, as i've heard the same bud broken up n sent to different labs n got different results.
i've found plants taken early give me a high i really like, but it has no legs at all. i run sativa dom. plants though, very seldom indices.

edit: i just read a bit from rob clarke and it states indica is highest with translucent trichs and sativas with 30% amber.

Last edited:
william76

william76

i've read a study that stated the highest was at amber stage. the gov. needs to let studies go on to find the truth i guess.
maybe someone could take buds off same plant at different stages and get em tested. of course the lab would need to be legit too, as i've heard the same bud broken up n sent to different labs n got different results.
i've found plants taken early give me a high i really like, but it has no legs at all. i run sativa dom. plants though, very seldom indices.

edit: i just read a bit from rob clarke and it states indica is highest with translucent trichs and sativas with 30% amber.
Proper legit lab testing would be great,even better would be a huge overall study where it could be properly classified etc,no chance tho with the laws the way they are.just hav to keep testing it by smoking!,76

P

PharmHand

U just sai

U just said u cant find any keepets from big banks like the attitude,but they stock exotic and dvg(whom u just recommended).76
I haven't bought from attitude in a few years I have no idea what they stock. I used to buy from them exclusively but ended up trashing everything I bought. Seemed like too much variation in the strains I bought, I felt like someone was swapping out seeds. Seems sketchy to me when they're not even in the original breeders packaging. Since buying from smaller banks like the bay, seedsherenow, and firestax the strains seem more consistent. I know a fair amount of people that have also bought attitude and they didn't end up keeping anything either so idk. Maybe they're better nowadays..... Peace

E.C.U.G

E.C.U.G

Breeder
Instead of harvesting at one certain point try harvesting over a period of 3 weeks to find exactly where you prefer to take it?
Take a bud starting at 7 weeks,8 weeks,9 weeks and try the different points of flower. I'm sure you already know cloudy only no amber for more head high. more amber for body high.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Instead of harvesting at one certain point try harvesting over a period of 3 weeks to find exactly where you prefer to take it?
Take a bud starting at 7 weeks,8 weeks,9 weeks and try the different points of flower. I'm sure you already know cloudy only no amber for more head high. more amber for body high.
I will agree with that to some extent. but what I have found is the buds taken at 6-7 weeks gives you the good up high but the high doesn't last as long as a bud taken at 8-9 weeks. Of course the buds taken at 8-9 weeks has less of the soaring high but seems to be a better balance of high types. I believe the better choice is to pick your plant strains for the effects you desire. Only then you can experience the full profile that it's capable of producing?

P

PharmHand

I've only had bud tested a handful of times cuz it's so expensive where I'm at, but from what I've seen weeks 9&10 even 11 is when the plants producing most of its terps. Strains that finish earlier or taken early tend to be less oily. Personally I'd take some sticky greasy bud over dry shoogy bud any day..... And i don't mean moisture content. I've seen some super shoogy bud test at 14%thc and less trichome covered greasy bud test in low 20's , so from what I've seen and read it's not always about the trichomes. Plus the calyxes really swell and harden those last few weeks so you get more weight and the oils add weight too. I am talking about modern poly hybrids tho, I don't really mess with pure indica/sativa anymore. Pure sativas give me anxiety and pure indicas put me out and don't yield well for me:)

B

brimck325

i can't seem to copy/paste, but google robert clarke when to harvest plants according to trichome ripeness…..short interesting read

StandingRock

StandingRock

Everyone is pulling out great points. I plan on taking plants this run from week 7 every week till 13 just to experiment. I truly believe that week 7 won't be anything special though as I've sampled at that time before. To another point, sticky and glittery doesn't mean amazing either. These buds really packed on the glitter weeks 8 to 10 but it's not dank. I've seen other buds with not much glitter and it ends up being an amazing smoke.

I'm still convinced it's genetics. I have a bad pheno or just need another breeder. I know that's so cliche to blame the breeder but I'm no dummy and I've given my girls the best environment and really all that extra fancy stuff means diddly if your genetics suck.

Bannacis

Bannacis

It seems that the variation between test labs could be the reason for different results.
They may use different equipment, or inferior?
Steps taken in testing may vary.
The time it takes sample to get to labs, and way its shipped.
How experienced is the testing personnel?

Pick early or late, if your drying and curing is not spot on... bada boom!
So Strain?
Technique?
Harvest time?
Drying and curing?
Gotta be on ur A game...

william76

william76

It seems that the variation between test labs could be the reason for different results.

So Strain?
Technique?
Harvest time?
Drying and curing?
Gotta be on ur A game...
Forsure,the drying and curing is just as important as the growing it can turn a good bit weed into a great bit weed!,76

StandingRock

StandingRock

So Strain?
Technique?
Harvest time?
Drying and curing?
Gotta be on ur A game...

I like to think my dry and cure is perfect lol 60 degrees and 60% humidity for two weeks makes for a very nice dry. More important the cure in my opinion.

Latest posts

Top Bottom