NightFireOg Grow by Woodsman

• Thread starter woodsmaneh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Well a long story made short. A year ago I received seeds from the good people at SinCitySeeds to do a test grow for them. The site we were on went down never to be seen again so it never got done. I grew the seeds out you can see in my other post here and now I'm here to show you what I got. Kind of a bummer as I already know the end result but here we go. By the way this is excellent smoke and was added to woods must have list. So I have 2 phenol's I call 7 and 5 NightFire OG, 7 is taller and 5 is shorter the buds look similar put as they grow you will notice the slight differences other than just one is big and the other is compact. The both kick ass my fav is #7 but my boys like #5. For this grow I have four #5 and four #7 in a UC 13. I am running Canna Aqua with 1ml per liter of Cal-Mag. I am running at 500+- ppm. I use H2O2 in the system. They were flipped last night. So here are some pix of what I have going, I have 2 test systems in this room with seven 1000w and I grow 17 plants total in this room. The single plant shot is in my Jumbo system and will be huge, should get 1+ from her and I have 3 smaller #7 in the jumbo.

First shot Big #7

Second shot is the UC with four #7 on the right. Third shot is of the 7's and fourth is of the 5's.

Fifth shot is three #7 in my jumbo.

Will post up pix every week till done.

Thanks for the great seeds guys

Nightfireog grow by woodsman
Nightfireog grow by woodsman 2
Nightfireog grow by woodsman 3
Nightfireog grow by woodsman 4
Nightfireog grow by woodsman 5

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Well it's update day on the ranch everyone is adjusting after the first week of flower. The first pix is the #7 phenol, going to be very big, dam I hate that lol, should be 1 lb+. The others are a mix of the #7 and #5 Phenol. I do have 2 Buleberry and a White Rhino in the Jumbo also, the other 6 are the NightfireOG and the 8 in the smaller UC are all NightFireOG also so a total of 14 NightFireOG ladies.

RH 65%+
CO2 1500 ppm
Nut PPM 520
Res temp 68
Day Temps 80 to 85
Night 73 to 76
Using Canna A & B with some Cal-Mag in week one

Week two will add Big Bud to the above at a rate of 1 ml per liter.

Pix are 6 hr after lights off.

IMGP9122
IMGP9123
IMGP9124

BakedReality

BakedReality

Bean Poppin..
Supporter
Liking the show so far....thx for sharing! Been checking these out... that's awesome you got two good phenos worth keeping!

What are the smells, highs, tastes like? Much difference between the 2? if you could do a comparison like you have so far would be greatly appreciated! Thx

DankTreez14

DankTreez14

very nice woods. I just dropped some nf og in some water. I will definitely be on the lookout for the phenos you described. very nice work.

shawnskush

shawnskush

Looking healthy woodsman should be a real phat room for ya!

ttystikk

ttystikk

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!

NOW I know what I want for my birthday!

Do they sell nails in .223 gauge at Home DePot?

germinator

germinator

Hmmmmm.....cant get any 9mm ammo......wish this was real.......I might.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

OK here we are at week 2, going to have some BMFP this run.

RH 65%+
CO2 1500 ppm
Nut PPM 640
pH 5.5
Res temp 67
Day Temps 80 to 85
Night 70 to 76
Using Canna A & B with some Cal-Mag
1 ml per liter of Big Bud

no Co2 this week there getting to big in the jumbo lol

the tall #7 is 56 inches at week 2, first pix

So what you see are the plants at week 2 of flower,

IMGP9134
IMGP9135
IMGP9136
IMGP9137
IMGP9138
IMGP9139
IMGP9140
IMGP9141
IMGP9142
IMGP9143
IMGP9144
IMGP9145
IMGP9146
IMGP9147
IMGP9148
IMGP9149

SinCitySeeds

SinCitySeeds

Breeder
Supporter
Thanks for the update man, im loving the custom setup ;)

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

This is going to be an EPIC grow 19 days into it and 2 days ago I had to go in and bend my ladies over I did top the bigger ones so they have 4 to 7 king buds but still had to bend them over, going to need the chain saw again at harvest.

To make a point about NightFireOG it does like to be topped and it does like my hydro set-up. I turned the CO2 off as they are going to fill the room without it, one way to control size. Still thinking about the wisdom of this?

