Nice Looking Buds But Not Potent, How Long Do You Flower?

• Thread starter StandingRock
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
StandingRock

StandingRock

Hey guys I'm growing feminized ak48(hybrid with sativa leaves) from Nirvana for the third time. They say 47 days for flower which I think is total hogwash. I chopped 10 weeks after flip and I'm thinking that was still too soon as the buds look and smell amazing but don't have that kick and potency I'm looking for. I'm considering next grow chopping at 12 or even 14 weeks. The rest of my room is dialed it and I really am being limited by either genetics or flowering time and Nirvana is known for at least decent genetics. What do you think? How far do you guys take your plants from flip?

Nice looking buds but not potent how long do you flower
StandingRock

StandingRock

What do the trichs look like.when you harvest? I wouldn't believe any flower times most breeders claim. It's normally 2-3 weeks shy of actual chop Times
Trichs are clear cloudy and amber. I have trouble with trich color because every grow it's all over the place.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Look on the buds and not the sugar leaves. Sugar leaves turn quicker than the flower. Also shade the light from the scope area. Hps light will make trichs look amber when their actually clear or cloudy.

Imo, your plants look like they stalled out 2 weeks prior if your at week 6. Here's my end of week 5 with only 4x 315w cmh lights and co2.

Just to give you some visual perspective.

20170523 200514
20170523 200508

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Usually takes me 3-4 runs before I get new strains dialed in as far as nutrient requirements and finishing times, the longer I run them the more they get used to my flowering environment, they seem to finish within a week of their advertised flowering times. I still get odd-balls once in awhile that doesn't seem to want to show any amber until they are way overdue.

B

brimck325

even a stressed plant will have good potency if it's in the plants genetics. plants don't get much stronger with a healthy flowering, they just produce much more bud. your plant is weak, simple as that. plant more seeds and u might find 1 to your liking. i'm gone through over 40 headbangers from karma, some pheno's are hammers to the head while others are just ok.

william76

william76

Maybe u left it to long,ak,s usualy done in 8 weeks if its a decent version,its usualy a quick finisher.76

StandingRock

StandingRock

My thoughts exactly. I've done three grows all clones from the same plant. I'll do some pheno hunting this winter

even a stressed plant will have good potency if it's in the plants genetics. plants don't get much stronger with a healthy flowering, they just produce much more bud. your plant is weak, simple as that. plant more seeds and u might find 1 to your liking. i'm gone through over 40 headbangers from karma, some pheno's are hammers to the head while others are just ok.

epitome

epitome

My thoughts exactly. I've done three grows all clones from the same plant. I'll do some pheno hunting this winter
I find that many, cash croppers, feed heavy and then go to flush at week 7-8 and find another "gear" in flowering called "overdrive" jajaja, I think it's lock out stunting the plant then resetting flower, hence the extra long flowering period on the indoor cultivar...
Peace and chicken grease

epitome

epitome

Look on the buds and not the sugar leaves. Sugar leaves turn quicker than the flower. Also shade the light from the scope area. Hps light will make trichs look amber when their actually clear or cloudy.

Imo, your plants look like they stalled out 2 weeks prior if your at week 6. Here's my end of week 5 with only 4x 315w cmh lights and co2.

Just to give you some visual perspective.

View attachment 707954 View attachment 707955
That room my friend expresses an energy I coined as "momentus uninterruptus"
Nice!

StandingRock

StandingRock

I find that many, cash croppers, feed heavy and then go to flush at week 7-8 and find another "gear" in flowering called "overdrive" jajaja, I think it's lock out stunting the plant then resetting flower, hence the extra long flowering period on the indoor cultivar...
Peace and chicken grease

Can you elaborate on this more?

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Peace and chicken grease
I consider myself almost a cash cropper as I make my living growing. But I also expect quality from my Garden. I use no placos , or outrageous amounts of bloom boosters. Just a standard hydroponic nutrients with feeds maxed out at 600 ppm ( 1.2ec) on my hungriest strains with most of my feeds in the 450-550 ppm range.