Room is running real good and we have gotten hit with a bit of a heat wave to it's a good test for the summer.

:watching: :cigar: :wideyed: :cool:

IMGP9163
IMGP9164
IMGP9165
IMGP9167
IMGP9168
IMGP9169
IMGP9170
IMGP9171
IMGP9172
IMGP9173
IMGP9174

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Week three update, help plants are taking over my room lol, dam undercurrent growing trees again, so went in and bent all the tops over to try to get them back to 4 feet but of course they are still growing and would be close to 6 feet if I left them alone. Even the smaller ones in the little system are growing great and will be about the right size so should not have to bend over to many. These beans love to be topped and are starting to resin up nice for 3 weeks. Don't know what I'm going to do with all the yield, but I'll think of something.

IMGP9281
IMGP9285
IMGP9286
IMGP9287
IMGP9288
IMGP9289
IMGP9290
IMGP9291
IMGP9292
IMGP9293
IMGP9294
IMGP9295
IMGP9297

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

The 40/60 Phenomena
Plant size
The 40/60 Phenomena are events observed during the indoor cultivation of flowering cannabis, and when using a strict 12 hour inductive photoperiod (aka 12/12). The events start with the first day of the inductive stage (12/12), and end on the day a mature crop is ready for harvest, collectively this period of time is called the Days Spent Flowering.
Stretch Phase (early flowering)
The stretch phase is a period of time during early flowering where rapid extraordinary outward growth takes place. Some growers have reported seeing 5 inches of growth in a single day during the stretch. This phase is characterized first by the extraordinary growth accompanied by longer than usual internodes, then the explosive outward growth slowly tapers off as internodes shorten. The end of the phase is signaled when growth tapers down to approximately 1/2 inch or less per day. This coincides with a time span equaling 40% of the total Days Spent Flowering. At this point growth shifts from outward to building bulk on existing growth, otherwise known as late flowering or the fattening phase.
Fatten Phase (late flowering)
The last 60% of the inductive phase is a period where outward growth is less significant. In fact, it can appear as if growth has stopped completely due to the very short internodes. During this phase a more complex set of growth activities occur. It's not much different from an apple tree that stopped producing new apples and is now devoting its remaining time to maturing or ripening the apples it already has. With female cannabis, flower production accelerates, floral clusters begin to grow wider or fatten, resin production increases and peaks, sinsemilla calyxes plump, pistils start to wither and change color, and not long after that the plant is ready for harvest.
How To Use The Phenomena
The time-table of the stretch and fatten phases are important events for cultivators growing an unknown variety for the first time. The two most common anxieties for indoor growers during flowering of an untested variety are....
  • Running out of headroom or grow space due to unanticipated growth.
  • Being unable to predict the harvest date in advance.
An indoor grower with limited space, especially limited headroom, can find his plants pressing against hot lights if he doesn't take measures to plan for the explosive growth that takes place during the stretch phase. Knowing how long the stretch will last can give him that advantage. Similarly, a grower with limited time doesn't want to wait until the show is over to know when it will end. There are many things he may want to do with his time now that it's freed up from the high maintenance demands of extraordinarily fast growing plants during the stretch. Having an idea whether this period of lower maintenance will extend another 40, 60, 80, or ??? days will also help in the timely scheduling of his next crop.

http://www.angelfire.com/cantina/fourtwenty/articles/4060.htm

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

OMG it's update time and were 1/2 way done Wooowhooooo I'm so excited... will take pix tomorrow as it's lights on right now.

Holyshitphp

ttystikk

ttystikk

Yeah right- that waterskiier would be blind and deaf from jetblast for the 3 seconds he's upright- and then splat! Oops, he's dead!

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

here we are at week 4 of flower and other than very big plants all is going well, most of the shots are of the #7 phenol of the 2 that I kept. Plants are not fussy at all, very hardy and have started to crystal up real fine. Just shows you what you can do with excellent seeds and some luck.

650 ppm
64 res temp
5.8 pH
room temp 70 to 80 day
Night temp 70 to 74
Rh 65%+

:)

IMGP9319
IMGP9320
IMGP9321
IMGP9322
IMGP9323