P

PharmHand

Peace and chicken grease
Every cash cropper I know feed heavy and pull early with little flush and a quick dry.....
Hey guys I'm growing feminized ak48(hybrid with sativa leaves) from Nirvana for the third time. They say 47 days for flower which I think is total hogwash. I chopped 10 weeks after flip and I'm thinking that was still too soon as the buds look and smell amazing but don't have that kick and potency I'm looking for. I'm considering next grow chopping at 12 or even 14 weeks. The rest of my room is dialed it and I really am being limited by either genetics or flowering time and Nirvana is known for at least decent genetics. What do you think? How far do you guys take your plants from flip?
9.5-10weeks is average for most hybrids I've ran. You could try lowering your room temps to the low 70's for the second half of flowering.... But most likely it's the genetics. Don't order seeds from the big name breeders or big seedbanks. I've ordered many seeds over the years and not once have I seen something exceptional come from attitude or herbies or any of the big seed banks. Just a bunch of mass produced Reggie strains. Waste of time

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Every cash cropper I know feed heavy and pull early with little flush and a quick dry.....

9.5-10weeks is average for most hybrids I've ran. You could try lowering your room temps to the low 70's for the second half of flowering.... But most likely it's the genetics. Don't order seeds from the big name breeders or big seedbanks. I've ordered many seeds over the years and not once have I seen something exceptional come from attitude or herbies or any of the big seed banks. Just a bunch of mass produced Reggie strains. Waste of time

Yea, I have a buddy that grows my strains and he harvests at 45-48 days no matter what he is growing. Where most of my strains I run go to week 9 before harvest. I do have a few that run 8 weeks but as a majority mine all take 9 weeks before they are ready by my standards.

StandingRock

StandingRock

I agree. The plants looked done to me overall. I also drop temps to low 70s day and low 60s night the second half of flower. Gets some nice purples What breeders have you liked? I want to try someone else.

StandingRock

StandingRock

I consider myself almost a cash cropper as I make my living growing. But I also expect quality from my Garden. I use no placos , or outrageous amounts of bloom boosters. Just a standard hydroponic nutrients with feeds maxed out at 600 ppm ( 1.2ec) on my hungriest strains with most of my feeds in the 450-550 ppm range.

I run the exact same nutrient profile and ec. Less is more! Thanks man

P

PharmHand

I agree. The plants looked done to me overall. I also drop temps to low 70s day and low 60s night the second half of flower. Gets some nice purples What breeders have you liked? I want to try someone else.
I don't think u could go wrong w anything from exotic, relentless, thc development, alien, dungeon vault to name a few.... I'm sure there's many more good ones those are just ones I've tried fairly recently been ver happy with......Gotta be genetic, sounds like you gave yours the right conditions to reach their potential :)

StandingRock

StandingRock

I don't think u could go wrong w anything from exotic, relentless, thc development, alien, dungeon vault to name a few.... I'm sure there's many more good ones those are just ones I've tried fairly recently been ver happy with......Gotta be genetic, sounds like you gave yours the right conditions to reach their potential :)

I like to think I did! Lol a little light stress as I just switched to cmh and I had a few plants a little too close. Ill check out exotic. Any strains you'd recommend? I like more sativa.

P

PharmHand

I like to think I did! Lol a little light stress as I just switched to cmh and I had a few plants a little too close. Ill check out exotic. Any strains you'd recommend? I like more sativa.
Lemon meringue. If you like lemon flavor. Some phenos taste exactly like a lemon skittle almost too lemony for me, then some are more cookie esc ,I prefer the latter. So tasty. It tests high too- thc and limonene:)

StandingRock

StandingRock

Here's another bud because why not! Drying for two weeks at 60* and 60%. Then trim dry! Looks great and is a decent smoke just not a heavy hitter.

IMG 3023
Top Bottom